Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon -v- Oldham - A Chance to make a few quid ??  (Read 3609 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 17:16:30 »

I know its a bit early to be talking about tomorrows football but just been on the Bet 365 website and notice they are offering 5/1 for a goal in the first 10 minutes. Now we all know we're going to come out all guns blazing so surely this has to be a cracking price.
If however the normal Swindon team turn up then surely even Oldham can put one past us in less than 10 minutes with our defence ??.
Hoping for a win - this really is 'last chance saloon'  but got a gut feeling for 0-2 with fans protests at a new level, Hope I'm wrong...........
« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2017, 17:21:41 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 17:17:32 »

Bearing in mind the players are mentally shot when we take the lead and mentally go to pieces when we go behind I think a 0-0 is the best we can hope for tomorrow.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 17:19:27 »

Bearing in mind the players are mentally shot when we take the lead and mentally go to pieces when we go behind I think a 0-0 is the best we can hope for tomorrow.
Earlier in the season we would probably have taken that, but..........

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
REDBUCK

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 17:37:40 »

A rugged team schooled by a player whose played at top level against a lightweight team schooled by a new age coach.

What can possibly go wrong.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 19:22:04 »

Then they'd struggle with the mental reality of having to keep things level. Or the gaping chasm of a clean sheet. Or some other bullshit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 19:32:32 »

Well, Williams is right, we look better when we attack. Not sure its a master plan that will catch Oldham by surprise.

It was pointed out the other day we haven't won at home since v Bradford at the end of November. Surely we are due one. Surely there is one win in us.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 19:43:40 »

Well, Williams is right, we look better when we attack. Not sure its a master plan that will catch Oldham by surprise.

It was pointed out the other day we haven't won at home since v Bradford at the end of November. Surely we are due one. Surely there is one win in us.
I'm due a win on the lottery...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 20:34:51 »

Usually when you get on slide like us, you do win a game or 2, but they're usually v mid table teams towards the end when it makes no great difference.  It's losing the key games that screws you. We've shown a complete inability to win key games all season which is why we're going down.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 20:53:52 »

Usually when you get on slide like us, you do win a game or 2, but they're usually v mid table teams towards the end when it makes no great difference.  It's losing the key games that screws you. We've shown a complete inability to win key games all season which is why we're going down.
You're right. But I'd love for you to be proved wrong. Wouldn't it be great for Williams to emerge into Supercoach, the team to grow some balls, the system to work, and tomorrow be the start of the recovery that results in Div 3 derbies with Pox and Rovers next season?

La la la...
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 21:32:11 »

The 14 games without a win of the 2010/11 side and finishing on 41 points, below Plymouth who had 10 points deducted, could be under challenge. We have been stuck on 29 points for 5 games now and those 10 point barriers 30, 40 points are crucial.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 21:40:44 »

The 14 games without a win of the 2010/11 side and finishing on 41 points, below Plymouth who had 10 points deducted, could be under challenge. We have been stuck on 29 points for 5 games now and those 10 point barriers 30, 40 points are crucial.

The 10/11 side had more points after 32 games. A key game, was v Posh we needed to back up the win at Bolton, even a point would have been useful at that stage, taking us to 30. Posh were average at best, shown by getting thrashed by Bury and losing to Oldham. Don't think we even managed a shot on target.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 21:59:14 »

For comparison, the 1999/2000 relegation side from the 2nd tier under Quinny finished on 36 points and Iffy's side of 2005/6 made a fist of it finishing on 48 points after the draw at Ashton Gate

Sent from my HTC One M9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: