Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172074 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 23:19:29 »

Haha, the "batting" pun was totally un-intended.

Not really a spoiler but i was talking to a fried who is behind on the TV show but has finished the comics and when i mentioned we are at the part where Eugene is speaking to someone over the radio his response was simply. "it sounds like they are sticking to some of the comics better story-lines"

Carol is just another Coral and Henry now, doing stupid shit, getting into trouble and putting others in jeopardy.

Ha! No way, I thought it was a very shrewd and intentional pun!

Ahh, yeah it does seem like the main stuff they are sticking to. I mean of course...they should do because otherwise there would be no point in having the source material. I'm quite interested when it comes to the end of that source material - how they develop on from there. Green light granted for S11 to be filmed and that means S12 will be being written or at least brainstormed and I think source material is due to end sometime at S11 MSF. Something bigger is coming (i'm sure those that know the graphic novel stuff will have an idea of what may come) and I hope they follow through with those key parts. However it can always divert - as the show has done but it does seem to come back to the main arcs.

Yeah she is grating a little. It's kind of out of character type of stuff. The trouble with this is maybe the actor has kinda notioned that she's not happy with not being a lead character and possibly wants out or has asked to negotiate more $$$$. I know from previous, like Jesus, you had a good actor with a good character and you feel the show wasn't really doing him justice. When he demanded to be higher up the pecking order, the show basically wrote him out of it. Although it did produce a shock death for one of the more better known characters. If you're going to go out - what a way to go and a great way to introduce the Whisperers at the same time!

It will be a shame if this is a similar scenario with Melissa McBride as we've seen her character develop so much (as Carol) and probably one of the best in that sense. Let's hope not or maybe do something like they did with Morgan and leave it open? Lennie James is a decent actor too and they did similar with Maggie (she is coming back soon which will be interesting). Danai Gurira is leaving though so maybe budget wise that will help negotiate something for McBride but maybe Lauren Cohen (Maggie) will swallow up that budget.

Anyway, yep S10 has been nearly back to the better seasons level of good and is keeping me interested. I still think it's no coincidence that since Angela Kang took over as Show Runner (S9 onwards) that the show has had more depth to the plot and character development. Long may it continue!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 19:23:40 »

I suspect the illness will be linked to water poisoning, caused by gamma deliberately gutting walkers upstream. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 19:27:12 »

is it still a 'good' guys v bad guys cycle? Haven't watched since Rick left and it looked like it was headed that way - which isn't for me
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 19:53:55 »

Pookemon - I think we know that but Chubbs was referencing back to S3/S4 when the Prison had an outbreak of fever. Not everyone who watches will have been on board then but yes the current fever will be related to Gamma poisoning the water source (caught by Aaron, who then gave her a bandage). Although, if they are accurate with certain water diseases, most humans in good health can deal with it and usually end up with a spot of sickness and/or diarrhea. Which is why I said the old girl may die as her health doesn't seem so great. Rosita should just get the shits.

Batch - I think you know there will always be good/bad, dark/light, yin/yang or...balance. But they are exploring more interesting arcs. Chiefly Eugene and his development of further reaching comms. Currently talking to someone over the channels and has sparked intrigue.

At present I'd say Whisperers v Survivors isn't really the focus although Carol is trying her hand at going it alone to bring them down (with Daryl in tow). It's really Whisperers v Negan so the dynamic is Bad v Bad and Negan is one great form. Not in a cringeworthy way either. These parts are really letting JDM shine as Negan. He's got a game plan but cleverly neither the Whisperers, Survivors or the viewers know what it is. Intriguing.

Another mini arc is as referenced above - Gamma and Aaron. It seems there is an unpredictable nature to Gamma (third in command Whisperer) who Aaron has accidentally befriended. We don't know much about her but it seems like Aaron is trying to negotiate/build bridges via her. She seemingly hasn't gone full blown "Buffalo Bill's cousin" so could she be swayed to join the Survivors as an informant or spill the beans to Alpha. At the moment she has only said to Alpha "the man with the metal arm gave it to me", in reference to the bandage for her cut hand.

Personally I think once the Whisperer element is dealt with (I don't think it's all too far away) we'll have a bigger reveal of something much bigger, which will come via Maggie and potentially I would say another timehop. Definitely not so much good v bad but of course that element is within. I think you'll like Alpha and a more rebooted Negan.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 19:58:21 »

thanks bamboo.

maybe I'll dip back in one day
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 20:17:07 »

thanks bamboo.

maybe I'll dip back in one day

Ha! Good man. I know this is coming from a self-confessed TWD fan boy but I would say that since S9B forward, the show really is back to it's better days. The first five episodes of S9, Rick Grimes final episodes were needed to close that particular chapter and to actually stop the show from going stale. Rick leaving has ironically made it better, while leaving us all wondering where he is and if we'll see/hear him again some day (the movies aside). Part of me says we will on the show in the future, even if it is for just 5 seconds in the final ever episode of TWD.

As I say, since then I think you've missed some pretty good developments. I'd say only 2 have been filler and maybe one lame episode (I'm biased remember), even if we were really harsh I'd say no more than 4 could fall into that "meh" category.

Anyway, I've rambled again but look forward to you watching again at some point!

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 02:54:09 »

Well that was beautifully  evil.

Yes, there is the big question of, how. But does it really matter?

Would have been better if we actually saw it happen but ever since the backlash following Glenn meeting Lucile, that were never going to happen, was it.

Well, well, well. What have we here? S10:E7... Take. A. Bow. This was genuinely a great episode. It focused mostly on Sidiq's PTSD and how he's been battling his demons. Really great portrayal in my opinion as he struggles with the day to day.

Ho-hum I can hear all 3/4/5 of you mutter...but tonight had a fantastic twist to it. I don't think many/any of us have even hinted at it but clever from the TWD writers. Very tense in what seems like just a generally good episode throughout. I think it will catch most of you out, until it's staring you in the face. After all the episode is called "Open Your Eyes". What makes it even better is, it isn't even carried by one of the leads. No Negan, No Michonne, No Beta, very little Alpha, Daryl and Carol. It's Sidiq, Gamma and an Unnamed Whisperer who steal the show. The latter two don't even feature to much.

I know I'm bias, as likely the TEF's No1 TWD Fan Boy (read No1 as "only") but this episode really delivered for me personally. I didn't think it would at the start, when I realised it would all be centred on Sidiq but the big reveal was executed brilliantly and as a spoiler, yes Chubbs you kinda get your wish. I'll say no more. A word on Danté too, I wasn't too keen on the other Doc at first - just seemed like another annoying character with too many parts (remember captured Saviour Jared and Tobin - Carol's Alexandria squeeze?) but he's come into his own and compliments Avi Nash (Sidiq) really well. It'll be interesting where they take his arc as there is no secret he is keen to find a lady but is there more they can develop with him? Can't really live off being Doc No.2 for much longer.

Finally (I'll maybe do a write up after the episode has aired on Monday Night), I'm glad they've stayed pretty consistent with the quality of episodes in S10A (bar the one episode which was a bit too melodrama) and this one certainly has ramped up again, in time for the S10 E8 MSF. I almost choked at some of the scenes. There's a beautiful irony or perfectly intentional (I'll let you decide) that this episode was Directed by Michael Cudlitz. Yup, good ole Abraham Ford. Did a cracking job this time around. Not as shocking as those Negan scenes but I think they got the balance right between "no backlash" and "evil enough" to literally open our eyes or maybe quickly shut them again. How it all culminates though is awesome. If you have the link, you should watch it as soon as. Honestly; it was that good.

Ok I'm out but I'll catch up with you all on Monday eve.

Cheers,

Bamboo Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 20:20:20 »

Did any of the regulars watch?

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:48:33 »

Yeah, I did actually. Totally forgot as lots going on at the moment.
Decent episode. I was confused why you’d quoted an old post of mine but that soon made sense.
We much be coming up to MSF soon?

Also I’ve heared that now the graphic novels have finished, the show will come to an end after season 12.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 13:09:29 »

I am still watching, have just been on catch up after going on holiday in October

MSF next week.  Still enjoying it overall..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 23:33:58 »

Yeah, I did actually. Totally forgot as lots going on at the moment.
Decent episode. I was confused why you’d quoted an old post of mine but that soon made sense.
We much be coming up to MSF soon?

Also I’ve heared that now the graphic novels have finished, the show will come to an end after season 12.

Yeah no problem, as is life and all that. Haha, yeah just thought I'd revisit that moment. I liked how they brought that full circle and gave it closure. Very well written.

Yep MSF is this Friday/Saturday morning (Monday for TV viewers here) for me.

Well S11 has green light for filming and S12 will be in writing/creation stages. I had heard personally that S14 would be the final season but that would see it end in 2024. Unless they have a fallow year (like GoT) to allow for the TWD movies (scheduled for 2021/22) I can't see how they would run TWD, FTWD, the new TWD3 series and a TWD Universe Trilogy of movies (the Marvel model) all say in the same year. Surely would affect viewing numbers across FTWD & the new one?

So maybe a fallow year would happen end of S11? Make room to give exposure to the movies. Rick's story is the first and most anticipated, of course. I think Michonne will have one too as we still know very little about her background. A governor one would be good and a standalone Negan one would be great to give Jeffrey Dean Morgan proper licence to explore that character. I would like a Daryl one tbh. I guess they'll play it by ear and see how the Rick one is received (as well as the other two). Then we'd likely get a Marvel style release every year to 18 months for however long people were interested. There's certainly enough cult following to achieve that.

What I'm trying and failing to lead to, is that maybe after a fallow year with the first movie, that we see a return of TWD for S12 and potentially the final season. It would be one way to draw back or attract some more viewers for a final season or seasons. Hopefully if they did this they could somehow make the end in Rick's film, link back in to TWD S12. In my mind this is how Rick will either reappear in TWD, in either S12 as stated or possibly at the end of S11. My theory for S11 would be that it would be giving us a pathway into the movies and what a way to exit for a year! The other one for S12 would be a conclusion from the TWD movie and we start S12 where the movie left off.

It's all just conjecture on my part but I'm quite excited where the unknown and "sourceless" era of TWD will take us. How the writers deliver to us without original content and what arcs they would follow. Interesting times for a show that really has been a huge part of my 20s into 30s. Reflective as to how they will end it all but curious too.

Cheers,

Bamboo! Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Thursday, November 21, 2019, 23:42:44 »

I am still watching, have just been on catch up after going on holiday in October

MSF next week.  Still enjoying it overall..

Oh excellent! All caught up? Edit: I guess you have considering you mention MSF  Cheesy

What did you think to the Siddiq/Danté reveal? I am a little curious as to whether Siddiq may still be around? Just he may have rendered him unconscious? Of course it's a great foil because he can pretend that Siddiq ended it all/lost his mind and he acted in self defence...hmmm.

For me it is a great little plot twist and will be fun to see what answers they come up with in the MSF. Almost needs a double length episode really, especially if this arc is kind of a precursor to Negan's arc. Aka, Negan is a Double Agent (but who for?). So plenty of fun to be had!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Friday, November 22, 2019, 09:09:51 »

Oh excellent! All caught up? Edit: I guess you have considering you mention MSF  Cheesy

What did you think to the Siddiq/Danté reveal? I am a little curious as to whether Siddiq may still be around? Just he may have rendered him unconscious? Of course it's a great foil because he can pretend that Siddiq ended it all/lost his mind and he acted in self defence...hmmm.

For me it is a great little plot twist and will be fun to see what answers they come up with in the MSF. Almost needs a double length episode really, especially if this arc is kind of a precursor to Negan's arc. Aka, Negan is a Double Agent (but who for?). So plenty of fun to be had!

Yep caught up, I thought the reveal was decent and had a feeling that something wasn't right with Dante, too nice.

If you watched TTD last week yo would know the answer to the question as to whether Siddiq is still around, it was in the sneak peak - if not you will find your answer in the MSF.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 12:38:40 »

And so it returns. Been saying for a long time that Carol needs to go and this episode just emphasized that.
Decent episode all round i though, although the Negan/Alpha scene was...um.....lets say, interesting.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 13:00:26 »

Had Andrew Lincoln at work last month. Made me want to start watching it, very late but just completed season 1
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: