Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 51085 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #300 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:21:58 »

Are they? I am aware of  a number who made a song and dance about boycotting but are going anyway, are gates actually down on last yea?
6,380 last season average, this season its been 6,297.

Actually after the first 7 home league games last season our average was 6,313 so our average has actually gone up.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:36:42 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:27:08 »

Quote from: horlock07
because they're all boycotting ain't they, so our revenue is well  down. silly.
Are they? I am aware of  a number who made a song and dance about boycotting but are going anyway, are gates actually down on last yea?

it was meant tongue in cheek
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:34:08 »

Are they? I am aware of  a number who made a song and dance about boycotting but are going anyway, are gates actually down on last yea?

it was meant tongue in cheek

So was my response  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:49:20 »

Nelson is only here till January but Bayo and Woolf are here for the season, I hope we gets Nelson in for the rest of the season.

The only one who may return is Bayo and Power has already said he tried to sign him full time earlier in the season, if he continues to play as he did for the first 80 mins on Saturday then its a no brainer, but if we get him he could play as he did vs Carlisle last week making it a no goer.

I doubt Woolf will go back as hes been pretty integral to the side in recent weeks.

Ipswich in deep shite.... new gaffer, may think he wants as many bodies as what he can get... like Hollowhead  a few seasons back.

BTW, those hoping for some sort of bounce when the window opens are probably wildly misguided.  The evidence from Power's window work, is that we tend to get worse.

Ok it's not a perfect correlation as Jan 1st doesn't coincide with 23 games, usually 24 or 25, but more or less half way through the season.

So for season 13/14,  37 points gained in 24, 29 from the next 22.  14/15, 48 from the first 24, 31 from next 22. 15/16 31 from first 25,  28 from next 21. 16/17, 25 from first 25, 19 from next 21. 17/18, 41 from first 25, 27 from next 21.

15/16 was the only seaon where the points gained ratio was better in the second part than first, 1.24 under Ling/Cooper compared to 1.33 under Luke, not a massive improvement, but interestingly, he used to say he didn't want to do much in the window, preferring to work with a small squad.

It will be important to pick up as many points as poss before Jan, to compensate for the usual fall off after the window. I would say we'll need about 7 points from the next 5 games to reach the window, with some sort of buffer.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:54:15 »

Always positive...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:59:07 »

I like Nelson, but I can see him going out to be replaced by an older head. Wellens keeps saying he wants more experience and has mentioned a lack of experience in defence specifically.

Personally I think Sid will be taken permanently in Jan. He'll be 23 by the time the window opens, there seems to be no future for him at Millwall and I think he'd want to sign. The Cambridge game, which he missed, was a shambles. In my view he's as important as anyone at the moment.
Flashheart

« Reply #306 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 12:04:54 »

I had a look at their forum when he signed and a lot of Millwall fans seem to think this is his last chance to prove himself. Even though they like him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #307 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 12:06:20 »

Personally I think Sid will be taken permanently in Jan. He'll be 23 by the time the window opens, there seems to be no future for him at Millwall and I think he'd want to sign. The Cambridge game, which he missed, was a shambles. In my view he's as important as anyone at the moment.
I would love for Sid to sign for us, he is the no nonsense defender we have been looking for, for years, he gets any part of his body between the ball and the goal and no injury will stop him playing.

I think him and Woolf make a decent pairing at the back, more solid than any other of the options we have currently anyway.

Panda Paws

« Reply #308 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 12:07:36 »

Out of contract in the summer too I think. Millwall fans love him but accept he's not a Championship defender. Would be a great permanent signing.

LB, striker, wide attacker for me, although Iandolo has a decent chance to stake a claim now and I'd like us to stick with him in the short term.

Also think Keshi is going to come good, does everything but score - him or Twine for the 10 behind a decent ST has potential.

Genuinely looking forward to tomorrow night to see us set up at home and play a bit of football.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 12:07:45 »

So was my response  Wink

Doh!
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 12:11:47 »

I would love for Sid to sign for us, he is the no nonsense defender we have been looking for, for years, he gets any part of his body between the ball and the goal and no injury will stop him playing.

I think him and Woolf make a decent pairing at the back, more solid than any other of the options we have currently anyway.

Yes, Conroy is in no state to be playing first team football in my opinion, we all know Lancashire's limitations and I assume that Robertson will be paid off soon - why the fuck that smarmy twat Flitcroft gave a 30-something lower league journeyman 2 years we will never know. Woolfenden needed a run in the team and, now that he's getting it, he's doing alright. I'm glad that he's in for the season.

I think playing at right back versus Crewe destroyed his confidence for a while, he got rinsed and shouldn't play out there again.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #311 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 12:13:20 »

Yes, Conroy is in no state to be playing first team football in my opinion, we all know Lancashire's limitations and I assume that Robertson will be paid off soon - why the fuck that smarmy twat Flitcroft gave a 30-something lower league journeyman 2 years we will never know. Woolfenden needed a run in the team and, now that he's getting it, he's doing alright. I'm glad that he's in for the season.

I think playing at right back versus Crewe destroyed his confidence for a while, he got rinsed and shouldn't play out there again.
I agree.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 13:08:11 »

Out of contract in the summer too I think. Millwall fans love him but accept he's not a Championship defender. Would be a great permanent signing.

LB, striker, wide attacker for me, although Iandolo has a decent chance to stake a claim now and I'd like us to stick with him in the short term.

Also think Keshi is going to come good, does everything but score - him or Twine for the 10 behind a decent ST has potential.

Genuinely looking forward to tomorrow night to see us set up at home and play a bit of football.

Got to be looking at 2 strikers, depending what happens to Adebayo maybe 3, we cant rely on Twine or Richards so need cover
Peter Venkman

« Reply #313 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 13:13:24 »

Got to be looking at 2 strikers, depending what happens to Adebayo maybe 3, we cant rely on Twine or Richards so need cover
Woolery could still play a big part in it if he can get fit and stay fit.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 15:22:22 »

Always positive...

Yes, if we can pick up those 7 points from the next 5, then 31 points from 24, means we could be Luke season bad and still end up on 50 which is usually fine for Div 4.

Considering we've had 6 from the last 5, and been largely garbage, it is doable, but will require the home form to improve, especially as there's a trip to Whaddon Road bunged in, and Numb are coming into form.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: