Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444336 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:21:37 »

Yes, it seems like you do considering twice you claimed that Macclesfield have spent all their money on their manager.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #436 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:25:47 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 14:58:00 »

Bolton placed in administration today
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 15:22:35 »

Most surprising thing being they are the first club for 6 years to do so?? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48257398

Whenever I see an issue of Admin I always think of our old friend and what he is up to these days....  https://www.quantuma.com/person/andrew-andronikou/
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 17:24:45 »

Minus 12 pts from the EFL to start next season.
Be Interesting to if anymore added for failing to play the Brentford game
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 17:42:20 »

it'll be  a disgrace if that's it.

You can't not complete fixtures without recourse
« Last Edit: Monday, May 13, 2019, 17:44:11 by Batch » Logged
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 19:01:07 »

it'll be  a disgrace if that's it.

You can't not complete fixtures without recourse
Surely there has to be a further points deduction of at least 3 points. That would happen in local football. Otherwise there is an incentive for not fulfilling fixtures.

Sent from my HTC U11
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 20:49:16 »

Surely there has to be a further points deduction of at least 3 points. That would happen in local football. Otherwise there is an incentive for not fulfilling fixtures.

Sent from my HTC U11

Agreed.

Clems Army!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 21:51:19 »

Given those pesky Macclesfield players went and played under the same circumstances, I'd imagine the EFL will have their hand forced to do something, talk of up to 6 points.  Haven't they also got to exit in a CVA to avoid another points hit as well?

Anyway, they are screwed for next season - no chance of this getting done before they need to be signing players.  Their current Manager is waffling about the need to keep the squad together - someone might want to let him in on the secret.  He'll be lucky to have a job and his replacement will be lucky to have a coherent squad of any description by season start.  Very few worse times in a year for a football club to appoint and Administrator I'd imagine, especially when it comes after every player in contract is now able to serve notice and leave for free.

Bury are likely to cut costs next season as well, and they don't do well when being promoted after spending someone else's money anyway.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 21:53:05 »

Oh, and the Administrator was the one that allowed Sisu to essentially buy back Coventry from themselves after going into Admin.  No guarantee's for Bolton that this works out well for them.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:43:34 »

This could have gone in any number of threads, but another great rant from Andy Holt this morning:

I’ve had letters telling me of their powers to sanction me or our club: But let me say one thing clearly. @OfficialBWFC have not gone into admin because I tweet concerns. @buryfcofficial are not on their arse because I tweet concerns. @thesilkmen ......@ReadingFC @SUFCRootsHall @oldham and many others (allegedly) are not paying wages at all, or have been late paying, because I tweet concerns. @Official_NCFC a founder member, have not gone out of @EFL because of my tweeting concerns. @BlackpoolFC fans have not gone years...absent from their club because of my tweeting concerns. @BCFC have not been deducted 9 points because I tweet concerns. @SkyBetChamp clubs are not losing over HALF A BILLION a year because I tweet concerns. @CAFCofficial supporters are not placarding @EFL with @Coventry_City and @BlackpoolFC fans because of me. Tweeting concerns. Supporters are not boycotting games in @CheckatradeTrpy because of me tweeting concerns. @SkyBetChamp clubs were not threatening a breakaway because. I tweet concerns. I could go on for another hour on this. The fact is all the above and much more is down to you @EFL @premierleague @FA IT’S YOUR responsibility. IT’S YOUR JOB to manage and protect the framework our clubs should thrive in. The fact is, I’m tweeting my concerns, because you are failing my club and all the....others. The fact is, you can’t hide from the mess that has been created in our game. Who else can be responsible??? There is no one to voice concerns to!! Might as well talk to the wall. We need to talk EXISTENTIAL THREATS to our game. The first threat is inaction by the bodies looking after our clubs and football’s long term health and well being, not doing their jobs properly. I’m going for a brew now and may start with the rest of the threats later.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 14:14:49 »

PNE have sent £2000 food vouchers to Bolton for the unpaid staff struggling to feed families

https://twitter.com/theawayfans/status/1128301146148413440?s=09

No love lost for either team but a decent gesture from Preston
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 15:14:20 »

And an emergency foodbank set up for unpaid staff. An emergency foodbank. In a game that pays some individuals up to half a million pounds a week, and where clubs gave Scudamore a £5m leaving gift off a whipround. Jesus Wept
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 10:34:52 »

Bury's fans have had to club together to raise money for food vouchers for the club's staff who still haven't been paid all of April's wages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48358800
Panda Paws

« Reply #449 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 10:41:17 »

Bury's fans have had to club together to raise money for food vouchers for the club's staff who still haven't been paid all of April's wages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48358800

And yet they were still allowed to go up. It's cheating. Plain and simple.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: