Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172031 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 12:14:40 »

Keep the enthusiasm BBS, I for one enjoy reading your ramblings and theories..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 12:23:24 »

me too. helps with things I may have missed/not considered
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 20:33:59 »

30 mins to go until S8MSP: Honour (Honor; US Eng)

Hopefully it will be one we talk about for all the right reasons and will be incredibly enjoyable. CORALLLLLLL!!!!  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, February 26, 2018, 22:11:06 »

he's dead, he's dead he's dead he's dead!

Morgan is kick ass awesome again though. That's good.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 11:17:43 »

he's dead, he's dead he's dead he's dead!

Morgan is kick ass awesome again though. That's good.

Why do i think that some way, some how, he will be back. I can just see it now, just so the writers can spite me.
But yes, Thank fuck he's dead, the annoting little shit.

good episode all in all, i hope the pace keeps up for the rest of the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 11:19:20 »

was a good episode, other than coral taking ages to die, and the whole scene up to the gunshot...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 15:18:52 »

I think we will see Coral again in some capacity, not so much as a living character but possibly through "Carl's Vision" via Rick. Not so much like when Lori's ghost came back, although Chandler Riggs did joke about that happening.

I think the episode was handled really well and tbf they had to honour one of the original cast members exit, so I didn't mind. In a way it was almost like Carl's death was done in real time. Nice touch by getting him to the blown out church and gave him a little grace in death. I liked how he passed the mantle (Rick's hat) on to Judith and the lighting in the sewers etc made for a more intimate feel. It was a sad episode and again the show managed to create a compelling episode without having to go all out super action hero.

I liked how they knitted the flash forward parts from the first part of the season, answering a few questions (namely, Old Rick now evident as Carl's Vision) but also still leaving a few questions lingering (Rick slumped by the tree, on a hill, with stained glass windows?). The episode still managed some tension with Carol and Morgan in stealth mode to defeat Gavin's section of the Saviours. Morgan, as others have mentioned was bloody, quite physically, brilliant. Lennie James for me is a cracking actor. The delivery on his "I have to..." line to Carol, when having to kill Gavin...he choked on his sadness and had to say it again. It was much more than just three words. I don't think many actors would've got it across as powerfully as that. In fact Morgan nearly stole the attention away from Carl's scenes.

I'll focus on all this either later on tonight or tomorrow when I write a more in depth (ohhh dread Smiley ) review of S8EP9:MSP Honour. For what it's worth it was a slightly different angle from how the season so far had, if we're honest muddled along with a few good ones, a few bad ones and some filler ones. I can't say last nights was emphatic but it was a great episode and an honest one at that. Seeing the trailers and other bits and bobs for S8:E10, it looks as though it will ramp up and maybe we'll see a Negan not dissimilar to the one we saw on his entrance to the show. Tough to follow but we need to a reminder he's as ruthless as he has been. Also though, wonder how he will respond to Carl's death. His character had a soft spot for Carl and kids overall, even if Carl duped him in S8E8:MSF. I'll talk about this and more, in the review to come.

Throw in your thoughts and ideas (yes even if they are as ridiculous as mine!) about the episode and future ones to follow. Always nice to read what you guys minds are directing towards and I prefer not to just have my opinion/thoughts expressed. So yeah, open up even the craziest of thoughts about where you think it might go, cos one things for sure Rick's direction or development is bound to change from herein. Catch you later.

Cheers for reading/watching/contributing,

Bamboo  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 22:50:01 »

Best episode for ages for me.

Simon is going to feel the wrath of Negan, or maybe he'll end up complicit in his downfall. Negan seems in a strong position, but his inner circle is failing.

And the grinder....
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 17:57:02 »

Best episode for ages for me.

Simon is going to feel the wrath of Negan, or maybe he'll end up complicit in his downfall. Negan seems in a strong position, but his inner circle is failing.

And the grinder....

Yep, a great blend of threat, regret, anger and remorse from Negan. Simon just can't control himself and although you saw it coming, it was still great viewing. I actually give some credit to Jadis here as she transformed from her "Leader" role (Mad Max et al) to a broken woman, who spoke properly for the first time. I think she will eventually join up with Rick's group, she could even end up at Oceanside or at one of the other camps. Simon is on spent time or a divide is coming, which could end the "All out War" but start an internal one. Once Negan finds out about Simon going "off course" yet again, surely it'll be toast for him?

This second half of the show in these first two episodes seems to be back on track and there seems to be a more sense of direction, rather than just fragmented segments that were somewhat stagnating with no real direction or endpoint. We can kind of foresee the end of the War and possibly life after it. Rick is still raw understandably and his actions will matter. The path of Morgan will be interesting to follow as well as other characters finding out about Coral's death. I felt Negan was still fairly cuntish over the radio to Rick, while showing he genuinely had a soft spot for Carl. That was just Negan though. A little less of the pantomime and he becomes much more believable. Plus it only enhances the qualities that JD-M has as an actor. If TWD continues to play towards the current casts acting strengths then we'll be in for a great end to the season!

I'll potentially put up a double review (if you can stomach it) and talk in more detail about S8E9: Honour & S8E10: The Lost & The Plunderers.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 10:07:19 »

Wasn't blown away but this episode but i guess they need to set you up for the big finale.

If i'm honest, i'm looking forward to this all being over.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 16:36:07 »

Wasn't blown away but this episode but i guess they need to set you up for the big finale.

If i'm honest, i'm looking forward to this all being over.

Oh no Chubbs!! You've lost the faith man  No KTF mate.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 16:45:12 »

Looking forward to Negan being over, and the reduced number of groups...

But I worry that it'll just be replaced with new 'bad people', and I'm bored of that
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 17:16:23 »

But I worry that it'll just be replaced with new 'bad people', and I'm bored of that

Yeah, we do need a more defined core group. Characters like Morgan work because he's a floating member but generally has been independent and has his own side story going on, whilst mostly helping the group. I think the "All out War" is pretty much over and it's a reflection stage...a few loose ends to tie up and getting rid of unimportant/annoying groups (they wrote out the Junkyard/Scavengers fairly well but left me thinking they could've done that half a season a go. I like how using that, they've written in the conflict that will ensue, surely between Negan and Simon). Possibly Oceanside could feature a bit again or was that a way for the show to write Aaron and the Oceansiders (potential Band name? Wink ) out of TWD??

Once everyone has read their "Letters from the grave" and maybe Michonne convinces Rick not to go all rage, while Negan tones things down dealing with his own groups problems, this could be an entry point for the "Whisperers". They've been noted several times and it's merely speculation on my part but this would seem the next logical step. They are also, a totally different type of group, who operate in a different way. I wouldn't say they are a threatening group and we may have eve seen them already (or signs of them). I'm enjoying this half of S8 so far and the delivery of quality has returned. Ironically, as key people have left.

Reduce the cast, focus on strong story and plot strands. Change tack from "Baddies - Calm moment - more baddies" to "Throw us totally of guard/new revelation" and I think it'll interest some deserters, new viewers, and freshen up existing viewers that may feel slightly stagnant. It seems to be working towards that, so I'm happy to see how it develops post All out War.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 20:24:56 »

That’s it, once negan is finished off, it’s just going to be another baddie and we start again.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 15:13:53 »

Morgan is off to Fear the walking dead, so this will likely be last season that you see him regularly.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: