Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327387 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 09:45:36 »

Not 100% on that Donkey but if you get the SoundCloud App then you can listen to them via their integrated player on your phone whilst driving, working, conveniently ignoring the wife etc.
Or just use a podcast App (Podcast Addict, Stritcher etc)? Not sure why you'd use SoundCloud to listen to podcasts rather than a dedicated podcast app, is there any benefit to that? (Genuine question)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 10:27:54 »

The Budgie podcast is the best one so far, good work..

There maybe a bit of bullshit in there (i think he just got a bit carried away in the moment of enjoying the memories) but at least he sounded brutally honest, and the industrial language just made the behind the scenes stuff more real because I believe that was (roughly) how it was.

I would have him back as backroom staff in a breath, a club like Swindon needs characters like that and he certainly wouldn't take any bullshit, and might just unearth the odd gem.

Agree with this. Probably the best listen so far for me.

I know I say it a lot, but keep up the great work Rich, these are really great listens.

Looking forward to the Juan Cobian one next week Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 10:37:51 »

The most interesting bit was about Jeremy Wray at the end, 12 months ago he might have been interested in coming back in (he has backers), irrelevant I know if LP is not interested in selling.

What are the chances of getting an episode with Jeremy Rich?  I am sure you have been trying and I know it's not likely..   I guess if you managed to get him he would have to be very guarded on what he says, so might make it pointless.

Would be interesting though nonetheless..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 11:05:07 »

Agree with this. Probably the best listen so far for me.

I know I say it a lot, but keep up the great work Rich, these are really great listens.

Looking forward to the Juan Cobian one next week Smiley

No worries!

Juan was a bit of a closed book for various reasons that you’ll learn from Monday!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 12:14:35 »

The most interesting bit was about Jeremy Wray at the end, 12 months ago he might have been interested in coming back in (he has backers), irrelevant I know if LP is not interested in selling.

What are the chances of getting an episode with Jeremy Rich?  I am sure you have been trying and I know it's not likely..   I guess if you managed to get him he would have to be very guarded on what he says, so might make it pointless.

Funnily enough I was told after the Northampton game by a guy who lives in Ramsbury & used to speak to Wray fairly regularly that he is still interested. I also asked him about Fitton but apparently he is in America permanently now.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 12:20:28 »

I wonder how a lot of our fans would react if Wray took over and bankrupt us by spending someone else’s money

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 12:20:48 »

*bankrupt us again

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #232 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 12:23:15 »

Wray had the easiest job ever when it came to keeping the fans happy. All he has to do was to say yes... to spending somebody else's money.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #233 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 12:24:13 »

I heard the rumours about Wray and Fitton with him last yeat but nothing came from it. I presumed they were the Trusts mystery backer at the time, this is probably not the case though.

Fitton would also be good shout, he seemed to like it at Swindon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 12:37:02 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave
I wonder how a lot of our fans would react if Wray took over and bankrupt us by spending someone else’s money

we'd all be delighted, obviously
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 13:40:57 »

To be fair to Wray, you'd hope he's learned from the experience:
a) Ensure you have clear communication with your funders/investors
b) Don't employ a loose cannon you can't say no to
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 14:29:14 »

Or just use a podcast App (Podcast Addict, Stritcher etc)? Not sure why you'd use SoundCloud to listen to podcasts rather than a dedicated podcast app, is there any benefit to that? (Genuine question)

I was just going on the basis that Rich has his podcasts on SoundCloud. If you've got a SC account then it's no biggy to just open up the app and play from there. I don't think there is any benefit to it or vice versa. They both enable us to listen, which is the main aim Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 20:24:24 »

Wray’s time as Chairman may have coincided with spending Andrew Black’s money, but his best skills, from a fan’s perspective, were the ones that came for free - his professionalism and his way of engaging with his customers. There’s no reason that Power shouldn’t do that, he just can’t be arsed, and/or hasn’t got it in him.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 21:09:54 »

Wray’s time as Chairman may have coincided with spending Andrew Black’s money, but his best skills, from a fan’s perspective, were the ones that came for free - his professionalism and his way of engaging with his customers. There’s no reason that Power shouldn’t do that, he just can’t be arsed, and/or hasn’t got it in him.

Admittedly Powers citizenship means it's difficult for him to be present. However, when here on matchdays he should be more "available" so to speak. If not, give the job to Clem or at least get in someone in to be the face of your club. They can pay me the meagre sum of £30k pa and all the Hobnobs I can eat. Trouble is I think some would enjoy giving me a slap.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Friday, November 23, 2018, 22:33:25 »

Admittedly Powers citizenship means it's difficult for him to be present. However, when here on matchdays he should be more "available" so to speak. If not, give the job to Clem or at least get in someone in to be the face of your club. They can pay me the meagre sum of £30k pa and all the Hobnobs I can eat. Trouble is I think some would enjoy giving me a slap.

Precisely. Wray was Chairman, not owner. He had a great Chief Exec too, who actually had a public facing role, in Nick Watkins. It was professional and we didn’t feel like a basket case. In the 2 or 3 years he must have been here now, I’ve never heard Steve Anderson (effectively the new Nick Watkins) speak and wouldn’t know him if I walked past him in the street. He’s virtually absent, or simply a form filler at the club. Power now does the job that was previously performed by Black (owner), Wray (chair) and Watkins (chief exec, in that nobody sees or hears of Anderson). That may be because Power doesn’t give him the ability to get in front of fans. But if you listen to Chris Tanner’s interview, and Sam M’s, they both emphasise the importance of positively engaging with the fans. Wray and Watkins were masters at it - and it cost nothing, really, to do that. Power and Anderson do less than the bare minimum, which only adds to the air of suspicion and pessimism that surrounds them. That attitude, of course, isn’t helped by the fact they’ve put together a shite team, but they’d make life a hell of a lot better as a Town fan if they simply gave the club the basic care and attention that it deserves, instead of simply waiting for the next property deal and watching the interest on director loans stack up.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 23, 2018, 22:38:33 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: