Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172065 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 15:16:27 »

And so it returns. Been saying for a long time that Carol needs to go and this episode just emphasized that.
Decent episode all round i though, although the Negan/Alpha scene was...um.....lets say, interesting.

Carol is basically S7 Coral, S8 Henry, S9 Michonne blended into one. I hope they aren't writing the actor out because she is very good. Seems like they might be making the character a shitter to force her out. Dunno why but yes, Carol you nob!

Agree though the rest was pretty good and Negan/Alpha thing I had heard of but wasn't sure if they would air it. I'm glad they did. Puts some twist to the phrase "You can leave your hat on". Whatever floats your boat in the post apocalyptic world but did not surprise me from both characters. Negan definitely has her where he wants her now though.

Disgustingly dark and but for Carol it was fairly edgy too. I know we knew they would likely escape but a few close calls and cliffhangers. I really thought Jerry was a gonner! The other two...Magna and Connie...I reckon one or both are still alive.

What does this mean for Carol now? Will she go solo again, as Daryl is truly fucked off with her. Maybe she'll crossover briefly into Fear TWD and bump into Morgan/Dwight?

Been saying it for yonks that Eugene & Rosita will end up together. But is more of a side story. I want more on the comms from the wider world. Maggie is due back and Michonne will depart so maybe those three factors will combine and open up a wider world. Plus there is "Georgie" who we haven't scene since S8b (I think).

There is also a whole new character being introduced too. I think this will tie in with that wider element/arc.

All in all, a decent episode that sets us up nicely for S10b  sorry for the hijack Chubbs Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 15:22:44 »

Had Andrew Lincoln at work last month. Made me want to start watching it, very late but just completed season 1

Met him once. Pretty decent guy. But I'm jealous...what was he doing at your work?

The pilot episode is as good as anything in original horror/drama and you can tell the end of S1 was planned to be just so. S2 is a good link but for me S3 & S4 produced some of the highs. Not then until S7 did they reach similar levels (Negan). Then it stoops and hits lows for writing and imagination. But thankfully picked up again in S8b to date. Not quite had S3/4 highs but some of the Alpha stuff (community fayre) has been wonderfully gruesome and would sit amongst any cult horror.

Glad you're getting into it Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 15:27:30 »

Carol is basically S7 Coral, S8 Henry, S9 Michonne blended into one. I hope they aren't writing the actor out because she is very good. Seems like they might be making the character a shitter to force her out. Dunno why but yes, Carol you nob!

Agree though the rest was pretty good and Negan/Alpha thing I had heard of but wasn't sure if they would air it. I'm glad they did. Puts some twist to the phrase "You can leave your hat on". Whatever floats your boat in the post apocalyptic world but did not surprise me from both characters. Negan definitely has her where he wants her now though.

Disgustingly dark and but for Carol it was fairly edgy too. I know we knew they would likely escape but a few close calls and cliffhangers. I really thought Jerry was a gonner! The other two...Magna and Connie...I reckon one or both are still alive.

What does this mean for Carol now? Will she go solo again, as Daryl is truly fucked off with her. Maybe she'll crossover briefly into Fear TWD and bump into Morgan/Dwight?

Been saying it for yonks that Eugene & Rosita will end up together. But is more of a side story. I want more on the comms from the wider world. Maggie is due back and Michonne will depart so maybe those three factors will combine and open up a wider world. Plus there is "Georgie" who we haven't scene since S8b (I think).

There is also a whole new character being introduced too. I think this will tie in with that wider element/arc.

All in all, a decent episode that sets us up nicely for S10b  sorry for the hijack Chubbs Smiley
No need to apologise mate. I'm not one for write ups as you can tell so you knock yourself out.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 17:05:24 »

Met him once. Pretty decent guy. But I'm jealous...what was he doing at your work?

The pilot episode is as good as anything in original horror/drama and you can tell the end of S1 was planned to be just so. S2 is a good link but for me S3 & S4 produced some of the highs. Not then until S7 did they reach similar levels (Negan). Then it stoops and hits lows for writing and imagination. But thankfully picked up again in S8b to date. Not quite had S3/4 highs but some of the Alpha stuff (community fayre) has been wonderfully gruesome and would sit amongst any cult horror.

Glad you're getting into it Smiley

Archery/Rifle shooting with mates, despite the Metro and other news outlets thinking he was back in "training".
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 17:15:01 »

Archery/Rifle shooting with mates, despite the Metro and other news outlets thinking he was back in "training".

Nice one. Haha maybe production have agreed something with him and told him to get himself up to scratch. He will be filming for the upcoming standalone movies but I've no concrete knowledge on timeframes.

I think we will see him appear in TWD once more at a pivotal point but AMC would be very wise to not reveal this. They can easily film scenes for him to be included in TWD (they may already have done so) again. His exit point still left an entry point. Andrew Lincoln's main reason for leaving was to spend some quality time with his young family. He'll be back. In some capacity.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 09:58:56 »

2 really solid episodes to start the 2nd Half of the season. Really enjoyed both. Won't mention anything about this weeks episode as i'm aware not everyone would have watched it yet.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 14:25:35 »

2 really solid episodes to start the 2nd Half of the season. Really enjoyed both. Won't mention anything about this weeks episode as i'm aware not everyone would have watched it yet.

Watched it last night. Agree really good episode, I felt this one was better and built on from the MSP. I thought even more tense and a few questions but there were some great notable performances from Daryl, Alpha and Gamma. Beta was good too and Lil ass kicker was brilliant. She really lives on the characters of Rick and Coral but in her own way.

Rosita/Gabriel dynamic was quite good. I really hope one day they give us a proper backstory on Gabe because in the deepest parts of his closet, he is certainly no angel and Rosita is realizing this too.

I'll not say anything directly about the episode either but yeah, the show is doing some good stuff. You can tell the difference since Angela Kang came in as Showrunner. A good move all round since S9.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 12:20:59 »

Lil ass kicker makes me feel sick. I hope she dies ASAP
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 13:02:49 »

Lil ass kicker makes me feel sick. I hope she dies ASAP
Yea, i don't like her. Even more annoying than Coral.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 16:21:59 »

I think she's brilliant. How protecting Gamma/Mary and shooting Beta is on Coral levels of annoyance, I'm not really sure. Her story/character proves she's grown up in that world. That's why shit doesn't phase her. Something that took Michonne a while to accept.

She has a track record of saving people but also understanding differences beyond her years. Much better than Coral.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 21:18:46 »

This second half of season 10 is back to its best. 3 decent episodes in a row. Cant remember the last time that happened.

Wont say anything about it until after the weekend though. So many questions though.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 00:56:04 »

This second half of season 10 is back to its best. 3 decent episodes in a row. Cant remember the last time that happened.

Wont say anything about it until after the weekend though. So many questions though.

Are you using the link I gave you? Or another steam? Have to say I keep forgetting as used to always watch around about now or during Sunday's but seems they're getting the early one's ripped from AMC Premium now too. Nice  Grin

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 13:26:48 »

Are you using the link I gave you? Or another steam? Have to say I keep forgetting as used to always watch around about now or during Sunday's but seems they're getting the early one's ripped from AMC Premium now too. Nice  Grin
Yea man, i am. Its usually up and ready early hours of Saturday. I will normaly watch it at some point over the weekend.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 15:30:38 »

Yea man, i am. Its usually up and ready early hours of Saturday. I will normaly watch it at some point over the weekend.

Sweet. Also remember the US has just put their clocks forward I think, so now only 4hrs EST and 7hrs PST time difference for 3 weeks. Means those that stay up to watch it on the standard airing time don't have to stay up so late for a while (I'm talking die hards like me, who then like to watch the Talking Dead straight after too).  On that, it's a lot harder to find TTD than it is TWD.

This link, once the ads have been dealt with I find is pretty great. Basically like an online version of iPTV sans sports.

I'm watching the latest episode in a bit.

Also bit of a long shot. I've never been to a comic con but always loved the whole idea and environment of them, especially when it involves some of your fave shows. I want to go but not on my own (strange, as I do a lot of stuff on my own), so putting it out there. If yourself or anyone on this thread was in a similar predicament and wanted to go - I'd gladly go with a fellow geek. And yes I'm aware it's me and my reputation for talking a lot  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 18:52:00 »

Sweet. Also remember the US has just put their clocks forward I think, so now only 4hrs EST and 7hrs PST time difference for 3 weeks. Means those that stay up to watch it on the standard airing time don't have to stay up so late for a while (I'm talking die hards like me, who then like to watch the Talking Dead straight after too).  On that, it's a lot harder to find TTD than it is TWD.

This link, once the ads have been dealt with I find is pretty great. Basically like an online version of iPTV sans sports.

I'm watching the latest episode in a bit.

Also bit of a long shot. I've never been to a comic con but always loved the whole idea and environment of them, especially when it involves some of your fave shows. I want to go but not on my own (strange, as I do a lot of stuff on my own), so putting it out there. If yourself or anyone on this thread was in a similar predicament and wanted to go - I'd gladly go with a fellow geek. And yes I'm aware it's me and my reputation for talking a lot  Cheesy

You know what, i went to a comicon probably 15+ years ago and loved it. Was my first and last but yeah, depending on date/location/price etc i'd be up for it. If you have your eye on one, let me know and i'll have a gander.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: