Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327401 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 08:28:23 »

Keep up the good work Rich. Is that your daughter right at the end of the Podcasts?

Thanks. Yeah, it’s my daughter at the end. She may not have an interest in football later but I need her alligence to be with Swindon and not Bristol City.

It’s a battle I’m just about winning. Just about.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 10:17:14 »

Enjoyed the McAreavey episode, and the best sound quality of any episode yet for me, felt pretty professional.

Really interesting picture of King from Heywood, Evans and Paul collectively, clearly had different impressions of the bloke but actually they agreed on most things, just that some of them came off better from him!
REDBUCK

« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 12:00:42 »

Yes I really enjoyed McAreavey, just goes to highlight what a shambles that period was and what i thought at the time that King got things done in 2003 / 2004 more by luck that judgement.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 13:26:42 »

Really enjoyed that Rich, McAreavy was really interesting. Clearly it wasn’t one of our more memorable periods and it sounds like the problems at the club really affected his career. And a really bad way his Town career ended to boot.

Interesting that Matt Heywood liked Kingy but McAreavy didn’t. Just shows as a football manager how tough it is to get a large group of individuals to mound as a team.

Keep up the good work Rich. Is that your daughter right at the end of the Podcasts?

Or how vital man management is. There’s a reason Eddie Howe is doing so well - his players tend to love him. I think Taylor could have the same effect, whereas I can imagine (on no more than a hunch) that Brown could be divisive. The podcasts really give a sense of what drives a player - something we often overlook as fans.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 16:08:16 »

Sam Parkin recording tonight. More King to come...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 17:39:42 »

super!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 21:15:19 »

super!

...and he was!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 10:42:21 »

...when I’m back to work I will make an effort to get through all of these.

Only think I will say is....Stefani Miglioranzi, please...if possible.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 11:00:57 »

Also, in a non direct way...in a few weeks I could get your details passed on to OOH! Shaun Taylor if need be...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 11:36:27 »

...when I’m back to work I will make an effort to get through all of these.

Only think I will say is....Stefani Miglioranzi, please...if possible.
That would be great! Just had a quick look at his Wiki page, and this line made me chuckle:

Several English clubs were rumoured to be interested in Miglioranzi after the announcement that he would leave Swindon - clubs included the Town's bitter rival Oxford United. However, Miglioranzi rejected the chance to talk to the Non-League outfit.
Flashheart

« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 07:43:22 »

I had a dream about this in what pathetic amount of sleep I got last night.

It was in the format of a panel show with Costanza as the host. I was captain of one team and Ty Gooden was on my team. Shaun Taylor was on the other team but I don't remember who their captain was. It was all done in the style of Monty Python film prequels, though (the cutouts).

Then the show came to an end because the studio got flooded by a tsunami (quite standard for my dreams)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 08:50:15 »

[Notes dream for future use...]
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 21:26:02 »

Folks,

As the sound quality was poor in his first appearance, Simon Ferry has kindly agreed to return the the podcast for a Q&A session at some point in the near future. If you have any questions then please send me a message.

Also, the Sam Parkin episode will be available from Tuesday morning (UK time).

Cheers,

Rich
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 06:26:31 »

Sam Parkin episode is up...

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/s01e14-sam-parkin/s-PZtu1

Please send me any questions you might have for Simon Ferry!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 13:35:53 »

Just listened to the Super Sammy one. He is a really nice bloke isn't he? It was refreshing to hear someone with a genuine love for STFC.

I felt a bit sad for him at times because he obviously had some personal regrets and problems throughout his career and, surprisingly to me, he lacked confidence in his own ability which never really showed when he played for Town. He was obviously disappointed that he never really achieved the success that was probably expected after his glorious spell at Swindon.

I remember watching him play against us at Orient when he was on loan there towards the end of his career in England and it was quite depressing to see him huffing and puffing around the pitch. Much like when Steve White scored against us for Hereford, I would have been quite happy for him to score against us because I loved the guy. One of the true Swindon greats.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: