Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iFollow EFL Streaming Service  (Read 56477 times)
supersam

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 00:32:21 »

Just curious if any other town fans bought the annual pass for the iFollow service this season. If so what were your experiences and thoughts on service. Did you mind the fact that you can稚 have commentary and video together? What about no score / minutes shown? Did you think it was good value? Ultimately... Do you think you will renew for next season???
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 01:21:28 »

It's ok to good.

Streaming Quality can be a bit patchy at times and it seems to vary depending on browser being used but with no pattern from game to game.

I quite like not having a commentary.

Oddly, you do miss having the score and replays though.

It's been annoying being able to see every game, not sure that is iFollows fault though!
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 06:52:44 »

I'm reluctant to pay them a penny more, although I'd have little choice if there's a game I don't want to miss. I'd be fuming if I paid for a season pass. I was reluctant to do so because of their shoddy past, and feel very vindicated in my decision.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 09:49:55 »

It's ok to good.

Streaming Quality can be a bit patchy at times and it seems to vary depending on browser being used but with no pattern from game to game.

I quite like not having a commentary.

Oddly, you do miss having the score and replays though.

It's been annoying being able to see every game, not sure that is iFollows fault though!
Pretty much this.

The quality at the CG is usually excellent, the games at away grounds is quite frankly rubbish at times, they zoom in to just the player with the ball and then he shoots and they pan the camera to see the net bulging after the goal, some camera men must be drunk or on drugs as anybody with half a brain and 2 eyes can see that we need to see a larger share of the pitch.

I miss not seeing things off the ball, I miss the scoreline, I do not miss the commentary at all, I, like Rob miss a replay! but thats only because it feels like watching Sky TV.

The way they don't show some games is pathetic, contractual rights etc etc, the way they don't turn the games on at times until 1 minute before KO, they way the games often stop mid flow and then carry on can be frustrating.

But for me the benefits of living many many miles away and still watching games makes up for that, even if the games are shit to watch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 09:54:38 »

at least the Ifollow timeline marks the key action like goals and cards. gives you opportunity to go back at half time and replay them yourself. or just wait for it to appear on Twitter Smiley

I get not having the commentary is not a problem in some respects. not like you listen to it when at a game. But it would be nice to have the option. I guess they can't be arsed with the overhead to synch it with video, but I don't get the point of not allowing a user two streams (video and audio) and allowing a user to do it themselves if they wish.

not sure why two browsers doesn't work for me... well I've got a couple of ideas but no solution to them..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 10:11:55 »

I always watch in Firefox with no problems, I have used the Edge too and that works fine as well, never used Chrome.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 10:26:05 »

I always watch in Firefox with no problems, I have used the Edge too and that works fine as well, never used Chrome.

To be clear, I mean watch in one window and have the commentary in another.

Just watching works just fine
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 10:31:58 »

I have used the Edge too and that works fine as well

What does Bono think to that?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 10:47:46 »

To be clear, I mean watch in one window and have the commentary in another.

Just watching works just fine
Ah sorry, it used to work until the EFL Trophy freebie with FGR since then I have not been able to listen, it was a pain in the arse matching commentary to video anyway, I don't miss the commentary at all.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 10:49:14 »

What does Bono think to that?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 11:19:41 »

supersam

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 15:36:34 »

Like most of you have said, I think it's an OK service, it's offering something ex-pats have never had before so I was excited at the start of the season.
Once they dropped the choice of being able to have commentary and video in 2 tabs it reduced the value for me, not that I did that every game. What annoyed me is that I emailed their support just to find out the reasoning behind it (as I couldn't really understand what issue they were trying to solve, other than maybe slightly more bandwidth being used) and I got a near enough response of "that's how it's designed to work, use it or lose it".
Added to the fact in the US, you can stream premiership football with commentary, replays, score for $49 a year it makes $140 seem very steep for one team in L2 for just some shaky video only. As I write this, my stream for the game has crashed!  Angry
Obviously different markets but I'm expecting the price to go up next year and because they're the only game in town, I'm probably going to have to renew, reluctantly..... Crying  /end of rant

Thanks for the feedback! I'm calling in to their support management team this week to see what if I can find out what their plans are for future seasons and to bitch about their support so it's good to have some other subscriber's views!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 15:57:18 »

It's been having a shocker for me today.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 17:05:11 »

It's been having a shocker for me today.
My stream was one of the better ones today TBH.

china red

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 17:43:56 »

Mine was dreadful too
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: