Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327505 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 16:36:41 »

You don't need to rely on the bellends on here.  If you type ' loathed stranger podcast' into a search engine like google it will appear .

I have a link thanks and am listening as I type.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 16:53:55 »

In summary:

Players were asked to bring their own packed lunches, travelled on a double decker bus on matchday to a game in East Anglia, didn't hear from the Manager until matchday, didn't have anyone coaching them tactics and shape in the week, knew full well that Curran was getting a spot even though they all knew he wasn't good enough, were told to rest up at home and not worry about training (Caddis) when told they didn't need him anymore, got bollocked by the Manager for 90 minutes when they did hear from him, then got told by the GK coach when they were let go and nobody seems to know who runs the shop.

Sounds like a great set-up.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 17:08:21 »

Even a semi pro team would have more organisation and structure than we had

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 18:06:18 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
Loathed Strangers (as per thread title Smiley )
Don’t be a wanker.

Believe it or not I thought that's what you were asking.

But I can't stop being a wanker, sorry.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:28:44 »

Just listened today. All the off pitch structure of a Sunday League team, infuriating stuff. All that and we really weren't far off staying up in the end, how much difference would even a small amount of money made?

Although in the context of all the off pitch cost cutting, I still don't get how we ended up bringing in Missilou on deadline day.

Think Caddis did a good job of explaining stuff without really laying into anyone or coming over as making excuses.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 11:57:32 »

Good listen, what was Caddis or Rich messing with during the latter part of the interview, one of those sounds that once you notice it you cannot stop hearing!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 12:10:01 »

Agreed, a very good listen, shocking to hear about the length and depth of the budget cuts, I knew it was bad, didn't realise *how* bad. Cheers RPU!

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 12:25:27 »

Good listen, what was Caddis or Rich messing with during the latter part of the interview, one of those sounds that once you notice it you cannot stop hearing!

It it was Paul's headphones I think. Wasn't as obvious during the conversation... same with my poor sound - the downside of Zoom audio.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 15:10:49 »

Caddis interview was interesting - Hope he gets himself sorted somewhere. Thanks Rich.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 15:17:32 »

Is he going to go all in and do another episode when his contract expires?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 16:07:52 »

Is he going to go all in and do another episode when his contract expires?

I think he will as there's more to be said (and there is) but the last thing he wants is for anything to be misconstrued as excuse making so I'll make sure we record at the right time for the right reasons.

His desire to play for/coach/manage Swindon is very real (and not because he's approaching unemployment).
« Last Edit: Friday, June 4, 2021, 16:20:15 by Costanza » Logged
Crackity Jones

« Reply #761 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 06:09:21 »

Just listening to the Ardiles one. Fabulous to hear the great man. I particularly enjoyed his insights into Argentinian football. I had never heard that he wore the Number 1 shirt for his country before!

His town side was right up there with the best. By coincidence I watched highlights of the Sunderland 1-0 Wembley hammering yesterday. Good Times.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 07:06:23 »

In summary:

Players were asked to bring their own packed lunches, travelled on a double decker bus on matchday to a game in East Anglia, didn't hear from the Manager until matchday, didn't have anyone coaching them tactics and shape in the week, knew full well that Curran was getting a spot even though they all knew he wasn't good enough, were told to rest up at home and not worry about training (Caddis) when told they didn't need him anymore, got bollocked by the Manager for 90 minutes when they did hear from him, then got told by the GK coach when they were let go and nobody seems to know who runs the shop.

Not listened yet.

This all figures but still seems so much worse than I had imagined.

I am truly ashamed at the memories the 2020/21 players and staff will retain of our once great club.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 07:18:01 »

In summary:

This was going on all season as soon as Sheridactyl walked through the door. The atmosphere must have been awful.
It was woeful and Power and Anderson typically did nothing.
Grant was also treated appallingly as were a few “others” - just sleepwalked into relegation.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 08:33:29 »

I have been a bit behind on the podcasts but I really enjoyed the one with Ian Herring. Given his work and effort with Hungerford I don't think he'd be a bad staff member to have onboard at STFC, obviously once all the takeover is completed and things have been smoothed out.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: