Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444437 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1005 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 13:28:00 »

The guy is an utter cunt
You could have stopped there Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 13:31:57 »

You could have stopped there Wink
Fair point, he’s even claiming that water supply to the stadium isn’t sufficient now and having to tanker it in. Worked fine previous seasons didn’t it?! Yesterday they parked the away coaches in the road which was only ever going to cause significant traffic issues and clearly a deliberate act to cause chaos.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 19:41:46 »

The searching question has to be; after further deduction, will they manage to stay up?
If they get the sort of deduction they should, then the question should be will they manage to get back above zero? I've got more chance of growing a womb than Bolton have of staying up
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 19:46:39 »

If they get the sort of deduction they should, then the question should be will they manage to get back above zero? I've got more chance of growing a womb than Bolton have of staying up
Stranger things have happened .........

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 19:47:23 »

Stranger things have happened .........
Than me growing a womb or Bolton staying up? Smiley
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 19:55:30 »

Take your pick !! Eek Eek

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 20:02:05 »

For the two matches they are being inquired about, the maximum penalty they can receive is 12pts. So unless I'm missing some extra penalties (maybe the postponements trigger other sanctions?) then on current form they will manage to get above zero.

Looking at how shit it is at the bottom of L1, at present seems like Southend are doomed. Bolton have the same form as Wimbledon and would be on the same points as MK (if no deducts). They've only lost seven matches (Womble 10, MK 12, Sarf 14) and also have 3 games in hand on the aforementioned teams. Like I say it's highly unlikely and they are being rightfully punished but could it be that there are at least three other teams worse than Bolton, possibly more? They could stay up - against the odds.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: Monday, November 18, 2019, 09:15:39 »

I wouldn't write Bolton off, they've improved a lot and are 4 wins off safety with 3 games in hand....
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 18:35:24 »

Fucking make it up as they go along dont they

An independent Disciplinary Commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Bolton Wanderers will be handed a sanction of five points, suspended for 18 months, and a financial penalty as a result of being deemed guilty of breaching EFL Regulations in failing to meet its fixture obligations.

The Commission’s findings follow the consideration of a series of charges in relation to Regulation 31 and the non-fulfilment of two fixtures over the course of two seasons with the first in reference to the Club’s failure to meet its requirements for the scheduled 2018/19 Championship fixture with Brentford, while further charges were issued in September 2019, after the Club failed to fulfil its League One fixture against Doncaster Rovers on Tuesday 20 August 2019.

At a hearing on Thursday 14 November 2019, the Club pleaded guilty to the charges and, after hearing representations from both parties, the independent panel has ruled that Bolton Wanderers will be subject to a two point deduction for the fixture against Brentford and a further three points for the match against Doncaster Rovers.

Both penalties are suspended for 18 months and will not be activated as long as the Club is not subject to a further misconduct charge for non-fulfilment of fixtures in that timeframe.

The financial penalty issued includes £20k and £50k fines handed out for the two respective fixtures, with half of the amounts due also suspended for 18 months.

The decision remains subject to appeal.

This season’s fixture with Doncaster Rovers will be rescheduled and details will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 18:40:46 »

joke of a punishment
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 18:57:37 »

Imagine what the punishment would have been had the offences related to a club called Swindon Town.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 19:10:50 »

It's the suspended nature of this verdict. Surely this opens up a can of worms for clubs to manipulate League positions.

Scenario: A team in 3rd/4th place need 3pts to overtake the team above them and gain promotion (other). The team they are due play are mid table. The mid table team "Does a Bolton" and postpones the match without consultation. Handing the former team promotion.

Now if the punishment is only 3pts or 2pts suspended for 18 months, plus a fine of £50k and with promotion to L1 worth around £1.5m (solidarity and basic awards only), other than moral values, what is stopping the team needing promotion from having conversations with the mid-table team and offering them £150/200k for the "convenience"? It could even be concealed as an Undisclosed Transfer, further down the line. Corruption abound and if it wasn't already then cases like this can only enable those looking to flout the rules.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 19:19:18 »

League and FA are no longer fit for purpose when it comes to governance of the game. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the way the game is governed, probably done by an independent body as football is apparently incapable of governing itself
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 19:25:55 »

Oh yeah Paul...I know I said it was "highly unlikely" but possible that Bolton could stay up. Even with a new 12pts deduction applied. However now they will likely stay up. Part of me hopes they don't now.

Fucking holiday camp!

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 19:28:05 »

Oh yeah Paul...I know I said it was "highly unlikely" but possible that Bolton could stay up. Even with a new 12pts deduction applied. However now they will likely stay up. Part of me hopes they don't now.
tbf it's not Bolton's fault the League is a shambles. They've gamed the system and got away with it, I'm half minded to say good luck to them. But football governance is a mess
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: