Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 447689 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 14:18:18 »

Also not helped as the admin for the hotel and club is being handled by two different administrators.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 12:24:40 »

So Bolton was saved then and the consortium go what they wanted by getting the hotel as well.

They have a very short time to recruit players, but to be fair they may as well write of this season, they have their 12 point deduction already, the FL still have to decide on the penalty from the game from last season that was postponed due to player strikes, and then they have the game from this season that Bolton called off themselves, you would guess those will be some sort of points deduction.

I suppose they have to come down hard on them as it sends a message out to other clubs as well, if it was only a slap on the wrist then they would have set a precedent and other clubs would think they can do the same and get away with it.

I hope it gets sorted quick so the club can plan correctly and maybe build with a view to next season.

The question is though who will be the next club, Maccelsfield keep having court cases and paying the creditor the day before to avoid the case, will their luck run out or will it be someone else, until the FL sort the rules there is always going to be clubs struggling and riding their finances to the edge.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 13:59:49 »

So Bolton was saved then
Remains to be seen, doesn't it? It may just be a temporary stay of execution
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 14:05:46 »

Remains to be seen, doesn't it? It may just be a temporary stay of execution

It appears that Ken Anderson finally made £240,000 from the sale of the club, yet to get it over the line around £7.5million of debt was ‘forgiven’ by the Eddie Davies Trust, including loans made to Ken Anderson.

Not yet clear to what extent the new owners are in possession of a pot to piss in.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17866367.bolton-wanderers-takeover-completed-football-ventures-consortium/
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 14:07:27 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:12:35 »

Just reading about Bury's potential saviours, sounds not at all dodgy!

'Efforts were still being made on Wednesday to ask the EFL to reverse its decision, which has devastated Bury supporters, and to consider a last-minute offer to buy the club made by a London-based Brazilian, Gustavo Ferreira. He told the Guardian he is a pastor, and made the offer shortly before the 5pm deadline on Tuesday, in partnership with a gold mining company in Brazil, WGS Mining, of which he is a partner.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:28:34 »

Bloody gold diggers
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:56:10 »

It appears that Ken Anderson finally made £240,000 from the sale of the club, yet to get it over the line around £7.5million of debt was ‘forgiven’ by the Eddie Davies Trust, including loans made to Ken Anderson.

Not yet clear to what extent the new owners are in possession of a pot to piss in.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17866367.bolton-wanderers-takeover-completed-football-ventures-consortium/

We know what happens next. All of the unknown creditors and debts fall out of the cupboard one by one. They're still Blair Witch Project rather than The Sound of Music in film analogy.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 20:35:49 »

We know what happens next. All of the unknown creditors and debts fall out of the cupboard one by one. They're still Blair Witch Project rather than The Sound of Music in film analogy.
That's really well put, I'm going to nick that!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Friday, August 30, 2019, 15:08:27 »

Bury ST are now threatening legal action against the FL for not following their own procedures, I can understand why they are doing this as they are clearly hurting and must feel that need to go to certain lengths to try and protect the club, but equally I'd suggest they are fighting a losing battle the debts owed are to much and the white knight does not sound much like a white knight, they may just be in an even worse situation next season if they as to survive.

I think its time for them to accept what has happened and concentrate on what they can do like ensure the club is put into receivership and maybe have a chance of buying the stadium at a knock down cost and keeping the club name with its history and starting next season further down the ladder.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:16:49 »

Daily Mail saying we missed wage payments last season? Did we?

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #850 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:19:03 »

Daily Mail saying we missed wage payments last season? Did we?

News to me, I would have thought if this was true then the "anti STFC" element at the Adver would have picked up on it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:23:04 »

Unless they are on about the pension thing
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #852 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:26:36 »

Unless they are on about the pension thing
Could be, unusual way of wording it if it was though, and I thought that was nearer 2+ years ago now? wasn't Williams in charge when that happaned?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:43:35 »

Being as they can't even construct a sentence properly, I would lay doubts on their ability to research correctly either.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 11:44:46 »

He's admitted the article is wrong and we did pay all the wages but is refusing to issue and apology or correction as he's not the sub editor. Utter trash of a paper and journalist!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: