Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 50604 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 15:24:06 »

3 points out of 6 is a record over 2 games blah blah blah
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 15:52:31 »

Yes, if we can pick up those 7 points from the next 5, then 31 points from 24, means we could be Luke season bad and still end up on 50 which is usually fine for Div 4.

Considering we've had 6 from the last 5, and been largely garbage, it is doable, but will require the home form to improve, especially as there's a trip to Whaddon Road bunged in, and Numb are coming into form.

We're not going down Reg. Give it up!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 15:58:45 »

Personally I think Sid will be taken permanently in Jan. He'll be 23 by the time the window opens, there seems to be no future for him at Millwall and I think he'd want to sign. The Cambridge game, which he missed, was a shambles. In my view he's as important as anyone at the moment.
Exactly what a Millwall season ticket holder said to me,  they love him at Millwall but there are others in front of him, so chances of him getting a game are fairly slim.   They can't see him returning,  hope they're right,  could see him fitting in here well on a permanent contract. Probably the closest we've had to a Shaun Taylor for years.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #318 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:01:00 »

Probably the closest we've had to a Shaun Taylor for years.
Yes since ST himself I think, gives 100% for 100% of the time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:04:17 »

Yes, if we can pick up those 7 points from the next 5, then 31 points from 24, means we could be Luke season bad and still end up on 50 which is usually fine for Div 4.

Considering we've had 6 from the last 5, and been largely garbage, it is doable, but will require the home form to improve, especially as there's a trip to Whaddon Road bunged in, and Numb are coming into form.
For fucks sake Reg, can't you ever see light at the end of the tunnel ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:13:41 »

We're not going down Reg. Give it up!

Being involved in a relegation battle and going down aren't necessarily the  same thing... you can survive that battle. On Sat had we lost and Notts held on to win we'd have been 4 points off the drop zone. Happily it didn't pan out that way, but we've now got 2 difficult looking home games.... on the back of our worst ever run in Div 4.  That is the challenge now for Wellens..... find a way at the CG.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:28:14 »

Being involved in a relegation battle and going down aren't necessarily the  same thing... you can survive that battle. On Sat had we lost and Notts held on to win we'd have been 4 points off the drop zone. Happily it didn't pan out that way, but we've now got 2 difficult looking home games.... on the back of our worst ever run in Div 4.  That is the challenge now for Wellens..... find a way at the CG.

We're still mid table. Dress it up how you like.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #322 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:30:39 »

We're still mid table. Dress it up how you like.
Unlike Notts County who are only being kept off bottom place by an inept Macclesfield despite County having 38 professionals on their books and a season budget of £3m according to their owner.

Then again with Paul Hart as technical director I expect nothing less, his remit is "being responsible for "setting the club's overall footballing philosophy with a keen emphasis on our development and academy set-ups."
« Last Edit: Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:32:58 by Peter Venkman » Logged

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:45:13 »

For fucks sake Reg, can't you ever see light at the end of the tunnel ?.

It was Power with a torch!

Clems Army!
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 17:15:36 »

Out of contract in the summer too I think. Millwall fans love him but accept he's not a Championship defender. Would be a great permanent signing.

LB, striker, wide attacker for me, although Iandolo has a decent chance to stake a claim now and I'd like us to stick with him in the short term.

Also think Keshi is going to come good, does everything but score - him or Twine for the 10 behind a decent ST has potential.

Genuinely looking forward to tomorrow night to see us set up at home and play a bit of football.

I think Keshi will have a game at some point, out of nowhere, which he wins on his own with a 10 out of 10 performance. Trouble is I’ve been saying that for months, and he’s generally a bit of a nearly man. He’ll do all the hard work, then balls up the key pass or shot. He does need to step up, soon. But the potential is still there.

Advice to everyone re:all the usual attention seeking posts, just click ignore next to his name next time you’re logged in. The only annoyance is that you still see what gets quoted back by others, but I’ve enjoyed the forum much more since I did so.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 17:23:30 »

Exactly what a Millwall season ticket holder said to me,  they love him at Millwall but there are others in front of him, so chances of him getting a game are fairly slim.   They can't see him returning,  hope they're right,  could see him fitting in here well on a permanent contract. Probably the closest we've had to a Shaun Taylor for years.

Yeah, there’s definite scope for him to become a big fans’ favourite. If he gives us a couple of years, he could well captain a promotion winning side and do his own career a lot of favours.

Being a centre back there’s plenty of time for him to get back to Championship level. If we can’t get that far within his time, he could feasibly go elsewhere and match the achievements of someone like Flint.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 17:46:53 »

Unlike Notts County who are only being kept off bottom place by an inept Macclesfield despite County having 38 professionals on their books and a season budget of £3m according to their owner.

Then again with Paul Hart as technical director I expect nothing less, his remit is "being responsible for "setting the club's overall footballing philosophy with a keen emphasis on our development and academy set-ups."

Notts are in deep shit.... along with Bristol, Nottingham is a place where 2 clubs in the city isn't perhaps justified. Rovers recently went to the Conference, and it wouldn't be altogether surprising to see County drop.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 18:01:17 »

iv a feeling richards will recover. no idea on the radio silence over woolery- what is even wrong with him?

According to Hunt.... Anderson looks the best bet for recovery as they looked after him. They've looked at playing a false 9 system in training, so the lad Sol Pryce is getting mentioned. Don't know owt about him. Hunt himself is ruled out having played for Wigan and Waterford apparently.... prob a UEFA rule.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #328 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 18:14:28 »

Hunt himself is ruled out having played for Wigan and Waterford apparently.... prob a UEFA rule.
Players are not allowed to have played for more than 2 teams in a single season.

Hunt left Wigan in May 2018 and then played for Waterford so its not that rule.

Could be more to him not leaving Waterford before then end of the last transfer window also needing international clearance for any playing move.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 18:23:26 »

Players are not allowed to have played for more than 2 teams in a single season.

Hunt left Wigan in May 2018 and then played for Waterford so its not that rule.

Could be more to him not leaving Waterford before then end of the last transfer window also needing international clearance for any playing move.

Well at least we know, whatever the reason, and tbf it isn't very clear from the Adver piece. 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: