Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444630 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #1290 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 10:44:29 »

Because things are going along nicely, its the last bad period and it gives Reg chance to stir the pot.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 11:14:03 »

Town win is my priority. Prefer it if we do it with swagger and style. If not possible then do it through blood and guts. A loss however we play, ruins my day/week so love expressive play but a 0-1 boring win at Barnsley on a Tuesday night is fine by me.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1292 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 11:19:54 »

Town win is my priority. Prefer it if we do it with swagger and style. If not possible then do it through blood and guts. A loss however we play, ruins my day/week so love expressive play but a 0-1 boring win at Barnsley on a Tuesday night is fine by me.
A boring 1-0 win away on a Tuesday at Barnsley yes that fully acceptable, but 5 boring 1-0 wins at home in a row and 4 boring 0-0s in a row? thats not so clear cut for me.

I know it would please probably 95% of our fans though so I fully accept I am unusual, but I have seen so much crap football played where we havent won that I would rather we went for it and lost.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 11:24:14 »

I am in the win rather than style camp. Given that we are talking about lower league football, I don't expect to be entertained.

Nothing to see here
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 11:25:05 »

A boring 1-0 win away on a Tuesday at Barnsley yes that fully acceptable, but 5 boring 1-0 wins at home in a row and 4 boring 0-0s in a row? thats not so clear cut for me.

I know it would please probably 95% of our fans though so I fully accept I am unusual, but I have seen so much crap football played where we havent won that I would rather we went for it and lost.

Like others I stopped attending when Flitcroft was manager, I travel a fair way and just got fed up with the style of football. Started to watch Maidenhead a bit, at least they tried to play the ball on the deck.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 11:43:09 »

A dull loss with crap football is the pits! The idealist I has every Town team playing with a combination of swagger and fire. 46 years of mostly the opposite, tells me that my ideal happens very rarely. I just hate hate hate them losing. I should probably get some help!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1296 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 11:46:25 »

A dull loss with crap football is the pits! The idealist I has every Town team playing with a combination of swagger and fire. 46 years of mostly the opposite, tells me that my ideal happens very rarely. I just hate hate hate them losing. I should probably get some help!
I agree, I went to my first Town game in 1974 so have seen so much shit over the years, I want entertainment now but not at the expense of results, we had that under Williams and his brand was supposedly entertaining but was actually sull as dishwater.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 12:07:52 »

A defeat (or even a win pretty much) these days doesn't really affect me as much as it used to. In fact by the time i'm back in London i've got over it (unless its a bigger game or a derby) pretty much so for me I'd rather see us play an entertaining expansive game than a turgid defensive display to try and nick a 1-0 win.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 12:08:10 »

I agree, I went to my first Town game in 1974 so have seen so much shit over the years, I want entertainment now but not at the expense of results, we had that under Williams and his brand was supposedly entertaining but was actually sull as dishwater.
Williams managed to achieve the worst of both worlds though, although he was trying the "style over results" extreme end of the spectrum, it managed to combine being dull to watch and ineffective. It doesn't have to be entertaining vs effective though. We've seen last season, and in many other previous seasons, you can have both, the polarisation is unncecessary
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1299 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 12:18:57 »

A defeat (or even a win pretty much) these days doesn't really affect me as much as it used to. In fact by the time i'm back in London i've got over it (unless its a bigger game or a derby) pretty much so for me I'd rather see us play an entertaining expansive game than a turgid defensive display to try and nick a 1-0 win.
Yep I agree.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 12:20:06 »

Salary caps voted in
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 12:24:15 »

Salary caps voted in
I see payments linked to progression in cup competitions and promotion are excluded, there's the loophole then that will be able to be exploited.

Still think proper FFP enforcement was the right option but hey ho.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 12:24:27 »

Salary caps voted in
Sounds like with immediate effect. Live scenee from Bolton:  Doh Jawdrop
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1303 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 12:26:10 »

Salary caps voted in
Not a massive surprise.

Although I personally feel that any cap needs to be brought in at all levels with varying amounts as the Championship and Premiership are where the biggest problem lies with massively inflated wages, although I doubt it would be voted in by the overspending teams.

Very much this. Make it fit for purpose and policed.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 12:28:48 »

I see payments linked to progression in cup competitions and promotion are excluded, there's the loophole then that will be able to be exploited.

The way I'm reading that is that you can pay bonuses to players for promotion or cup runs. Don't see a problem with that myself, and as a player you'd know there's no guarantee of that many materialising without some success on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: