Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444300 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:26:52 »

Yet at the time you could see he could take say 200K for consultancy and cars and were quite happy about it, as long as it brought "stability"

The sale of catering still make it pretty pointless for the club to put on events at the CG as even the beer money goes elsewhere.

I am not sure of the context of that post, what with me having a life and not the time to trawl back, but in the real grown up world you lead on a business transaction you get paid for it?

I could make some trite remark about hindsight or try and tragically spin it to present a modern interpretation, but hey ho I am not as insecure as that and I don't always make posts with the sad hope that I will be proved right 6 years later!  Bye

If only we all had the time to spend ages trawling back 6 odd years to find posts, but then again in your case one only has to trawl back about 6 minutes to find on that immediately contradicts one following it!  

All very sad and pathetic really, I should stick to posting ill informed nonsense about the Council and blaming the Tories for everything, safer there.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:30:10 »

Catering sell-off would be the main one. Much like the Yeovil FB posters with their "why the hysteria?" there was plenty of "don't be daft" stuff from Town fans when people suggested Jed was a dodgy asset stripper, because "we don't have any assets to strip". I and others pointed out at the time that forward selling is one way you asset strip a business with no apparent assets, as pioneered various dodgy Rangers owners prior to their collapse, when they forward sole season ticket sales in return for cash they then claimed to use as "investments" in the club. TBF, the asset stripping didn't get as literal as it did at Hereford where his sometime collaborator Agombar was apparently ordering TVs and other removable items be literally ripped off the walls in the hours before the receivers came in.

Remember he and his fellow directors also did very nicely with "in kind" niceties like leased Bentleys etc. Might not have made cash on that directly, but it certainly took money out of the club and into private hands.

I know and accept all that, but in the big scheme of things its a hell of a lot of work and hassle for very limited returns, even with the catering they would have paid only a small premium up front with the rest based one would assume on yearly payments throughout the contract which will have gone to Power subsequently.

BTW wasn't it Mercs anyway! 
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:31:07 »

That doesn't really cover it does it. The rented Bentley, failed concerts, Town end bar without a licence, continuously lying to supporters, threatening supporters, getting called a liar by a high court judge. Those are why there is the 'hysteria' about him, he's as dodgy as they come.

Wonder what happened to his career in politics that he mentioned in court....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:32:06 »

I know and accept all that, but in the big scheme of things its a hell of a lot of work and hassle for very limited returns, even with the catering they would have paid only a small premium up front with the rest based one would assume on yearly payments throughout the contract which will have gone to Power subsequently.
No-one said he was any good at being dodgy.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:32:18 »

That doesn't really cover it does it. The rented Bentley, failed concerts, Town end bar without a licence, continuously lying to supporters, threatening supporters, getting called a liar by a high court judge. Those are why there is the 'hysteria' about him, he's as dodgy as they come.

Wonder what happened to his career in politics that he mentioned in court....

Redditch Council dear boy....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:32:59 »

No-one said he was any good at being dodgy.

And that was the point I was making, if I wanted to make a cool £250k by being dodgy I can think of considerably easier ways of doing it!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:34:27 »

BTW wasn't it Mercs anyway! 
Think he likes the image (and free bar) that comes with being a chairman. Back when he joined I was told by a friend who knew him that he was all "champagne lifestyle with lemonade funds".
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:34:53 »

Redditch Council dear boy....
Well seems like that was a lie as well now!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:36:43 »

And that was the point I was making, if I wanted to make a cool £250k by being dodgy I can think of considerably easier ways of doing it!
Yes but you're not a fucking idiot.... that's the whole point about Jed, not only is he dodgy as fuck, he's long on bullshit, extremely short on competence.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:37:01 »

Bury’s WUP adjourned for 6 weeks- though I can’t see what difference that’ll make.

Season starts 6 weeks on Saturday. No manager, no players, no hope really. I don't see how they will be able to fulfil their fixtures unless they somehow appoint a manager and sign players with all this on going.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:37:52 »

Season starts 6 weeks on Saturday. No manager, no players, no hope really. I don't see how they will be able to fulfil their fixtures unless they somehow appoint a manager and sign players with all this on going.
Not that many jobs in football, someone will take it on.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:43:29 »

Macclesfield face a winding up petition on 26th June. The players and some staff still have not been paid for 2 months.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:07:33 »

Yes but you're not a fucking idiot....

Ah that's the nicest thing you have ever said to me!  Girl Giggle
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:14:10 »

Supposed to be two serious buyers involved which I assume explains the delay to the WUP, suggested in the MEN that both local MP's are quite heavily involved in trying to sort things out and find a solution.

Looks like the debts could be £3-4 million which might explain why even the lieks of Jed etc are giving this one quite a wide berth, despite them actually owning some real estate.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:34:35 »

I am not sure of the context of that post, what with me having a life and not the time to trawl back, but in the real grown up world you lead on a business transaction you get paid for it?

I could make some trite remark about hindsight or try and tragically spin it to present a modern interpretation, but hey ho I am not as insecure as that and I don't always make posts with the sad hope that I will be proved right 6 years later!  Bye

If only we all had the time to spend ages trawling back 6 odd years to find posts, but then again in your case one only has to trawl back about 6 minutes to find on that immediately contradicts one following it!  

All very sad and pathetic really, I should stick to posting ill informed nonsense about the Council and blaming the Tories for everything, safer there.

Just trying to answer your question. It takes about a minute or so to look back at stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: