Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town official matchday thread  (Read 36088 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:12:19 »

Has he put the club up for sale?
No
Did I say he wanted us to be relegated?
No

He is here to make a profit and move on, he's said so himself. So why would the division not matter?
The

My point was simple - the 'philosophy' of playing a certain way, taking young players on loan and signing Academy rejects to improve and sell on - has no direct correlation to which division we are in.
That can potentially work at Championship, L1 or L2 level.
Therefore, I can't imagine which division we are in actually concers Power that much and ultimately....you'll get better crowds at the top of L2 than you will mid to bottom of L1.

That makes no sense. We've taken on an academy kid and turned him into a top L2 player or a top L1 player. Who is going to command the most £? Not going to be the former is i?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:21:38 »

Back 3 system apart there seems a fundamental issue with how we try to defend. Branco's first instinct appears to be to try and let the ball go over his head and deal with it on the floor rather presumably as a possession retention method rather than head than head it on the full as any normal centre back would do. It's causing a fuck load of problems for us as ends up leaving us in a 50/50 with the striker, it's an utterly bizarre tactic especially with a liability like Branco. First rule of defending is don't let the ball bounce!

Vigs confidence in the defence seems shot as he was very reluctant to play the short ball tonight even if the defender had acres but then who can blame him....

Williams is utterly lost in his world that there is only one way to play football, great on paper but that's not how the real world works. If he genuinely believes things will changing without a change in approach then he really is in the wrong profession.
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:22:49 »

Just got back...

Me... My brother (who comes once every three years)... And a pal.....paid just short of £60 to watch utter shite.

We played well for nearly ten minutes of a 90 plus ET match. We are at home FFS!

Please, please, please ...anybody from USA, Thailand or Bongo Bongo Land don't tell me we were robbed or tell me I'm being negative.

That WAS shit!

We play one way...one way and if the opposition play anyway to nullify it...we are fucked. Royally.

Scored our goal from a bi product of an attack that broke down (great strike by Murray) but what a load of shite.

I'm losing the fucking will.

All you fuckers that slated those on Saturday who said Oldham were shit.....I hope you went tonight and witnessed this shit. If you didn't kindly fuck off and cease posting.

Come and pay your money. Your fucking tune will change rapidly.

If we finish sixth or seventh off bottom it will be an achievement.

Fuck knows what Power will be thinking...we will have no cunt to sell this season.

Amen to that, brother!

Almost every town fan i speak to is completely bored with how we play. Its the slow build up, pass back, slow build up again, pass sideways. Rewind and start again.

Apart from James Brophy there is little in the way of pace and most players seem happy to get rid of the ball without risking anything pesonally.

Williams comes over as a boring smartass and is inarticulate (I fink this, I fink that). Fans have seen through all the rubbish excuses and attempts to make it sound like he has a grand masterplan and its only a matter of time before 'the lads' come good.

How can 'the lads' be inspired by a mockney chimp with no appreciable record in football management?

Everyone is pissed off. The football is boring, Power is becomming increasingly unpopular, results are awful, players should be doing much better but seem poorly and naively organised, the league position is dodgy and if we're not careful we'll be facing relegation quicker than we think.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:31:10 »

I'm usually quite positive and attend half the games, I don't have the buzz this year at all. It's a chore to get upto to the CG or to an away game.

I haven't felt anything like this in the 19 years I've been attending, even when we were absolute dogshit. It's just so boring and predictable every game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:31:37 »

Fucking idiot
Charming! All I did was write what he said!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:31:37 »

Interesting posts, didn't go but seen enough of us already this season to know we're in a rut and desperately need a change.

However is it really necessary for people to have a go at others? Fucking hell. We're all on here for the same reason
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:31:44 »

I'm pissed off, but this whole "WAAH ITS BORING" shit only comes when we lose.

Don't try and speak for other people.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:37:34 »

Interesting posts, didn't go but seen enough of us already this season to know we're in a rut and desperately need a change.

However is it really necessary for people to have a go at others? Fucking hell. We're all on here for the same reason

I always give people at least 12 hours to talk absolute shit when their team lose. We've all been there. Served me well in life and work!

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:43:35 »

I'm pissed off, but this whole "WAAH ITS BORING" shit only comes when we lose.

Don't try and speak for other people.
The problem is everyone is now in agreement that 3 at the back is a massive issue, I'm more bored of us conceding the same school boy goals that could be easily avoided with a more solid and less suicidal set up.
I've played as a keeper at reasonable level and I absolutely hate playing behind a back 3 as you just get roasted out wide unless you have 3 good centre backs and wing backs that are basically machines. We have none of these so don't have the personnel for the system which by basic logic would say he needs to change something but he is just totally blinded by his 'philosophy'.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:49:59 »

Thought we played alright, shit goals to concede- Northampton scored from pretty much their best and only chances of the game where as we didn't. Corners need improving but they have needed that since the day of Ian Woan and Sammy Igoe left.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:52:19 »

The problem is everyone is now in agreement that 3 at the back is a massive issue, I'm more bored of us conceding the same school boy goals that could be easily avoided with a more solid and less suicidal set up.
I've played as a keeper at reasonable level and I absolutely hate playing behind a back 3 as you just get roasted out wide unless you have 3 good centre backs and wing backs that are basically machines. We have none of these so don't have the personnel for the system which by basic logic would say he needs to change something but he is just totally blinded by his 'philosophy'.

Agree with point about 3 at the back simply not working. Not sure 3 at the back is the 'philosophy' however. The philosophy as I understand it involves us dominating possession and moving opposition around before creating an opening - this can be done with 4 at the back, involving 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. These formations give clear instructions to defenders, as well as not leaving us 1 against 1 every time the opposition break and or get it wide. It really is time to ditch this 3 at the back, Lingy saw sense.. why can't LW?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:57:30 »

Agree with point about 3 at the back simply not working. Not sure 3 at the back is the 'philosophy' however. The philosophy as I understand it involves us dominating possession and moving opposition around before creating an opening - this can be done with 4 at the back, involving 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. These formations give clear instructions to defenders, as well as not leaving us 1 against 1 every time the opposition break and or get it wide. It really is time to ditch this 3 at the back, Lingy saw sense.. why can't LW?
The back 3 is a necessity of our 'philosophy'. He loves wing backs and wants 3 in centre mid along with 2 up front and except for the odd move to a number 10 on a few occasions it's been the main stay of Power and Williams time here. I can't remember the last time we played a back 4 for a sustained period of games....
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 23:03:44 »

The back 3 is a necessity of our 'philosophy'. He loves wing backs and wants 3 in centre mid along with 2 up front and except for the odd move to a number 10 on a few occasions it's been the main stay of Power and Williams time here. I can't remember the last time we played a back 4 for a sustained period of games....

Lingy reverted to it didn't he? Guess that could be classed as unsustained - was only a few
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 23:11:51 »

Lingy reverted to it didn't he? Guess that could be classed as unsustained - was only a few
And resulted in our upturn in form, as I said I don't like a back 3 as it's a really difficult system to master. But as I also said there are fundamental issues with our defensive approach, I really don't get Branco's strategy of letting the ball go over his head....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 06:13:32 »

Charming! All I did was write what he said!
Thought afterwards you might think it was directed at you - it wasn't. I was passing judgement on Williams' excuses!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: