Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172090 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 12:59:56 »

Ooooh, that's what that was. Meant to google that, then forgot all about it. Cheers SY

Yeah, last season Dwight was seen making these little wooden soldiers when Darryl originally met Dwight in the woods with his Mrs.  I guess this is why he thinks that Darryl will put 2 and 2 together without him risking dropping himself in the shit if Negan found it..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 15:33:10 »

Yeah, last season Dwight was seen making these little wooden soldiers when Darryl originally met Dwight in the woods with his Mrs.  I guess this is why he thinks that Darryl will put 2 and 2 together without him risking dropping himself in the shit if Negan found it..

Yeah actually think they are handmade chess pieces. In the S7 E2: The Well, in the opening scene Dwight is seen playing a board game with one of the Saviours women. Not Sherry, but some other woman. She then downs a shot of something but when I saw the figure and "Didn't Know" I was like...ahh clever (some may think different, but I like those little touches). Not massively significant but reduces continuity errors (i'm aware every show/film/production has them though, intentionally or unintentionally).

It wasn't a perfect episode but I did enjoy it and as Sonic Youth says, it was good they could show a finale without going all out gore. I'd like to know if Junkyard actually were already an offshoot of The Saviours, and I'd still like to know why they still talk like some retarded being/ alien lifeform. Also why didn't Jadis just shoot Rick on that platform (I mean headshot)??

Ok so the general main characters have to remain so this can make a "faceoff" situation seem a little farfetched but like any series we already know that this is the constant. It's when a lead or supporting lead gets killed that makes you sit up. Like Glenn and Abe.

Wasn't too fussed by the Abe/Sascha bits but it was only to depict her drifting in and out of consciousness, so I'm neither annoyed or overjoyed. Unlike Tyreese when he drifted and died, which I really enjoyed as I didn't want Tyreese to go. You could say as siblings Ty and Sasch had similar exits with the flashbacks/conscious loss etc. Maybe that was intentional but whatever i'm drifting haha.

The thing that actually threw me was I was expecting something to happen with Negan in this meet up and nothing happened to him. I'm not going to say what but if it does mirror the comics then they will probably do it at S8 MSF.

However, S8 SP is the 100th episode, so I imagine Kirkman has saved much of the story or action for that (we know what TV is like and hyping up for numbers etc. Which imo is the biggest shame. Just write and produce, but it's a global brand now), I don't really like that element of any show but the price of success sometimes mean you have to tow the Production Company line, AMC in this case. Hopefully it doesn't get too lost in it's own success. I can see why some of you are concerned/pissed off/annoyed with how it goes at times but even GoT, Prison Break, BB, and such like are all guilty of having a bad Season. I don't think this was a particularly bad season overall. Just a slightly stagnant at times season, a bit like the pond where the boathouse was.

Apologies Berniman, because I've hacked an answered quote and turned it into my "weekly TWD" post. Anyway, so if you was annoyed or peeved at some of the episodes this season, what would you like to see in S8? How would you like it to pan out? Not what you think, but what you'd like? How would you like to see events unfold from the mini aftermath of S7 SF, in the 100th ep, S8 SP? There are still major players to enter stage left in the Seasons and it's a really interesting group, how this all pulls together, i'm not sure but i'm certain the show still has plenty to keep us interested for a while yet. It's almost like a relationship and it's the longest one i've held down so i'm going to keep on for a while longer Smiley Grin Grin

Keep the faith guys, being Town fans, nothing is ever going to be easy. I await the usual derailment of my musings, but as always, any of your comments or response are appreciated, even yours Barry Scott Wink Plus I enjoy reading everyone else's opinions on the matter as a) I have no life and  b) well i'm just an out and out TWD geek. Which probably explains my single status too  Cheesy Cheesy Suicide

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 15:53:41 »

No problem from my side, I enjoy your posts on this, you obviously study things a lot deeper than me.  I'm glad you corrected my error on the making the wooden soldiers, I was going on what I thought I remembered rather than what you say, which is way more likely to be correct than my memory.  The basis is still the same though..

My answer as to why no headsot?  Junkyard had obviously done a deal with the saviours, and Negan always said that he would never kill Rick as he needed Rick to keep everyone else in line.  If he killed Rick then he risked losing the rest of the group.  The way to effect Rick was to threaten or end one of his family.  This would say to me that Negan would have said "help me double cross them, I will reward you, but nobody kills Rick"

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 16:04:47 »

No problem from my side, I enjoy your posts on this, you obviously study things a lot deeper than me.  I'm glad you corrected my error on the making the wooden soldiers, I was going on what I thought I remembered rather than what you say, which is way more likely to be correct than my memory.  The basis is still the same though..

My answer as to why no headsot?  Junkyard had obviously done a deal with the saviours, and Negan always said that he would never kill Rick as he needed Rick to keep everyone else in line.  If he killed Rick then he risked losing the rest of the group.  The way to effect Rick was to threaten or end one of his family.  This would say to me that Negan would have said "help me double cross them, I will reward you, but nobody kills Rick"

It was actually S7:E3 The Cell (Daryls Episode), so apologies but you're right the basis is the same.

Ahh that figures more. I was just thinking in the moment, as that seemed like their plan had gone tits up a bit but I guess if that was the deal struck then she stuck to her word.

Thanks though Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, April 6, 2017, 09:45:12 »

I think i'm more pissed of with Coral getting a reprieve AGAIN!!  Just die already.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 19:09:53 »

Well, there's been no talk for a while so I thought seeing as the new season started last night (or early monday am for some of us...Ahem...) and there's been no mention so far from the small group of us. Maybe you're waiting for me to do my TWD Weekly? Surely not?

So which of you watched the 100th Episode, A.K.A S8:E1? Season 8! Wow. How did you think it went? Stop reading now if you have no interest of hearing my opinion on this Wink

Ok, so for the 100th episode I'll not lie. I was expecting something a bit more dramatic or shocking. That's not to say though that it wasn't good, because it was good. Good enough to lead us into this season? Yes. One of the best episodes? Certainly not.

The episode opens (as most of us will now know) with the aftermath of betrayal by the Junkyard/Scavengers and leader Jadis. As far as we know, most of the Junkyard/Scavengers have scarpered/been eaten/killed but no one really knows where Jadis may be. Rick leads a rallying call to his trusted allies (Hilltop/Kingdom/Alexandria) to launch an attack on the remaining Saviours at Negan's compound, The Sanctuary. All the work is going towards this battle so The Hilltop are busy forging weapons, armour, etc. Rick is formulating a strategy to divert Saviour outposts and King Ezequiel is mouthing prose somewhere like a heavenly preacher (his role is starting to grate me a little). We then have a very advanced, or what seems like a very advanced "flash-forward". We see a glimpse of rick surrounded by light and a greyer, longer beard. Is this a future foreshadowing of how the whole compendium will end? Who knows but it was designed to intrigue, and intrigue it did!

Ricks plan of attack goes to...well err...plan and the allies make it into The Sanctuary, form a defence wall with their armoured vehicles and some strategic explosives. All good so far, albeit a little dragging for a SP and 100th episode (Robert Kirkman did say it would be an "explosive" episode so technically he wasn't lying but mehh). They draw Negan out of the compound and to me, Jeffrey Dean-Morgan's entrance to the latest season is as ever comical, sadistic and carefree as any socio-psychopath that he has been throughout. To me he's a love to hate character and that's what he should be. His delivery is good 95% of the time. You're just sat there waiting for him to snap, go into psycho mode and randomly bash someone to bits. He's so unhinged which is what makes him great. "shitting pants" Quality. We'll comeback to that.

Negan listens to Rick and with his cocky charm then springs a deserter onto the Allies in Gregory (the former and ousted Hilltop leader). We all know Gregory is a coward so there was no shock on my part. However several of the Hilltop must've been torn at this moment. Thankfully Jesus opens up and replies with "The Hilltop stands with Maggie". As leader elect, she then backs Jesus' comment and then Rick takes his opportunity to open up on them with a very nice AK-47. Exchanges ensue and then we're left with Negan cowering behind a burnt out vehicle and Rick trying to shoot him. Gabriel stops Rick and then as they're about to leave, Gabriel see's the cowardly Gregory and takes pity on him, telling him to wait until it's clear. The obvious happens and Gregory gets into Gabriels car and drives off, leaving Gabe surrounded by walkers. Gabe makes it into some kind of portacabin and has a chance to breathe. At this point he thinks all is fine...

Just a reference back to the flash-forward, a little later in the episode there is another one and Rick is wearing a robe, has a stick and is with Michonne  as they share a kiss. With Carl present, Rick has managed to become an old man. Seemingly in this flash-forward the world is back to normal and people are living their lives as they were in pre apocalyptic times. This is more likely a myth/screen for something else but i'm not sure exactly what at this time? Some other writers/bloggers have said they think this could be foreshadowing  how this all ends (as a dream etc. but Kirkman has said he'll never end it that way) but none of that really adds up for me yet. If it was that then it wouldn't include Michonne as he would've most likely never have met her in real life!That's going to be a running curveball that will drive us all nuts this season. What's your theories on this? or can you extract form the comics some similarities what may be about to come?

...Gabriel thinks he's found a temporary safe haven and then, out of the shadows, the sadistic smirk and laugh of our familiar foe becomes evident as Negan emerges to the frightened rabbit of Gabriel with the awesome delivery of "I hope you've got you're shitting pants on...cos you're about to shit your pants!" The camera pans away and out from the portacabin and the end credits roll.

How was the S8 SP for you guys? Did you enjoy it? It was a slightly slower burner for me be it wasn't crap. What will become of Gabriel? Will Negan pulp him to bits? He has become a liability again and he stopped Rick from eliminating Negan (kind of glas in a way, the show does need him). Will Negan convince him, through fear, to join up with The Saviours and give him all the perks of living in the Sanctuary? What next for the Allies? Do they have a follow up plan or was that it? It worked to a degree but they've only pissed of a very erratic wasp in Negan who is sure to attack soon. Maybe Negan will send Gabriel back in a box in not as great a state as he arrived in? and what of the flash-forwards, what is your feeling about that?

It's hard not to question the TV series route with all this and where it may lead. There are still plenty of other groups to make an appearance and significant characters, if the writers decide to include them from the comics. However there are so many open and unfinished paths that I hope it doesn't get too lost in a ravell of plotlines. To me they need to close certain ones left open from S7 and keep to the main and work on the detail just as it once always was. However we do know that Kirkman has said there will be a crossover of TWD & FTWD either at the end of S8 or start of S9, so if they're going to tie up loose ends within TWD then they'll have to be quick about it. I just don't think they have the time to; a) run and develop this season; whilst b) tying up loose ends; to c) merging/crossing over with FTWD. That's another thing to think about though and we'll talk more about that as it happens, I guess.

So give me your thoughts and theories about the SP of TWD and what you think may be in store for the season ahead! As always, if you got this far...thanks so much for reading/listening/watching. Now give me that TWD feedback in your own words.

Cheers, Bamboo!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 22:02:56 »

I'm not going to go into too much depth here.

tldr version: underwhelming.

Firstly I and the entire internet I'd wager really didn't buy into the writers "Thick Rick". There he was, with a fuck tun of guns, all of the lieutenants and Negan lined up in a row. Does he unleash a firestorm hell, nah, he talks to him and gives him an ultimatum and a countdown. The Prick.

The Gregory twist was quite good, up until the writers unleash "thick Gabe". Gets duped. Then ends up in a shed carrying an automatic weapon with Mr OTT and his shiting pants rubbish. And will he shoot him...place your bets.

Daryl was cool though. King Azazel was alright. Carole was OK. The tiger would make a nice rug...

And the "flash forwards/sideways/fantasy shots"....was convinced Rick was dreaming them recovering  having been hurt as the plan failed. But nope. Most odd. Had Micchone/Carl aged at all?

So yeah. Underwhelmed as a season opener, as an episode and particularly as a 100th episode.

I've lost the "must see at all costs" element of the walking dead somewhat. But I'm in now, I can't leave it. They've "Smallvilled" me. I have to know how it all ends.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 22:05:33 by Batch » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 22:30:54 »

I'm not going to go into too much depth here.

tldr version: underwhelming.

Firstly I and the entire internet I'd wager really didn't buy into the writers "Thick Rick". There he was, with a fuck tun of guns, all of the lieutenants and Negan lined up in a row. Does he unleash a firestorm hell, nah, he talks to him and gives him an ultimatum and a countdown. The Prick.

The Gregory twist was quite good, up until the writers unleash "thick Gabe". Gets duped. Then ends up in a shed carrying an automatic weapon with Mr OTT and his shiting pants rubbish. And will he shoot him...place your bets.

Daryl was cool though. King Azazel was alright. Carole was OK. The tiger would make a nice rug...

And the "flash forwards/sideways/fantasy shots"....was convinced Rick was dreaming them recovering  having been hurt as the plan failed. But nope. Most odd. Had Micchone/Carl aged at all?

So yeah. Underwhelmed as a season opener, as an episode and particularly as a 100th episode.

I've lost the "must see at all costs" element of the walking dead somewhat. But I'm in now, I can't leave it. They've "Smallvilled" me. I have to know how it all ends.

I admire your unblemished honesty. I too have certain reservations that I mentioned above. I am a considerable geek of this show. Yep, they've got me by the balls but i'm still very able to criticise the show or it's direction. However like yourself I have to keep watching until the "end end". It was a decent episode, I hope it just means it'll build and get better. Morgan was good but Lenny is a great actor and will always get good work.

'Incessant Nonsense'

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 06:06:03 »

The flash forwards are them living in a rebuilt Alexandria. I must admit, I ended up confused so I googled it. Apparently (regarding the flash forwards) all will be revealed in episode 8 - 9.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 07:11:02 »

As Batch already said. Why didn't rick shoot negan when he was stood on the balcony.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 08:15:48 »

, I hope it just means it'll build and get better.

And I think therein lies my issue. I'm getting bored with baddy of the season/season(s)...its getting a bit stale for me. Predictable. And its drawn out much much too long, the pacing is too slow. Plus I can't stand Morgan's portrayal of Negan.

For me it now needs an overarching endgame. Maybe they just figure Rick will die when the series gets canned. Maybe they have some safe haven, cure  or something else. Maybe they have this.

The FTWD crossocer better be that the FTWD group get annihilated, because while I have a few issues with TWD, they are nothing compared to that turgid poopfest. I gave up on it mid season 2.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 08:25:35 »

And I think therein lies my issue. I'm getting bored with baddy of the season/season(s)...its getting a bit stale for me. Predictable. And its drawn out much much too long, the pacing is too slow. Plus I can't stand Morgan's portrayal of Negan.

For me it now needs an overarching endgame. Maybe they just figure Rick will die when the series gets canned. Maybe they have some safe haven, cure  or something else. Maybe they have this.

The FTWD crossocer better be that the FTWD group get annihilated, because while I have a few issues with TWD, they are nothing compared to that turgid poopfest. I gave up on it mid season 2.
Its a vicious circle. Once Negan is gone, another bad group will appear and then another. Its getting too repetitive.
They have to finish this soon.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, October 27, 2017, 15:27:50 »

I feel the trouble here is, as many of you have said, Negan could be an awesome villain. It started with the bar pushed so high, however many American viewers could not handle the violent scenes shown on S7:E1. The Day Will Come When You Won't Be (aka The Season 7 Premiere). They were shocked, maybe this forced AMC's hand (from a purely ratings and viewing numbers POV) and edited/scaled back other violent scenes and felt they needed to lighten the vibe. I think I may have touched on this before.... I'm well aware that the scene with Olivia (S7:E7) was edited and scaled back to be less graphic. However that episode did include the spilling of Spencer's guts! Olivia then met her untimely death in that very episode too. It also seems many American viewers can't handle the word "Fuck" in a final production so many scripts have had it changed to "screwing" or "messing" etc. That's not to say a reason or excuse for a lack of quality in delivery but sometimes certain scenarios need certain words to make them more real. Especially if you're realllly angry. There are other scenes that have been dropped (thanks to our american friends), "Negan's Harem" have cut out brutal scenes that are, quite rightly, designed to make us feel uncomfortable.

My last point (as I know i've rambled) is this; I find it ironic that certain viewers find the word "Fuck" offensive and other scenes  like when Abe & Rosita got it on and Eugene watched (It's the end of of the world as they know it, surely he can be forgiven?), whilst they were on their way to Washington D.C (later Eugene reveals his cure theory is all a lie). Yet they can be quite happy to see someone get their jugular ripped out or have their leg chopped of with no anaesthetic? I guess that's not all Americans but could be said for people the world over. A bit like Hallow'een and people then going to Church the following day as if it's normal to dress as "something from hell" but they play "Saint Peter" on Sundays!

I've said my piece. I hope this coming Monday's episode is just a little better, a little more gruesome, a little more "wow, wasn't expecting that!" and maybe answer a few questions lingering from the S8P. I'm going to be disappointed aren't I? I hope not Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, October 27, 2017, 15:34:44 »

Its JDM's delivery of Negan that annoys me more. One dimensional..

Yeah the cut graphic nature could hammer home how horrible he is, but we get that. An iron on the face isn't a picture of a bed of roses.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, October 27, 2017, 15:49:16 »

Its JDM's delivery of Negan that annoys me more. One dimensional..

Yeah the cut graphic nature could hammer home how horrible he is, but we get that. An iron on the face isn't a picture of a bed of roses.

This is not a criticism and his delivery does grate on me at times but you do realise he is playing the role of a psychopath? He's meant to be enjoying what he is doing. JDM is a good actor but I wonder if it's the show edits that's denying us true representation of this? Unfortunately we will probably never be privy to know this Hmmm... Don't get me wrong though, I'm as disappointed as you are at times because I want the old gritty tense TWD back.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: