Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For people who thought we played well today.....  (Read 22921 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 20:46:24 »

All regs work. I'm just an early adopter.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 20:58:02 »

Although it was two points dropped I was far happier with the overall performance than the dire games witnessed recently. Apart from our finishing, which was diabolical, the overall performance against a side who have turned the corner recently was
far better balanced having Ince in the side and the Obika/Ajose partnership will come good of that I am sure. Not so sure about playing both Barry and BOO from the start when they have both been missing for weeks and this points to the problems we have seen all season from Williams team selections. Feel there is something to build on at last.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 21:10:29 »

Yes we did play well and evidenced by the reception at the end.

Didn't have a problem with the subs either if end result helps both to play injure free for rest of the season.

Have a feeling that this will go to final game.

We can do this.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 21:18:50 »

The performance is a positive step even if the result wasn't what we needed. Hopefully they can build on this and get 3 points in the next game.

We need to support the players on the pitch if we are going to have any chance whatsoever.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 23:09:39 »

First half - yes played very well and created a number of good chances.
Half time - Williams does his usual motivational team talk
Second half - We don't turn up and the less said about the substitutions the better.

People will do well to remember it was Oldham we were playing for fuck sake. If the crowd were satisfied with a 0-0 draw with them after such a shit second half then we really are doomed as a club
2nd half Oldham stick a man on Ince.

People are happy with the performance, the effort and determination on display from start to finish, not the result.

Ince and Obika - both played bugger all football this year and Brophy is known for having breathing difficulties.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 01:25:43 »

good effort today, you could see how upset they were that we didn't win, subs were fine. If you don't like it, don't go, easy innit?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 01:49:51 »

All you can ask is the players try their hardest. In previous matches it has appeared that they haven't.

It sounds like today we upped the effort and the fans responded. It's a good start, hopefully I'll see a similar effort at the Ricoh next week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 07:04:13 »

First half - yes played very well and created a number of good chances.
Half time - Williams does his usual motivational team talk
Second half - We don't turn up and the less said about the substitutions the better.

People will do well to remember it was Oldham we were playing for fuck sake. If the crowd were satisfied with a 0-0 draw with them after such a shit second half then we really are doomed as a club
We all know we played Oldham. We also know how poor we have been playing.

For weeks (even months) people have moaning about the lack of effort. Now we put in the effort you are still complaining.

No doubt if we won 1-0 you would have complained about not scoring enough.

Sent from my SM-G935F
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 08:54:41 »

Compared to most of this season yesterday was a good performance, if not a good result. Ince looks like the type of player everyone (apart from Power, Williams and Tactics Tim) has been crying out for.

I doubt we'll stay up and look to be one of the favourites now for relegation, but there's still a lot of points to play for and until it's mathematically impossible there's still hope. Faint, but still there....

It's All Good..............
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 09:18:18 »

I had all but given up and now I'm pretty pissed off at myself for thinking that way. It's the middle of February and there's only 4 points in it.
I've been going to every game hoping that this is the one where we start to turn it around, I hope yesterday was it. I have to believe it was otherwise what's the point in turning up every week?

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 20:48:22 »

Nine points from the next 3 games would change the complexion a little.
Seven points from the next 3 games would give us a chance.
5 points from the next 3 games would result in us needing a lot of favours from others
3 points or less from the next 3 games and we're doomed.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 21:13:38 »

Interesting age distribution chart in league 1 teams posted on the FB site.

Not anything we didn't know, but its a good comparison with other teams..

* agedistrojpg.jpg (104.69 KB, 960x960 - viewed 696 times.)
Barry Scott

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 22:58:59 »

And ours looks like a little red bird.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, February 20, 2017, 17:40:41 »

Interesting age distribution chart in league 1 teams posted on the FB site.

Not anything we didn't know, but its a good comparison with other teams..
Interesting to see those Stats, Batch

The bottom 3 in the League happen to have the youngest, 2nd youngest and 5th youngest squads and (subject to the cases of Posh and Pox) that does indicate for me that there may be certain risk factors associated with squads well below the average age of a little over 26.

That is not to say that the older the average age of squad the more successful, otherwise some of us on here might do better than the present squad, with Reg replacing Nathan as skipper.

Come to think of it......
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, February 20, 2017, 17:54:11 »

yeah, it's just massively more risky IMO.

not really a rocket science statement. Spending more money on proven quality derisks things. proven players are generally older than 23.

that's not too say there are any guarantees either way. I just know which approach is more likely to take us to oblivion...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: