Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For people who thought we played well today.....  (Read 22923 times)
1989Monkey

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 17:17:56 »

First half - yes played very well and created a number of good chances.
Half time - Williams does his usual motivational team talk
Second half - We don't turn up and the less said about the substitutions the better.

People will do well to remember it was Oldham we were playing for fuck sake. If the crowd were satisfied with a 0-0 draw with them after such a shit second half then we really are doomed as a club
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 17:35:21 »

First half - yes played very well and created a number of good chances.
Half time - Williams does his usual motivational team talk
Second half - We don't turn up and the less said about the substitutions the better.

People will do well to remember it was Oldham we were playing for fuck sake. If the crowd were satisfied with a 0-0 draw with them after such a shit second half then we really are doomed as a club
Wouldn't argue with that!!   Williams team talks must be even more boring than what he says on the radio!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 17:44:59 »

Oldham have won 3 of their last 4 league games, before today...

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 17:46:52 »

Yeah an in form Oldham who looked happy to take a point and mostly relied on a longer ball to their strong front men. And it worked. I'd be delighted with that and the run they're on.

2 points dropped.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 17:48:44 »

When you've been a desperately poor as we have recently, then you have to regard a point as a positive. It also banished the most defeats in a row prospect.  Still on for the lowest ever leading goalscorer for a season and no player scoring at least a brace. I'd hazard a guess that this might be the least goals we've ever scored after 33 games in Div 3.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 17:52:13 »

A point at home to Oldham is a positive result?! Fuck me some of our fans are happy to accept and actually applaud this. How bad have things got for this to be a positive result!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 18:04:10 »

A point at home to Oldham is a positive result?! Fuck me some of our fans are happy to accept and actually applaud this. How bad have things got for this to be a positive result!
Things have got very fucking bad, haven't you been paying attention?

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 18:06:36 »

Its a positive step in comparison with recent dogshit.

We all know its too, little too late. Resigned to relegation. Was after Bury and Nothampton.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 18:17:04 »

Two more of them and that will equal a win #davidbrentwilliams
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 18:19:31 »

Im resigned to relegation too which is why it is so much more frustrating that some people are happy to accept this 'positive' result. God help us if Forest Green get promoted and were all happy with a 0-0 with them
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 18:31:22 »

I'm not sure if you realise, but this season we're looking at historic levels of ineptitude. We've been in Div 3 for 66 seasons, this one rivals 55/56....generally regarded as perhaps our worst ever season....having to apply for re-election. 

That season after 33 games we'd only scored 27 goals, which is the only season worse than this.  10/11 might be regarded as more disappointing, but we had some decent players, just not playing.....nevertheless they'd scored 40 odd by 33 games.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 18:58:13 »

A really positive display today. Ince was outstanding, overall some very good crisp passing, just couldn't score. Gave me some hope for the remaining games though. Realise we look favourites for the drop but won't lose hope just yet as today was much better. Need positive results in the next 3 games though.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 19:04:49 »

Port Vale and Gillingham have gone to bollocks. Chesterfield and Cov will be down there.  Bury and Oldham could go either way. Means nothing unless we start winning of course but we're not certs for the drop just yet.
Trying to keep the faith but admittedly it's looking more inevitable by the week.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 19:20:21 »

Need positive results in the next 3 games though.
Oh but today was a positive result - it's a third of a win, don't you know? #theanaesthetist
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 19:22:12 »

I thought we played well cos we did. Excuse me for that revelation.

Yes, it might not have been for 90 minutes and yes we missed so many chances, but what a lot of people have been clamouring for lately seems to be some form of effort/attacking intent and we saw that today. We are hardly likely to start playing like the best team in the division now, are we?

Oh, and anyone who boos their own team during the game is a prick anyway.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: