Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172183 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 21:34:03 »

Season 8 Finale: Wrath:

Not going to put any spoilers on just yet but very interesting, and not how I thought it would go, so you can deduct my musings at least. A few questions answered and some new ones to ask.

Here’s a spoiler for everyone!! THAT WAS FUCKNG SHIT!!

It’s not even worth discussing.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 00:33:22 »

Yawn I actually thought it was pretty good with a twist at the end. Don't think any of us predicted that at all.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 06:47:35 »

You know, I had a small feeling they wouldn’t kill negan off just yet. I didn’t expect it to go the way it did through.
Just a bit annoyed that there was no teaser into next season.

Very dissapointing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 07:55:26 »

The teaser was the (medium term prospect of) Maggie, Jesus and Daryl  versus Rick and Michone.

Found the whole idea of that stupid. A sudden flip based on one of Ricks many stupid nonsensical decisions, itself brought about by Corals letter. The letter he didn't believe in before. Its a bit late for redemption Rick.

It sounds like another dull battle is coming, internal as it may be. I no longer care if Rick or Maggie or Daryl or any of them get walkerfied.

And yesterday's episode as a season finale was poor. Such an anti climax of two series. Yeah Eugene's double cross - you were never sure which way he was playing it... that was good. But really...

And don't get me started on the amount of time we wasted on the utterly pointless oceanside.

I think the TV show has sunk because it is essentially tied to the comics story arch..
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 08:00:15 by Batch » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 08:30:16 »

Jesus too, he goes AWOL for half of the season and then all of a sudden pops back in as if he'd just gone for a leak or something.

As for the Magie/Jesus/Daryl Vs Rick/Michone......its the worse way the story could go. All i got out of that is that we will try to kill negan, i dont think there will be an "all out bore" between the two.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 08:38:53 »

There was also the teaser of the mahoosive hurd that was seen in the distance and the stakes in the ground which I am guessing come from the impending Warriors group (I haven't read the comics but have heard this name numerous times).  I've got to admit, the finale failed to live up to PR expectations, it more spluttered to a somewhat inevitable conclusion..  I was expecting more of a tease about helicopters and the bigger wider world, none of which happened - disappointing on the whole.

I might of missed something, but who was the person that Negan picked up in the car when he returned back to kick Simon's arse?  I was expecting that to be answered, and maybe it was, but if so I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I was hoping for a bit of a nugget to generate my enthusiasm for S9, it didn't come. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 08:56:47 »

did you miss last week's episode Bernie?

I think she (the person picked up) was the 'one that got away' when Dwight double crossed a group of saviours about a million years ago. that's how Negan knew about Dwight.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 09:00:21 »

There was also the teaser of the mahoosive hurd that was seen in the distance and the stakes in the ground which I am guessing come from the impending Warriors group (I haven't read the comics but have heard this name numerous times).  I've got to admit, the finale failed to live up to PR expectations, it more spluttered to a somewhat inevitable conclusion..  I was expecting more of a tease about helicopters and the bigger wider world, none of which happened - disappointing on the whole.

I might of missed something, but who was the person that Negan picked up in the car when he returned back to kick Simon's arse?  I was expecting that to be answered, and maybe it was, but if so I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I was hoping for a bit of a nugget to generate my enthusiasm for S9, it didn't come.  

Remember in the last episode when Dwight walked into his room and that bird was sitting on the seat.
Thats who he picked up. If you go back to the mid season finale when Dwight started gunning down the saviors. She was one that got away.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 09:01:02 »

did you miss last week's episode Bernie?

I think she (the person picked up) was the 'one that got away' when Dwight double crossed a group of saviours about a million years ago. that's how Negan knew about Dwight.

What he said :-) Did you fall asleep watching?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 09:37:53 »

Ha, makes sense now.  I do remember, just didn't register at the time..

Cheers guys

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 13:27:58 »

Now that the initial disappointment has subsided some things just don't add up.....

Eugene: If he has planned to sabotage this thing all along, why didn't he tell Rosita/Daryll when they captured him, instead he risked getting killed

Rick: His change in character from cold blooded killer to mr lets make the world a better place in the space of 2 episodes was too quick

Jesus: From day 1, he's been reluctant to kill anyone. He's the peace bringer and all of a sudden he's in on a plan to kill Negan and possibly others.

Daryl: Within the space of a few minutes he went from sparing Dwight's life, the man who killed Denise to wanting to kill Negan.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 13:45:39 »

Eugene changed his mind after Rosita told him he was a useless sack. At least that's how many interpreted it.

the rest, quite agree.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 06:34:28 »

I should have given up after Series 5, I will now. The last 2 series have been utter shite and the one before it pretty ordinary. There's so much better out there nowadays, less so when it first started.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 15:40:10 »

Now that the initial disappointment has subsided some things just don't add up.....

Eugene: If he has planned to sabotage this thing all along, why didn't he tell Rosita/Daryll when they captured him, instead he risked getting killed

Rick: His change in character from cold blooded killer to mr lets make the world a better place in the space of 2 episodes was too quick

Jesus: From day 1, he's been reluctant to kill anyone. He's the peace bringer and all of a sudden he's in on a plan to kill Negan and possibly others.

Daryl: Within the space of a few minutes he went from sparing Dwight's life, the man who killed Denise to wanting to kill Negan.

While I'll agree with you all, it didn't live up to a "Big Finale". I still thought it was a pretty good episode.

I think the trouble is, and we've all said it before, we didn't want a cliffhanger that we were teased with In S7 (Who does Negan Kill/Negan's Introduction), so really can they win when people complain 'Oh don't leave us hanging you milking teases' or 'Oh come on, you haven't teased us enough'. Fine, have a balance but you can't moan it's too cliffhangery (new word) one minute, then moan it' not enough.

The Finale, they pretty much followed the Negan story to the letter and his impending life sentence. I have no qualms with that at all and it actually surprised me in the finale how they came to that conclusion. When Rick cut his throat they had me H, L, and S that Rick had killed Negan.

With Maggie/Jesus/Daryl, I don't think what we think (or are being made to think) will happen, is going to happen. If you listen to the lines, Maggie doesn't say that she's preparing to take Rick down, she just said 'We have a lot to do, Rick was wrong about Negan. We'll bide our time and we'll show him'. Maggie quite rightly has big beef with Negan and I'd say Daryl feels responsible for Glenn's death. So she's bound to be pissed (well she went through a range of emotion) as it was a genuine opportunity to finally kill Negan and truly end this. As well as being pregnant too. Daryl likely still wants vengeance too as he was tortured by Negan and the responsibility of Glenn too. However Norman Reedus has said pretty much straight after 'I'm not turning against Rick, so y'all chill.'

With Jesus, I think he's just going along with Maggie as some kind of negotiator. Don't' forget he was always a mediator between Hilltop and The Sanctuary, I see him going to talk to Negan when he's in his cell.

In Rick's defence, his character has always struggled with bad guy/good guy. His own battle to lead hs group in S1. His growing anger suspicions with Shane in S2. The internal battles at the prison (existing prisoners and letting new people in) and deciding not to use his gun anymore and focus on building a community. His battle with the governor but also looking to find reason or a way to live without fighting. His murderous rage in Alexandria before the Negan plot was even around. His strained friendships with Morgan and Daryl. You can't say Rick has changed in two episodes, over the course of his character he has been torn between peace and war, and how to actually achieve some kind of middle ground, whilst retaining leadership. He's always felt duty to do that but not necessarily wanted to have that role.

I think with Daryl not killing Dwight is he has some moral compass. He knows Dwight was trying to help but also Dwight was always under instruction as a Saviour to kill. That or be killed by his own boss (Negan). I think Daryl did the right thing there, that wouldn't change his opinion on wanting Negan dead. I see Daryl talking with Rick to convince him to finally kill Negan. They'll disagree for a while but they've always discussed things and they haven't always agreed. S1 when they handcuffed his brother Merle to the roof (deservedly so) but Daryl was torn obviously and certainly didn't agree with Rick. Even up to S3 they still didn't always agree.

Eugene, I probably agree with you most on. I know Rosita has this love/hate thing going on and he's stubborn af. He also has some cracking phrases that no one truly understands. I actually think Rosita digs him as those two traits are very reminiscent of Abraham's - however Eugene's ahem, 'bravery' is less to be desired. I can understand why he did it (rig the bullets, thanks to Gabriel's error) but yes he should've cried into Rosita's tits and told her. He could've gone back to the bullet factory and pretended to continue his committed coward routine. He definitely shouldn't have vommed on her. That's not how you get chicks Eugene (or is it). He deserved a good wallop around the chops and that's a guarantee she actually likes him. However sadistic that may seem.

Btw Chubbs I'm not actually singling out your comment. When I say you, I mean 'you' collectively. As it happens, you (singularly) gave the most response the individual character theory, so it made sense to comment on those and then build my rambling upon and around it.

I know I'm in the minority here but I did still think it was a good finale. I think more makes sense than not and historical character profiles do support that. There was good reference and a nod to Chandler Riggs character (I know most of us hated him in several seasons), he'd been there from S1E2 so to give that to him was pretty good. I thought. I liked how they linked up the smaller montages/vignettes from earlier episodes in the season; chiefly with Rick under the tree, which was shown during either Mercy or Honour. At that point I thought Rick had given up and then when Carl died, I was even more convinced that he was going to commit suicide or try to. In the end it was the blood of Negan on his hands. But yeah, I liked the continuity there.

I'm not totally (even if somewhat) deluded. Things I wasn't too happy about was the non conclusion of the helicopter/Jadis (Ann)/Georgie/Some new group parts. I suppose you cold say, that was one teaser I was hoping to have a few answers about. Also, while Lennie James, Morgan parts were yet again great, they didn't infer any crossover with FTWD. Not a sniff. If you hadn't seen anything about it or say you binge watch these, you'd just assume Morgan was staying at the Scrapheap. Which then leads me to, why would Jadis (Ann) go to The Hilltop/Alexandria if she was signalling or whatever for this helicopter?

With her character in mind, I may be completely wrong but there is an important character called 'A' or Alpha. 'A' the letter has been used for several seasons as a visual theme. At the prison and the prominent A for the A block. Between the prison and terminus the letter kept popping up, some walkers had A carved on their foreheads (as well as W as claims of the Wolves). In the containers at Terminus where Rick's group got held. At The sanctuary - namely Daryl and Dwight wearing that A jumper. So this could be a major foreshadowing within Robert Kirkman's mind but obviously some of that content wouldn't have been written at the earlier times. However, are we about the see the introduction/revelation of a very important character?

Finally, if you want to get a better idea of how Morgan's exit knits into his FTWD introduction watch FTWD S4P and that will give you a more insightful look at him leaving Alexandria/Hilltop etc. Not saying watch the whole episode, although I did find it quit good, but yeah just for Morgan's parts. I think he will be back in TWD in future though.

Well that's my rambles worth. Cheers if you read Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 11:17:08 »

Well, he we are again.....

It was never going to be an action filled first episode and was always going to be a set up of whats to come.

I cant be bothered to do a write up, i'll leave that Bamboo but i think this episode sets up the new season well. Or at least i hope it does.
I know it couldn't be helped but it would have been nice if we didn't know that Rick was going to be killed off, alas i now find myself waiting for it.
Zeke and Carol, i like that the writers have got them together, thought Daryl clearly still has feeling for her.
Daryl looks like he might defect from the group again as he says he wants it to be like it was before, just a few of them. 
I like what they have done with Maggie too, shes about to turn into one nasty bitch. 
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: