Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iFollow EFL Streaming Service  (Read 56466 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 20:31:14 »

I'm sure someone said 80p/£1 to home team, 20p to EFA... can't find it. could have been bobbins
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 10:49:16 »

I agree Tans. FWIW if I was in the UK and was 50/50 about travelling up to support Swindon on Saturday, and the option to watch it at home for a vast financial saving, swings that decision to about a 90/10 in favour of ifollow.

I’m in Turkey at the moment, can I watch the game on this I follow malarkey - fwiw I probably won’t bother.
I'm with you somewhat.

It's a 70 mile drive from Guildford to home games and if I want to be parked and sat in my seat for KO we're talking a little under (or sometimes a little over) 2 hours.  Longer to enjoy a leisurely pre match pint.  Usually travel on my own and at 45p per mile, it's about GBP 60.00.  Better if shared.  Last week I was buggered on the M4 and only caught the last 25 minutes and still paid full admission (worth it for Bayo's 94th minute equaliser Smiley ).

You can't beat being there but I'll be honest it would probably half my attendance at home games if I could watch a stream of a home game (and ditto aways).  The quality was decent and I'd like to give Andrew Hawes a pat on the back.  He's developed into a very decent commentator.

We read about Premiership clubs still being able to make money with no crowds (or charging much less to retain the atmosphere for the tv viewers) but the economics are very different in the EFL.  I cannot see how Saturday streaming in the UK will help and especially if the club take GBP 1.00 per match view.  Still, I was never going to go to bloody Morecambe but well done to those who did!

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 11:53:25 »

I'm with you somewhat.

K
We read about Premiership clubs still being able to make money with no crowds (or charging much less to retain the atmosphere for the tv viewers) but the economics are very different in the EFL.  I cannot see how Saturday streaming in the UK will help and especially if the club take GBP 1.00 per match view.  Still, I was never going to go to bloody Morecambe but well done to those who did!

Must admit if I was outside the UK,  or even 100+ miles away,  less than £3 a game doesn't sound too much of a rip off - assuming it works.  Anyone know how much it is to stream 'odd' games please ?..
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 11:55:39 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 12:08:52 »

Must admit if I was outside the UK,  or even 100+ miles away,  less than £3 a game doesn't sound too much of a rip off - assuming it works.  Anyone know how much it is to stream 'odd' games please ?..

I pay 6€ (about £5.50) to pick individual games.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 12:31:37 »

I pay 6€ (about £5.50) to pick individual games.
Ok, thanks.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 13:37:38 »

As I am at home today was considering purchasing ifollow for todays game for the first time.

From previous iv seen it costs £10 and you get live coverage? Iv gone onto ifollow through the swindon official site and it says match pass not available for this game. am I doing this right? Thanks for any help!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 13:39:44 »

As I am at home today was considering purchasing ifollow for todays game for the first time.

From previous iv seen it costs £10 and you get live coverage? Iv gone onto ifollow through the swindon official site and it says match pass not available for this game. am I doing this right? Thanks for any help!
It only costs £10 for UK watchers when its an international weekend, which this game isn't so you have to be overseas or use an overseas VPN.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 13:41:56 »

It only costs £10 for UK watchers when its an international weekend, which this game isn't so you have to be overseas or use an overseas VPN.

righty got you. radio it is! thanks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 13:42:22 »

yeah, VPN only today if in UK.

(fyi iffy midweek games are available too to UK)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 13:50:54 »

yeah, VPN only today if in UK.

(fyi iffy midweek games are available too to UK)

good to know il try that later in the season.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 13:56:41 »

I might try Ifollow for the first time today.  Do i just need to go through the official site, while connected via VPN?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 14:00:27 »

in theory yes - everything is the same but through a VPN

they've blocked a lot of VPNs but some still work.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 14:01:29 »

I might try Ifollow for the first time today.  Do i just need to go through the official site, while connected via VPN?
Apply VPN log in and click on match pass, keep VPN on while watching is best so I hear.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 14:05:52 »

I have a VPN already setup on my work laptop, and as I work for a US company I am hoping that this will work, worth a go. 

Is it best to wait until just before kick off, or am i good to go at any time?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 14:10:10 »

Do i sign up for a half season pass for £60 ($76), or do I just pay for this match $7...  this is the question..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: