Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172081 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 21:20:12 »

Almost a week past and no Bamboo review. Disappointing.

For anyone who still reads this thread. A 2nd spin off started last week The Walking Dead: World Beyond. Without going into it too much it focuses around a more established world in the present day and follows a group of teenagers/young adults on their adventures outside their gates into the "World Beyond"
2 episodes in and im not convinced to be honest. Appreciate there needs to be back story etc, but just haven't been drawn in.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 19:53:55 »

I assume that is on AMC channel wise?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 19:57:39 »

Almost a week past and no Bamboo review. Disappointing.

For anyone who still reads this thread. A 2nd spin off started last week The Walking Dead: World Beyond. Without going into it too much it focuses around a more established world in the present day and follows a group of teenagers/young adults on their adventures outside their gates into the "World Beyond"
2 episodes in and im not convinced to be honest. Appreciate there needs to be back story etc, but just haven't been drawn in.
Watched the first in this series too and think it was underwhelming at best.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 08:16:21 »

I assume that is on AMC channel wise?
Its available on Amazon Prime. That's where I've been watching it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 09:09:54 »

Its available on Amazon Prime. That's where I've been watching it.

Ah cheers, i'll take a look, although I am not sure I have the motivation to get into another version tbh.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 09:16:51 »

Ah cheers, i'll take a look, although I am not sure I have the motivation to get into another version tbh.
Yeah, i feel the same. I never bothered with Fear the Walking Dead either.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 10:20:44 »

Fear the walking dead isn’t too bad. Definitely better than the newer spin off. I have watched maybe 2 series of FTWD and it’s slower than the original show and the walkers seem far more difficult to kill..maybe because it’s earlier in the pandemic and they are less crumbly and rotten?!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Thursday, October 29, 2020, 20:05:13 »

I started watching this for the first time over the weekend, I’m now on to series 3!
First time I have ever opened this thread so will make sure not to read through it!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 02:17:57 »

****Written with no spoilers so if you can be arsed, you have piece of mind Quagmire****

Hope you're enjoying it so far Quaggy? You're kinda getting into some of the best continued episodes of TWD (in S3/S4/S5) right now, in my opinion.

One of the better dynamics for me in TWD is that although the Zombie/Walker kills are great and needed, they don't become as relevant as the show evolves. The humans become the main threats to one another. The walkers are just annoying (irritants for the survivors) but the SFX and ideas used by Greg Nicotero are incredible. How he and many of his team continue to come up with different ideas is brilliant; I'm a huge fan.

Chubbs - sorry man. I've been away and incredibly busy with life and thangs. Other than the quick occasional chirp on the TEF, so haven't had time to concentrate on a full review but things are settling a little again so I will try and bang one out over the weekend.

Hunk - There are several tunes and covers on the TWD Soundtrack that are pretty awesome. Check out Bad Moon Rising by Mourning Rituals (fantastic CCR cover), really fits the feel for TWD.

Molepar - Haven't watched TWD:WB as of yet but I know the story is integral to the whole TWD Universe. I probably won't be convinced either myself but I know I'll watch it as several on here will have identified that I am a complete TWD nerd. I'll want to look for clues, pointers etc for the main show. Plus it may throw us some Easter eggs or answers too. Yep FTWD is a slow burner in the first couple of seasons yet I think it was only commissioned for two seasons initially. Frank Delaney opens that pilot episode so well. It's developed nicely and yet to some it's just become TWD lite but I really like how certain characters have evolved; those who have joined it in later seasons compliment it too.

I'm quite excited for how all three tie together and we migrate into the feature length movies.

I'm out for now, just used a quick hour in the early hours (insomnia, my only current lover) to write this. Chubbs, I'll defo get round to writing my review of the S10 Finale: A Certain Doom but it was definitely eye pokingly good!

Cheers,
Bambi
Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 15:54:26 »

****Written with no spoilers so if you can be arsed, you have piece of mind Quagmire****

Hope you're enjoying it so far Quaggy? You're kinda getting into some of the best continued episodes of TWD (in S3/S4/S5) right now, in my opinion.

One of the better dynamics for me in TWD is that although the Zombie/Walker kills are great and needed, they don't become as relevant as the show evolves. The humans become the main threats to one another. The walkers are just annoying (irritants for the survivors) but the SFX and ideas used by Greg Nicotero are incredible. How he and many of his team continue to come up with different ideas is brilliant; I'm a huge fan.

Chubbs - sorry man. I've been away and incredibly busy with life and thangs. Other than the quick occasional chirp on the TEF, so haven't had time to concentrate on a full review but things are settling a little again so I will try and bang one out over the weekend.

Hunk - There are several tunes and covers on the TWD Soundtrack that are pretty awesome. Check out Bad Moon Rising by Mourning Rituals (fantastic CCR cover), really fits the feel for TWD.

Molepar - Haven't watched TWD:WB as of yet but I know the story is integral to the whole TWD Universe. I probably won't be convinced either myself but I know I'll watch it as several on here will have identified that I am a complete TWD nerd. I'll want to look for clues, pointers etc for the main show. Plus it may throw us some Easter eggs or answers too. Yep FTWD is a slow burner in the first couple of seasons yet I think it was only commissioned for two seasons initially. Frank Delaney opens that pilot episode so well. It's developed nicely and yet to some it's just become TWD lite but I really like how certain characters have evolved; those who have joined it in later seasons compliment it too.

I'm quite excited for how all three tie together and we migrate into the feature length movies.

I'm out for now, just used a quick hour in the early hours (insomnia, my only current lover) to write this. Chubbs, I'll defo get round to writing my review of the S10 Finale: A Certain Doom but it was definitely eye pokingly good!

Cheers,
Bambi
Smiley

I'm over it Bamboo. :-)
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 17:29:19 »

I'm over it Bamboo. :-)

You talk dead to me  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 22:02:28 »

Will be writing a review of both the TWD S10 Finale: A Certain Doom & S1 Premiere TWD: World Beyond as a form of x-over mash up tonight.  I am just about to rewatch both back to back and then will get started.

Those who haven't watched yet will eventually know what I mean and Chubbs (I think) has already touched on the "Star Wars" element Hmmm

Okay. Catch you in a bit.

Cheers,
Bamboo Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 10:35:58 »

Not reading back the thread. After losing a bit of interest at the mid-season break of season 9 (went to go back to it but the Sky box failed to record episode 9 so couldn't really re-start it). Discovered season 9 on Prime so finished it now (annoyingly 10 costs, and the Sky box has recorded all but episode 2 and 16 of season 10).

I've quite enjoyed the addition of the Whisperers - I know it's a tad formulaic as the show lurches from one set of baddies to another but they keep the ideas fairly fresh. The heads on sticks episode got me - seeing Henry up there after all the trouble he went to for Lydia & the impact on Carol. Awful to lose Tara that way too. I sort of have trouble with the idea that they were all kidnapped with weapons, fought their way out of the initial guards but all still ended up decapitated.

Got to get onto season 10 now somehow!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 18:54:57 »

I've quite enjoyed the addition of the Whisperers - I know it's a tad formulaic as the show lurches from one set of baddies to another but they keep the ideas fairly fresh. The heads on sticks episode got me - seeing Henry up there after all the trouble he went to for Lydia & the impact on Carol. Awful to lose Tara that way too. I sort of have trouble with the idea that they were all kidnapped with weapons, fought their way out of the initial guards but all still ended up decapitated.

Got to get onto season 10 now somehow!

I liked the showrunner change to Angela Kang, she really made us have feeling for several characters again. Your mini assessment above is testament to this. I think the theory is they were duped into that storage area/barn and with the insecurity of seeming safe and the enjoyment of the Community Fayre, they just didn't expect any form of attack from within.

Loved the moment Alpha sits next to Lydia (and how Alpha disguised herself) in the cinema that was quite simply one of the most creepiest moments of that episode (no that season). To have your biggest nightmare and subsequently your own Mother come sit next to you. Simple but effective story writing. I also enjoyed the Dante arc and really didn't clock that until about an episode before. The reveal episode itself though was incredibly tense and kept you guessing as to how it would turn out.

I also know someone who has a link to enable you to watch all of S10, if interested.

'Incessant Nonsense'

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 20:56:44 »

I liked the showrunner change to Angela Kang, she really made us have feeling for several characters again. Your mini assessment above is testament to this. I think the theory is they were duped into that storage area/barn and with the insecurity of seeming safe and the enjoyment of the Community Fayre, they just didn't expect any form of attack from within.

Loved the moment Alpha sits next to Lydia (and how Alpha disguised herself) in the cinema that was quite simply one of the most creepiest moments of that episode (no that season). To have your biggest nightmare and subsequently your own Mother come sit next to you. Simple but effective story writing. I also enjoyed the Dante arc and really didn't clock that until about an episode before. The reveal episode itself though was incredibly tense and kept you guessing as to how it would turn out.

I also know someone who has a link to enable you to watch all of S10, if interested.

Appreciated, I have managed to locate the episode I was missing.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: