Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC transfer rumours thread  (Read 182648 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 13:40:23 »

Last time I saw Gibson he had piled on the weight..  Didn't he get into some bother at Everton? and get sacked/released or something because of it?  Or it might have been drink driving or something..  i am sure he was in the papers for the wrong reasons at some point

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 13:44:31 »

Last time I saw Gibson he had piled on the weight..  Didn't he get into some bother at Everton? and get sacked/released or something because of it?  Or it might have been drink driving or something..  i am sure he was in the papers for the wrong reasons at some point

It was drink driving, talk of him going down as second time in 3 years he got caught.

Apols for the Scum link https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9193386/darron-gibson-drink-driving-crash-community-service/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:49:19 »

Not sure whether this is wrong or right, but Borussia Dortmund apparently agreed to pay Birmingham £30m for the 16 year old Jude Bellingham (I assume this is going to be split over all manner of stage payments, performance related etc?).

Seems more and more young players choosing Germany as a better option than the PL.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:22:20 »

Not sure whether this is wrong or right, but Borussia Dortmund apparently agreed to pay Birmingham £30m for the 16 year old Jude Bellingham (I assume this is going to be split over all manner of stage payments, performance related etc?).

Seems more and more young players choosing Germany as a better option than the PL.
Because they can get game time and are given time to develop without the ridiculous over hyping we have in this country. Sensible move. He was linked to Man Utd in Jan, with talk of a loan back to Brum, presume that fizzled out.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 08:24:56 »

Not exactly appropriate for the thread but not worthy of it's own..

https://news.sky.com/story/patrick-mahomes-kansas-city-chiefs-quarterback-becomes-first-half-billion-dollar-player-12022763

Patrick Mahomes signs a 10 YEAR deal at Kansas City Chiefs for Half a Billion dollars - Mental, a little under $1m a week for 10 years.  Around $430m is guaranteed  Eek

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 08:27:34 »

Great deal for both parties so long as the cap doesn't come down. He'll be underpaid in 2-3 years.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 09:41:48 »

Not if Pandemics become the norm he won't..

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 09:43:11 »

Or his leg falls apart

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 11:25:07 »

Or his leg falls apart

$140m injury guarantee covered by insurance.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 12:31:15 »

Ooof nice work if you can get it.

I think I heard his contract is linked to the cap too?? Protects him if it increases and the chiefs if it decreases (must be a decent chance of that happening with everything else that’s going on)

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 15:45:38 »

Ooof nice work if you can get it.

I think I heard his contract is linked to the cap too?? Protects him if it increases and the chiefs if it decreases (must be a decent chance of that happening with everything else that’s going on)

Apparently not linked to the cap.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 16:19:09 »

No one needs that amount of money. Especially a sportsperson. Tell me, what the highest amount a Brain, Heart or Spinal Surgeon (even a private one) is on?

We aspire to be the wrong people and such their inflationary wage keeps on inflating. I'm not blaming the individual but society and media is the reasons Doctors are paid so much less than most sports stars and "celebrities".

Sorry, fucks me right off. Another thing wrong with our selfish species.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 16:26:22 »

No one needs that amount of money. Especially a sportsperson. Tell me, what the highest amount a Brain, Heart or Spinal Surgeon (even a private one) is on?

We aspire to be the wrong people and such their inflationary wage keeps on inflating. I'm not blaming the individual but society and media is the reasons Doctors are paid so much less than most sports stars and "celebrities".

Sorry, fucks me right off. Another thing wrong with our selfish species.

I have always thought similar, particularly NHS staff who are criminally underpaid.

I work in the Finance sector and some of the wages people are earning is absolutely prepostorous based on the 'importance' of what they do, when nurses working 12-16 hour days consistently earn very poorly.

Sadly I can't see society changing anytime soon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 16:33:45 »

It will only go one way BO, unfortunately. We are ultimately a self destructive species though. If we don't destroy ourselves then we will (are) destroy(ing) the planet.

No wonder some are so keen to colonise the Moon and then eventually Mars. Research aside, others will leave Earth when it's raped and fucked beyond recognition. There seems to be no lessons being learnt, just a solution of "let's find another planet/Moon we can colonise and mine the fuck out of" and so the cycle continues. Bet the flora and fauna can't wait for us to finally disperse.

There are some good humans though  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 10:00:46 »

Yaya Toure training at Orient this morning. WTAF?

https://twitter.com/leytonorientfc/status/1286598032830734339

(NB Might not be signing, may just be for fitness but even so)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 49   Go Up
Print
Jump to: