Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172176 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 14:26:13 »

MuMy initial thoughts on boot guy is that its the boathouse guy. But who knows. It could be anyone.

True. I shall be discussing this no doubt, with whoever will listen. There are many ways they could take this next half. We know a battle is building (again), but who's battle will it really be, and for whom?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 16:29:55 »

Its clear to all that there will be a battle with Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom Vs Negan and the Saviors,

As already mentioned, its highly unlikely it will be an all guns blazing blood fest due to the saviors inferior arsenal of weapons. One option already discussed in the trailer for ep 9 was to just bomb the place but this was discounted due to there being a lot of people being held by Negan against their will. So we're looking at something more intelligent.

We didn't see Dwight this episode. Are the producers trying to throw us off the fact that he is getting more and more frustrated being Negan's right hand man and in my eyes he will be instrumental in Negans eventual demise.

I can't help but think the Oceanside camp is being left out for a reason, will they play a part in taking out Negan and a saviors? Its very likely, which also brings me back to the boot man/woman. I think the producers want us to think its a man, but its very likely it could be one of the women from Oceanside.

There are many ways the second half of this season can go. From the little i do know from the books there is still so much to be uncovered, such as more camps and groups but who's to say they will even make an appearance in the TV show , this season or in the future.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 11:52:36 »

Pretty decent episode to come back to. Slow start but picked up mid way. That smile at the end by Rick, to me says, he's just found his army. But something tells me its not going to be a straight forward as he might think.

Who were the group at the end? They are not saviors, and they are not Oceanside. I've read something about a group called the whisperers, but i don't know much more than that.

Another through was with Gabriel and the food, where did he go? Has he got something to do with this new group?

Too many questions, not enought answers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 12:01:05 »

I thought they were the Oceansiders. oh well
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #94 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 12:26:27 »

I reckon Gabriel has gone with the guy from the boat that Rick and the gay fella looted
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 12:55:39 »

I reckon Gabriel has gone with the guy from the boat that Rick and the gay fella looted
I believe the guy is a gal from what I've seen. Anyway, Gabriel must have known she was in the car as she stuck her head up just as they drove out of Alexandria. The message Gabriel left also makes me believe they're working together.

The only reason I can think of is that Gabriel is trying to protect what is left?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 13:28:09 »

I thought they were the Oceansiders. oh well
Oceanside is women only. There were plenty of men in this new group.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 13:29:00 »

I believe the guy is a gal from what I've seen. Anyway, Gabriel must have known she was in the car as she stuck her head up just as they drove out of Alexandria. The message Gabriel left also makes me believe they're working together.

The only reason I can think of is that Gabriel is trying to protect what is left?

I didn't catch that bit in the car, but that would make sense.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 14:24:40 »

This gets filmed where I live, my wife went to go see "Alexandria" last week, watched my first episode this week, it was ok.  Will see if being close by causes any insight - they do offer extra's roles to the locals.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #99 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 14:30:10 »

This gets filmed where I live, my wife went to go see "Alexandria" last week, watched my first episode this week, it was ok.  Will see if being close by causes any insight - they do offer extra's roles to the locals.
You live in Crewe now Rob? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 14:32:40 »

That would have been a bad move!  Newnan (some of it is filmed here), which is next to Senoia (where Alexandria is filmed).  Pinewood also have studios nearby where they film most of the Avengers stuff.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 12:03:46 »

Hi, welcome back to S7 of TWD to the small group of people ion here that contribute.

Yeah a good mid-season opener and i'm with Chubbs that although it started slow, the show again proved it doesn't have to go "Full Metal Jacket" every time. It should basically have been called "Forces Recruitment" because that's pretty much what Rick was trying to convince people (namely the Kingdom) to do. The fragmentation has pulled together a bit quicker too and there is a sense of solidarity building again. A Kingdom ally in Richard will hopefully convince King Ez that the Saviours are just one threat away from an all out carnage. King Ez knows this, but he obviously wants to play Peacemaker (pretty much like Morgan, but they're both being tested more and more).

The episode ended with a new group of people and Rick throwing a smile...had he found his army? Were they connected to "Boot Guy/Woman"? Are they a sect of the Saviours (do not discredit this theory for a moment, that could be the big plot spin)? I guess we'll find out in E10. The cumulation of the episode did leave us with just enough questions. I think questions without enough answers initially is good because it means we're talking about the show and the story, instead of if the show is boring us. E9 definitely wasn't boring Smiley

*********Update***********
So onto E10.

First off I'm really jealous of RobertT. If you invite me to yours, just so I can be an extra in TWD then i'll pay you in Luke Williams interviews for life.....That's fair yeah? Smiley

E10 was also pretty good. The fragmenting has eased even more and the plot is focusing on the main task at hand "overthrowing  Negan". We have a solid base and as revealed in this episode Rick now has his army led by the eerily "Star Trek" humanoid looking Jadus. She evidently has an overwhelming "Negan like" control over her group. What's scary is that they are all inherently calm about it. To me this makes Jadus more interesting than Negan. While the true Negan character is somewhat erratic and totally detached, acting on impulse. Jadus  (only of what we have seen so far) seems to be able to get what she wants but without a bloodbath. This could take the show to a more intelligent, interrogating level (Which I hope it does). Even though, she has tasked Rick with getting them "Guns & Jars" I have a feeling the Negan overthrow will be more of a Kidnap/Ransom/Capture/Painful demise. That's not Graphic Novel related btw...I know what happens to Negan in that initially and I don't think the show is going down that route.

The next episode will fragment partially, as shown in the end credits we have a Clip of Negan and Dwight, and also Eugene. Is Eugene now making arms/bullets for Negan at the Foundry? or will Ricks group get him back and use his intelligence to create the arms needed for Jadus? Eugene is a massive power play here. I fear it could end in his death...

Back to E10 and the reuniting of Daryl and Carol was handled brilliantly. They are true soulmates per se and not necessarily lovers. Just an understanding that goes way beyond. Great play by Daryl again not letting Carol know that Glenn and Abe had been brutally murdered by Negan and all the associated psychological shit that came with that. He knows she's currently in a really broken place mentally and she doesn't need that information right now. They handled that pretty well and again it shows a more deeper side to the show. I think so anyway!

The episode threw up enough drama, tenseness and intrigue to keep even a newer viewer interested. As a long term viewer it was enough to bring everything back together and start building towards taking out Negan. What are your thoughts on last nights episode? Boring, Good, Average, Intriguing, Interested? Whatever, let us know and all constructive criticism is welcome. I await the abuse Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 12:43:08 »

Probably going to give up on it. Last series was shit and so is this one. Shame I really enjoyed the earlier series but it's past its sell by date and trading on former glories.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 13:07:28 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 13:22:30 »

Quite enjoyed the first two episodes since the break, if not the Battle Royale/Negan plot.

Perhaps Rick can become King of Kings and we can move on from this endless "bad group of the season" for a bit and move in a different direction..
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 09:01:50 »

Hi, welcome back to S7 of TWD to the small group of people ion here that contribute.

Yeah a good mid-season opener and i'm with Chubbs that although it started slow, the show again proved it doesn't have to go "Full Metal Jacket" every time. It should basically have been called "Forces Recruitment" because that's pretty much what Rick was trying to convince people (namely the Kingdom) to do. The fragmentation has pulled together a bit quicker too and there is a sense of solidarity building again. A Kingdom ally in Richard will hopefully convince King Ez that the Saviours are just one threat away from an all out carnage. King Ez knows this, but he obviously wants to play Peacemaker (pretty much like Morgan, but they're both being tested more and more).

The episode ended with a new group of people and Rick throwing a smile...had he found his army? Were they connected to "Boot Guy/Woman"? Are they a sect of the Saviours (do not discredit this theory for a moment, that could be the big plot spin)? I guess we'll find out in E10. The cumulation of the episode did leave us with just enough questions. I think questions without enough answers initially is good because it means we're talking about the show and the story, instead of if the show is boring us. E9 definitely wasn't boring Smiley

*********Update***********
So onto E10.

First off I'm really jealous of RobertT. If you invite me to yours, just so I can be an extra in TWD then i'll pay you in Luke Williams interviews for life.....That's fair yeah? Smiley

E10 was also pretty good. The fragmenting has eased even more and the plot is focusing on the main task at hand "overthrowing  Negan". We have a solid base and as revealed in this episode Rick now has his army led by the eerily "Star Trek" humanoid looking Jadus. She evidently has an overwhelming "Negan like" control over her group. What's scary is that they are all inherently calm about it. To me this makes Jadus more interesting than Negan. While the true Negan character is somewhat erratic and totally detached, acting on impulse. Jadus  (only of what we have seen so far) seems to be able to get what she wants but without a bloodbath. This could take the show to a more intelligent, interrogating level (Which I hope it does). Even though, she has tasked Rick with getting them "Guns & Jars" I have a feeling the Negan overthrow will be more of a Kidnap/Ransom/Capture/Painful demise. That's not Graphic Novel related btw...I know what happens to Negan in that initially and I don't think the show is going down that route.

The next episode will fragment partially, as shown in the end credits we have a Clip of Negan and Dwight, and also Eugene. Is Eugene now making arms/bullets for Negan at the Foundry? or will Ricks group get him back and use his intelligence to create the arms needed for Jadus? Eugene is a massive power play here. I fear it could end in his death...

Back to E10 and the reuniting of Daryl and Carol was handled brilliantly. They are true soulmates per se and not necessarily lovers. Just an understanding that goes way beyond. Great play by Daryl again not letting Carol know that Glenn and Abe had been brutally murdered by Negan and all the associated psychological shit that came with that. He knows she's currently in a really broken place mentally and she doesn't need that information right now. They handled that pretty well and again it shows a more deeper side to the show. I think so anyway!

The episode threw up enough drama, tenseness and intrigue to keep even a newer viewer interested. As a long term viewer it was enough to bring everything back together and start building towards taking out Negan. What are your thoughts on last nights episode? Boring, Good, Average, Intriguing, Interested? Whatever, let us know and all constructive criticism is welcome. I await the abuse Smiley

I love reading your write-ups.

Finally watched ep10. It seems like they are working toward a big blow up next episode. From the trailer It looks like Dwight will feel the wrath of Negan for allowing Daryll to escape.
There was a clip of everyone congregated in the foundry again, could this mean someone else is getting the iron? Maybe Eugene? Personally i don't think they will hurt Eugene, but as already mentioned be made to work and make ammo.

This new group interest me, they almost look like extras from Stargate-SG1. What was with that walker in the pit? That's something i would expect to see in a Resident Evil game, which coincidentally is about Zombies so i'm not quite sure where i'm going with this. It all just looked a bit out of place

The big question is will Tara give up the location of Oceanside to Rick of will she keep it quiet?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: