Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327589 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 13:47:24 »

Just listened to the Super Sammy one. He is a really nice bloke isn't he? It was refreshing to hear someone with a genuine love for STFC.

I felt a bit sad for him at times because he obviously had some personal regrets and problems throughout his career and, surprisingly to me, he lacked confidence in his own ability which never really showed when he played for Town. He was obviously disappointed that he never really achieved the success that was probably expected after his glorious spell at Swindon.

I remember watching him play against us at Orient when he was on loan there towards the end of his career in England and it was quite depressing to see him huffing and puffing around the pitch. Much like when Steve White scored against us for Hereford, I would have been quite happy for him to score against us because I loved the guy. One of the true Swindon greats.

Yep. Certainly a hero. Brought a bit of hope to what was difficult period, after dropping out of Div 2 and various admins.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 14:44:39 »

Haven’t listened to the Sam Parkin one yet but he is an excellent former footballer cum broadcaster. He is a permanent guest on a football weekly podcast I listen to and he talks a lot of sense. Seems a thoroughly decent bloke to boot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 14:52:26 »

Just listened to the Super Sammy one. He is a really nice bloke isn't he? It was refreshing to hear someone with a genuine love for STFC.

I felt a bit sad for him at times because he obviously had some personal regrets and problems throughout his career and, surprisingly to me, he lacked confidence in his own ability which never really showed when he played for Town. He was obviously disappointed that he never really achieved the success that was probably expected after his glorious spell at Swindon.

I remember watching him play against us at Orient when he was on loan there towards the end of his career in England and it was quite depressing to see him huffing and puffing around the pitch. Much like when Steve White scored against us for Hereford, I would have been quite happy for him to score against us because I loved the guy. One of the true Swindon greats.

That guy could sign for a financially troubled club at 100 yards and get injured whenever he came into form!
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 08:51:51 »

I've really enjoyed all the episodes so far, absolutely stirling work Sir !

Is there any chance of a Fjortoft or Nijholt episode?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 09:02:11 »

Cheers. I'd love to talk to them but it's a question of being able to contact them more than anything.

I made a very small attempt to contact Fjortoft who hasn't replied as of yet but he has quite a busy schedule so we shall see.

The next two ex-players that I have dates pencilled in for recording should make quite a few happy.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 09:57:27 by Costanza » Logged
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 11:01:56 »

Cheers. I'd love to talk to them but it's a question of being able to contact them more than anything.

I made a very small attempt to contact Fjortoft who hasn't replied as of yet but he has quite a busy schedule so we shall see.

The next two ex-players that I have dates pencilled in for recording should make quite a few happy.

Is it Michael Rose or Alan Sheehan?

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 11:07:57 »

Both.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 11:09:02 »

I'd like to hear from BOO, Jeremy Balmy and Drissa Traore.... as long as they're on the laughing gas.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 13:09:01 »

Lee Peacock and Alan Mcgloughlin? Or Micky Hazard and JAF?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 13:43:15 »

Lee Peacock and Alan Mcgloughlin? Or Micky Hazard and JAF?

I don't think I'm a million miles away from securing Hazard. We got as far as trying to get through but there were some technical issues and he's had some personal stuff recently.

I'll get in touch with Micky again soon.

I'm always quite reluctant to talk to people still associated with the club. Although the club have been quite good behind-the-scenes with a couple of bits and pieces.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 13:46:42 »

Jean-Francois Lescinel (Spelling?) would probably be quite an interesting character.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 16:05:05 »

I don't think I'm a million miles away from securing Hazard. We got as far as trying to get through but there were some technical issues and he's had some personal stuff recently.

I'll get in touch with Micky again soon.

I'm always quite reluctant to talk to people still associated with the club. Although the club have been quite good behind-the-scenes with a couple of bits and pieces.

Ah yes I saw on twitter his sister (I think it was) died recently?

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 17:13:44 »

Ah yes I saw on twitter his sister (I think it was) died recently?

Correct. He’s got lots of Spurs stuff too. Either way, I’d be surprised if Micky didn’t come on of podcast.

If people have contact to a Town player by all means pass them on! Just got another one committed because of a fan passing info on. Lovey stuff.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 17:33:14 by Costanza » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #133 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 21:30:07 »

Jean-Francois Lescinel (Spelling?) would probably be quite an interesting character.

I'm friends with him on facebook, happy to facilitate if needed.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 21:57:49 »

I'm friends with him on facebook, happy to facilitate if needed.

Make it so!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: