Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172021 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 10:20:50 »

I think we're being led to think that after they had beef on the bridge. It could be Daryl taking him out but I don't mean that, I meant the person in the FPV ie 'the cameraman'. Justin spoke to him/her like they were very familiar and not a threat.
I doubt its Darryl, its more than likely one of the 30 saviors that went missing
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 22:20:42 »

I doubt its Darryl, its more than likely one of the 30 saviors that went missing

I know that but then who actually took him out because it seemed to me like as he spoke to "us" he got taken out from the left side (Justin's right) and maybe from distance  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, October 22, 2018, 21:03:38 »

That’s more like it. Starting to hot up.
Ricks days are numbered. Anyone else notice at the end of this episode is said ‘ricks final two episodes’ ?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, October 22, 2018, 21:39:38 »

Yep that was a decent episode and I know I favour the optimistic side of the TWD fence but I enjoyed that. Was more like TWD of old. Not quite there with the best but I love the suspicion surrounding Anne/Jadis and her character has developed brilliantly (at the time I could not stand the terrible Junkyard/Scrapheap people) and her role is starting to make more sense. It' growing with great depth and of course we've thought for some time hat she not only knew of the helicopter but why the helicopter. Her story arc is to me, more compelling than that of Maggie/Rick/Daryl/Negan main.

I'll write something more substantial tomorrow as I'll try and watch again and grab some more out of it. Really good episode and the Season, while started so/so, has kicked it up a gear. It needs to stay at this level and then step up another soon after/mid season. I have a feeling/theory of how it could go up to then but there is plenty of questions too. I think for the first time in a while I can say TWD is kinda back.

Barry Scott, I think you may have enjoyed this episode mate.

Chubbs, no didn't see that but with the way the season is developing we could be concentrating on more important things than Rick's exit. Of course he deserves a good send off but something tells me that with Andrew Lincoln leaving, it's going to be alright. Looking forward to S9:E4 now.

"An A or a B?" In true Reg style... Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, October 22, 2018, 21:42:29 »

best episode in ages. really enjoyed that...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, October 22, 2018, 21:53:33 »

best episode in ages. really enjoyed that...

Definitely felt like an episode of substance and not just filling up time until Rick's exit. As a long term fan (maybe too much) that was as genuine an episode I've seen for a while.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 08:30:15 »

Yep that was a decent episode and I know I favour the optimistic side of the TWD fence but I enjoyed that. Was more like TWD of old. Not quite there with the best but I love the suspicion surrounding Anne/Jadis and her character has developed brilliantly (at the time I could not stand the terrible Junkyard/Scrapheap people) and her role is starting to make more sense. It' growing with great depth and of course we've thought for some time hat she not only knew of the helicopter but why the helicopter. Her story arc is to me, more compelling than that of Maggie/Rick/Daryl/Negan main.

I'll write something more substantial tomorrow as I'll try and watch again and grab some more out of it. Really good episode and the Season, while started so/so, has kicked it up a gear. It needs to stay at this level and then step up another soon after/mid season. I have a feeling/theory of how it could go up to then but there is plenty of questions too. I think for the first time in a while I can say TWD is kinda back.

Barry Scott, I think you may have enjoyed this episode mate.

Chubbs, no didn't see that but with the way the season is developing we could be concentrating on more important things than Rick's exit. Of course he deserves a good send off but something tells me that with Andrew Lincoln leaving, it's going to be alright. Looking forward to S9:E4 now.

"An A or a B?" In true Reg style... Hmmm

I'm really hoping they (whoever they may be) fuck Rick up real good. Like Glenn with lucile good :-)
Will is be Daryl and Maggie? will it be Negan? will it be someone else? I'm really looking forward to it, but i'm worried its going to be an anti climax.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 08:30:30 »

Oh and whats an A or a B?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 10:04:47 »

Did she say she thought he'd be a B.
A - Resistant to joining, taken by force
B - Open to joining, willingly goes

Huh? Just my guess

Oh and I still don't think they'll kill Rick off.
In fact, I reckon he'll escape with Negan and vanish into the night, allowing a return in the future.

No spoilers on that please, I haven't seen anything further on his exit.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 10:55:16 »

She said something like "all this time, I thought you were a ‘B,’"

It must be something to do with trading? The guy on the other end of the radio said he would only accept an A.

Maybe A is someone to be sacrificed and B is to join the new group.

Anne though Gabriel was a B so wanted to take him with her to wherever it was they were going. When he declined she then knocked him out and not is an A which means she will use him as a sacrifice.....maybe. Just my thoughts.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 15:46:06 »

Yep I hear you both. Chubbs with the brutal elimination of Rick theory and Batch with the escape/open ended availability.

I think you're safe Batch as there are tons of theories going around and it could be any of them, one of them or none of them.

FWIW, with the A or B theories...we've of course seen the letter 'A' banded around so many times on TWD. I, at the furthest stretch can remember back to the end of Season 4 and the episode was even called 'A'. It was Rick's group getting locked in a container by the Terminus cannibals. As I say 'A' has appeared many times and I could go through lots of them but you only have to have a little think. A few more after S4 Finale are; Father Gabriel's Church had an A sprayed on it. We have the kid in Alexandria stamping Rick's hand with an A. We saw Daryl wearing the A jumper when he was in the Saviours Cell too. There's loads though.

What does that mean though, I hear you say...well for me 'A' seems like someone of value but won't necessarily conform. We could largely put the main characters from Rick's core group in this (Daryl/Carol/Maggie/Rick). When Jadis captured Rick and put him in the Scrapheap container, it was marked with an A. She clearly has him down as an 'A' and of course the dialogue with Gabriel confirmed she thought he was a 'B'. I think both are tradeable so to speak. My theory hear is that although 'A' seems like a threat to Jadis and whoever her group is, I think they are not too dissimilar. Whereas a 'B' I think is more tradeable in the sense of being willing to go "with her". I think she needs a way out of this part of the world and as others have mentioned before, I think she'd been placed there as some kind of decoy but on the condition she has to bring an 'A' back or sacrifice one. Hmmm...

So that leads me to my own theory on Rick's departure...well two actually.  I don't think Daryl/Maggie will ruthlessly kill Rick and although they are both off to see Negan, I don't think they'll get their chance to finish him either. Now Jadis has called herself 'Anne' and leads me to think, does this bear any relevance to the letter 'A'? I'm not certain but could it be that Anne/Jadis slaughters/sacrifices Rick to ensure her freedom/escape to "wherever it may be"? or could it be that Anne/Jadis trades Rick (as he is deemed an 'A' by Jadis) and he leaves on the helicopter? For one thing that bloody helicopter has to be integral or key to either of those answers.

Purely (for Batch), that is all just a guess on my part and I've gleaned nothing from the GNs/comics to come to those conclusions/theories. One other thing could potentially be...Ok it's "Rick Grimes' Final Episodes" as we all know. Call it a long shot, call it hope, call it whatever but could this mean something else? What the fuck are you going on about you idiot, I hear you howl...however as Batch thinks (and myself to an extent) he won't be killed off. I believe it's going to be the end of Rick Grimes as we know him but maybe he's going to become something else...further down the line or seen in a different way. One thing is for certain, Andrew Lincoln has definitely left his Rick role for now, as he's back in the UK but something nags at me to say that he could come back (unlikely S10. Which is confirmed to film) and I'd say in S11 if that were to happen at all/. Let's not forget, Morgan left several times and came back too. He could easily come back now that his TWD world has crossed over into FTWD world. Maybe it's just denial on my part but I think there could easily be a future for Rick and Andrew Lincoln has done a few other films and/cameos in stuff. I'm sure he'll be looking to take a break and then star as a lead in a film somewhere. After then, like I say...he could come back. What capacity that could be is definitely unknown and even though we know Rick is going, the TWD crew have done a great job of keeping that under wraps as to HOW he goes.

Right I'm done. Didn't even review the episode but I think we have one of the better seasons building on our hands and that must really go down to the direction of new showrunner, Angela Kang. She's added more touches of realism and character depth in these S9 openers than much of S8 did altogether. I hope it continues because I'm glad that we're talking about what could happen on the show, rather than how slow or lost the episode or season had become. Should it have taken the best part of a season to season and half to get back to some good viewing? Absolutely not but we can't do anything about that and we know it's tough to sustain a show over a long period of years, especially something on a cinematic level but let's hope they've learned their lesson and this season really does build to something that get's talked about for a least a month or two after!

Ok, catch ya later! Give me your thoughts on the expanded list  Wink of theories above, as I always enjoy reading your thoughts too. Good, bad or Jadis.

Cheers,

Bamboo!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:30:22 »

Just read back after being away for a few weeks and watched the last 2 episodes together, along withthe talking dead.

Definately confirmed that the next 2 episodes are Rick's last (confirmed in the Talking Dead)

My stand on A and B is:
A = A leader, and person of great use (potentially to help lead the regeneration and rebuilding of mankind?)
B = A Sheep, a follower, and complicite person that will follow orders and help do the manual rebuild.

One last thing that immediately came to mind after the first episode and the new opening credits - does anyone else take my stance that the storyline is very much going down the War of the Worlds route with the birds?  That is the first thing that came to my mind after seeing it, and take note every episode there seems to be a cut scene were a flock of birds (specifically crows) flies up from the trees.  The opening credits seem to suggest that a tree with no leaves bursts into green life when the birds fly up.  I might be wrong, but it seems quite obvious to me..

The new season is refreshing so far, hopefully it continues.  Maggie is definately being setup to be Rick's replacement, and after the mention this week about the record collector and her two twins, along with the return of the helicopter people, I hope it goes more down that route rather than focussing on an "in" war amongst the groups..  I think we have been there too many times.  As a back story fair enough, bit not the main topic, it needs to branch out and focus on the bigger picture.  This would also give them a chance to start linking TWD and FTWD storylines more closely also.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:35:26 »

On your thoughts on Maggie, I think it will be Negan that does that.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:43:54 »

On your thoughts on Maggie, I think it will be Negan that does that.

You could be right, just can't see them ending the series like that, as that is what would happen (unless he changes his bad ass tune.)

Maggie and Daryl would have to be killed off for one.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:57:49 »

the way they said at the end that its time to go and see Negan gave me the impression that they want to use him for something. What? who knows.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: