Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comedy Corner  (Read 46859 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 07:13:31 »

ditto

Same.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 09:40:09 »

ditto
Who Stewart Lee? I wasn't a fan until I saw him live in Chippenham, he was one of the best stand ups I have seen, and I have seen a lot, very intelligent humour too, not like his TV stuff which is dull to say the least.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 17:28:10 »

I have seen Gary probably 15 times in total, hes well worth it, his support act, Steve Day is a mate of mine too, hes a deaf comedian and certainly not a one liner.

Nice little venue been there a fair few times.
I actually laughed at that
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 17:52:21 »

Who Stewart Lee? I wasn't a fan until I saw him live in Chippenham, he was one of the best stand ups I have seen, and I have seen a lot, very intelligent humour too, not like his TV stuff which is dull to say the least.

This. He's cracking live.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 19:50:38 »

Bo Burnham - Inside, has to be the single most brilliant piece of pandemic inspired art I've seen. Some of it is a little daft, but I even enjoyed those bits.

Looking forward to going out to something again soon, my last show having been Mark Thomas just before the first lockdown. I had tickets for Rob Newman, twice cancelled, and now not showing in Bath on the new dates.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:45:04 »

Mark Thomas at the Bloomsbury Theatre tonight.
Only downside might be being surrounded by students as it's a UCL run venue I believe.
No matter,  looking forward to it.

Passing the time on an ale trail until then.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:23:55 »

two comedy gigs in two nights ..

Jonathan Pie - thought he was excellent, though you should watch some of his clips to make sure before you go....I mean, you might be too Tory to find it funny

Henning Wern - who I generally like but thought this was one of his weaker gigs. Also is his own warm up act, which is fine but goes over stuff from his his last tour...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #112 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 12:35:32 »

two comedy gigs in two nights ..

Jonathan Pie - thought he was excellent, though you should watch some of his clips to make sure before you go....I mean, you might be too Tory to find it funny

Henning Wern - who I generally like but thought this was one of his weaker gigs. Also is his own warm up act, which is fine but goes over stuff from his his last tour...
Pie, I have heard of on the circuit but never seen yet, Wehn though I don't find overly funny, he has the occassional pun based upon his German ancestry. I dont hate him but I personally dont find him very funny.

One I can highly recommend is Jimeoin who doesnt tour the UK as much as he should, one of THE best standup I have seen (4 times so far) he is coming to the Wyvenr on 19th Feb next year, very very funny if a little silly at times. If you haven't seen his live show have a look on Youtube for a laugh.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 15:19:02 »

You realise some accuse him of being a right-wing stooge?  Soapy Tit Wank I thought his brexit analysis in the last show was the best I've heard, basically "If you voted remain you're an idiot, if you voted leave you're an idiot, and if you didn't vote, why not you lazy idiot?" I would have liked to have seen him this time but was too late to try and organise.

Mark Thomas at the Bloomsbury Theatre tonight.
Only downside might be being surrounded by students as it's a UCL run venue I believe.
No matter,  looking forward to it.

Let us know how it is, Bob. I've seen him four times, and each show I've enjoyed a little bit less. Not that any of them have been bad, the first two I saw were superb.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 15:38:35 »

We go to the local comedy club, it’s on most months, usually get a really good mix.

The odd thing was one of the acts from last month is on Richard Osman’s House of Games this week (Joanne McNally).

We’ve also booked to see Ivo Graham (hopefully) when we’re in London in December for a weekend in December
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 20:53:53 »

Went to see Jonathan Pie in Bath a few weeks back. His stage show worked better than I expected it would.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 22, 2021, 21:35:07 »

Quote from: Simon Pieman
Went to see Jonathan Pie in Bath a few weeks back. His stage show worked better than I expected it would.

I liked the reason he got 'sacked' too.

no spoilers
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 09:33:23 »

Ivo Graham at the Arts Centre very decent gig. Told him as much when seeing him at the Sutton game. Seems a good bloke 👍
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 09:35:09 »

Let us know how it is, Bob. I've seen him four times, and each show I've enjoyed a little bit less. Not that any of them have been bad, the first two I saw were superb.

It was very good. He made us laugh, a lot, so job done.
The Boris Johnson section had me in tears.
We only got about 10 (not 50) Things About Us in the end as he focussed more on the looking after his mum during the lockdowns and the Tories of course.
Oh and Labour are shit as well.
More enjoyable than "Showtime from the Frontline" which was still good.
Will try and see him again on the next tour whenever that will be.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 10:49:26 »

It was very good. He made us laugh, a lot, so job done.
The Boris Johnson section had me in tears.
We only got about 10 (not 50) Things About Us in the end as he focussed more on the looking after his mum during the lockdowns and the Tories of course.
Oh and Labour are shit as well.
More enjoyable than "Showtime from the Frontline" which was still good.
Will try and see him again on the next tour whenever that will be.

Thank, Bob. I've just realised this is the same tour that I saw the start of in March 2020. It seemed more like a 90 minute rant than the exploration of our national identity that I was expecting, not that I could disagree with a lot of it.

His show about walking the Israeli/Palestinian 'peace' wall (plus accompanying book) was superb. As Used On The Famous Nelson Mandela was also a brilliant expose about our international arms trade, and The People's Manifesto is good for a laugh  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: