Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town official matchday thread  (Read 35910 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:38:14 »

In 2010/11 we had 12 points after 10 games and still at least had a world class goal scorer in Charlie Austin (till January)

Our 10th game was a defeat to D&R after going 1-0 up in the first minute.
Their winner scored by Bas Savage, a truely terrible footballer.

In 81/82 we were top after 10 games and still went down.  We could field a strike force of Andy Rowland, Paul Rideout  with Jimmy Quinn as back up and Roy Carter chipping in 13 from midfield.
lambourn red

« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:40:53 »

I have not felt this dejected after a match for a long time Northampton were nothing special at all but they were just more decisive when they had the ball. The style of play is killing us we are slow to counter and when we get the 18 yard box we just have no creativity. I am really concerned with no loan system to delve into 1 or 2 injuries for defenders and we could be bottom before we can address it, for once Williams needs to grow a pair and try something different but we all know that won't happen as the style is dictated by Power. If we lose at Shrewsbury the next league home game is going to turn nasty if we go behind again people are starting to lose patience and the crowds will start to drop like a stone.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:42:59 »

Sounds like the inevitable Kasim disinterest has started

I wouldn't say that, I think he was just hideously out of form/confidence. He certainly seemed interested enough to snatch the ball of Goddard to put a free kick wide

People have stinkers every now and again
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:45:37 »

I wouldn't say that, I think he was just hideously out of form/confidence. He certainly seemed interested enough to snatch the ball of Goddard to put a free kick wide

People have stinkers every now and again

In Kasim's case he has a stinker every game between August and January and then every game between Feb and April.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:47:45 »

He played alright earlier in the season, when the transfer window was..oh...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:50:56 »

I said it before (quite a while back, I think it was on here) that Powers model isn't related to what division we are in at all. So whether relegation would overly concern him I don't quite know.

How exactly is he going to sell a club for more money in L2 than he is in L1 or the Championship?

Fuck me, he wants us to be relegated does he?
Is it him or Williams who tells Beaks not to kick the ball in the net?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:52:54 »

I thought he meant the buy them cheap, sell them for more model. Not the exit strategy. You'd still think it would be easier to do that in L1 than L2 though.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:54:03 »

:no:We are not Barcelona playing in la liga,juventus in serie a,Bayern in the bundesliga.We have rejects,non league  and no hopers so why do we play one dimensional,predictable snail-pace boring mistake-laden uninspiring,frustrating emotional draining boring.boring boring,slow,boring,predictable,boring and slow so called (the right way to play) football.Oh i'm not happyby the way.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:55:29 »

:no:We are not Barcelona playing in la liga,juventus in serie a,Bayern in the bundesliga.We have rejects,non league  and no hopers so why do we play one dimensional,predictable snail-pace boring mistake-laden uninspiring,frustrating emotional draining boring.boring boring,slow,boring,predictable,boring and slow so called (the right way to play) football.Oh i'm not happyby the way.

You're saying this because we lost.

I thought he meant the buy them cheap, sell them for more model. Not the exit strategy. You'd still think it would be easier to do that in L1 than L2 though.

Exactly. Still bullshit.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:56:48 »

How exactly is he going to sell a club for more money in L2 than he is in L1 or the Championship?

Fuck me, he wants us to be relegated does he?
Is it him or Williams who tells Beaks not to kick the ball in the net?

Has he put the club up for sale?
No
Did I say he wanted us to be relegated?
No

So, wind your neck in.

My point was simple - the 'philosophy' of playing a certain way, taking young players on loan and signing Academy rejects to improve and sell on - has no direct correlation to which division we are in.
That can potentially work at Championship, L1 or L2 level.
Therefore, I can't imagine which division we are in actually concers Power that much and ultimately....you'll get better crowds at the top of L2 than you will mid to bottom of L1.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:58:49 »

...you'll get better crowds at the top of L2 than you will mid to bottom of L1.

er, do I need to point out a potential flaw in that Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:00:33 »

Just got back...

Me... My brother (who comes once every three years)... And a pal.....paid just short of £60 to watch utter shite.

We played well for nearly ten minutes of a 90 plus ET match. We are at home FFS!

Please, please, please ...anybody from USA, Thailand or Bongo Bongo Land don't tell me we were robbed or tell me I'm being negative.

That WAS shit!

We play one way...one way and if the opposition play anyway to nullify it...we are fucked. Royally.

Scored our goal from a bi product of an attack that broke down (great strike by Murray) but what a load of shite.

I'm losing the fucking will.

All you fuckers that slated those on Saturday who said Oldham were shit.....I hope you went tonight and witnessed this shit. If you didn't kindly fuck off and cease posting.

Come and pay your money. Your fucking tune will change rapidly.

If we finish sixth or seventh off bottom it will be an achievement.

Fuck knows what Power will be thinking...we will have no cunt to sell this season.

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:01:43 »

I am really concerned with no loan system to delve into 1 or 2 injuries for defenders and we could be bottom before we can address it,
I couldn't give a shit if any of our defenders get injured as they are totally incapable of defending. Maldini would look total fucking shit in our defence. We might be better off playing 1 8 1.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:03:19 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:08:57 »

er, do I need to point out a potential flaw in that Smiley

That and the fact that Power said he'll only get his money back if we make the championship, so it won't work in L2 as choice of players is more limited. I haven't even looked at the fixture list but we need to win 3 out of the next 4 or 5.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 22:11:18 »

Power said he'll only get his money back if we make the championship

I agree with you, but I take what  Power says with a liberal pinch of salt.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: