Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444247 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 09:43:29 »

PFA unsure if Bolton will even be able to start the season:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11672/11765942/bolton-doubtful-for-start-of-season-says-pfa-chief-executive-gordon-taylor?fbclid=IwAR0I1ihccS5f5N5HZwKzAMed2-FL77LsT9kixaCzj76-Fg3pEJ7XVn-6pgI
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #661 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 10:01:30 »

Yeovil takeover still not complete and in a it of doubt apparently.

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=30107&fbclid=IwAR2XytmQXpD6g8XfHnZ960asiweJltoiZu-Wr_ly9ipNbHlTh-14dc8Rwo4

Prospective co-owner Scott Priestnall has insisted that the takeover of Yeovil Town is still going to plan, despite delays in the proceedings. The current Huish Park Board announced an agreement with Priestnall and Errol Pope on June 14th, claiming at that time that both parties were "close to signing the required legal documents".

Five weeks later, and the club still remains under the ownership of Norman Hayward, albeit with himself and Chairman John Fry having been largely anonymous during that time. Priestnall has told the Western Gazette that the only sticking point is 'a few minor property queries' with respect to the due diligence and believes everything is going as he expected it to:

"The takeover is going to plan. We are very close to completing due diligence. We've got a few minor property queries being dealt with between the lawyers at the moment, which has taken a little bit longer than we expected, but I'm very confident we are in the final stretch. I'm really keen and eager to take over and start putting my plans in place. Some of those plans are already taking shape under our agreement with the existing board. Everything seems to be going the way it should and I'm as eager as anybody else to get it all finalised."

Back on June 26th, the Glovers Trust were informed that due diligence had been completed, but more recent communications from Priestnall have backtracked on that position, with the provisional co-owner stating that issues relating to the club's land had not been resolved. That aspect of the takeover process would appear to still be ongoing.

Currently ownership of the club's 26 acres of land is split between the original Yeovil Football and Athletic Club Ltd company (trading as Yeovil Town Football Club) and a parent company called Yeovil Town Holdings Ltd. In addition, there are two legal charges registered against both companies under the name of Norman Hayward, with the latter also having a covenant written into the Land Deeds under Hayward's name. Priestnall has previously said that he would expect these to be removed prior to completion of the deal.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 10:06:06 »

The ongoing "all going fine but just not quite done yet" delay is very reminiscent of the Portugeezers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 10:07:16 »

yeah, 'everything's fine' always gets the alarm bells ringing.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #664 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 10:12:37 »

It won't please many people on Facebook or some posters on here.....

But...

We really could be a lot worse off than we are.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #665 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 12:33:22 »

Really?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/football/shakers/17783754.bolton-bury-fans-look-challenge-efl-points-deductions/

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 13:11:01 »

That's just an irresponsible waste of fans' money which would be better put toward a fighting fund in case they need to step in and rescue the clubs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 16:40:45 »

Bolton's friendly on Tuesday called off due to ongoing players' strike and two more players have handed in their notice, asking for PFA help to terminate their contracts

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17784045.bolton-call-off-preston-friendly-player-strike/
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:22:09 »

That's just an irresponsible waste of fans' money which would be better put toward a fighting fund in case they need to step in and rescue the clubs.

They have now read the rules and realised they cant challenge the point deduction, likewise Bury trust have realised they cant challenge either.

Its all getting very close to the beginning of the new season, and the FL are staying v quiet, would anyone bet one or both of these not having enough players to field a team first game and being called off, especially with the remaining 6 Bolton players on strike at the moment, must be a possibility.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:49:03 »

They have now read the rules and realised they cant challenge the point deduction, likewise Bury trust have realised they cant challenge either.

Its all getting very close to the beginning of the new season, and the FL are staying v quiet, would anyone bet one or both of these not having enough players to field a team first game and being called off, especially with the remaining 6 Bolton players on strike at the moment, must be a possibility.

They will be able to field a team, if nothing else of kids if necessary. What that does to the fairness of the league is another matter considering it will basically be a bye for the first few teams who play them.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:54:37 »

Reading this and the other stories https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17785127.make-break-time-wanderers-takeover/

The Adnministrators do not seem to be coming out of this sorry saga with much credit, but lots of cash!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:51:49 »

Reading this and the other stories https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17785127.make-break-time-wanderers-takeover/

The Adnministrators do not seem to be coming out of this sorry saga with much credit, but lots of cash!
I haven't trusted Administrators since our CVA days. In no way was Andrew Andonikou operating in the best interests of the club and creditors when he was on the scene. Clearly he was also very friendly with Diamandis which was a massive conflict of interests, sounded like he was equally as slimey with Portsmouth as well.
Flashheart

« Reply #672 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:54:55 »

I forgot all about that cunt.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 15:04:26 »

I haven't trusted Administrators since our CVA days. In no way was Andrew Andonikou operating in the best interests of the club and creditors when he was on the scene. Clearly he was also very friendly with Diamandis which was a massive conflict of interests, sounded like he was equally as slimey with Portsmouth as well.

Who coincidentally appears to be a Director at Quantuma who are managing the process at Bolton.....

I have had two personal experiences of the processes in my employment life and both times the appointed Administrators have been long standing associates of the Directors of the company in trouble.

Sadly I suspect its as mired as most Company law.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 20:11:45 »

Notts County still in a world of trouble and a la Yeovil their protracted takeover delayed yet again:

http://twohundredpercent.net/summer-discontent-notts-distress/
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: