Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil fans response to their CG experience.....  (Read 2547 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 17:49:23 »

....given in response to a curious shithead.......

No aggro at all AFAIK. Fair bit of verbal and gesticulation, but that's part and parcel IMO.

Not what you want to hear I'm sure , but IMO Swindon produced one of the better supports I've come across. Something that has surprised me in the last two and a bit seasons is how muted and quiet the support at many League clubs is. Suppose I'd accepted the hype about how all these long-standing League clubs were a different species from we mere pub teams.

Its a shame he couldn't have seen a real old style CG crowd.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 18:02:46 »

And further in response to a question about the legendary TEF casuals.....Spencer and Ash....

Those idiots to the left of the away end at swindon, what a bunch of losers, not one swindon shirt or ounce of red amongst them, they faced us the whole game instead of actually watching any of the match - 15 quid to watch us and wave your arms around in a silly fashion...says it all. They didnt even look scary...at least at lincoln the skinheads that do it look hard...not that that makes it nice.

The shitheads have your cards marked lads....... Cool
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 18:29:49 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Those idiots to the left of the away end at swindon, what a bunch of losers, not one swindon shirt or ounce of red amongst them

superb
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 18:32:37 »

http://www.ciderspaceforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=21676&forum=DCForumID1

there's the thread if anyone's interested Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 18:34:07 »

Can I just point out SY.....that it was a Yeovil fan who wrote that and not me...in response to the shithead's question about casual corner.  I want to keep my kneecaps.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 18:36:12 »

Yeah I saw that.  :run:

Haha. Still shut them up for the entire match. I would consider Bristol City and Yeovil at opposite extremes in football fandom. At one end Bristol City, their massed casuals too hard to do silly things like support the team vocally. At the other, Yeovil, mum, dad, brother and sister all having a day out. I dont rate either as fans. Theyre both shit for different reasons. Theyre both jealous of our support for different reasons.

Were in a medium and Im proud of it. Top fucking fans. Weve had a presence at every town game this season and always tried a chant. No we dont look very hard, but thats because we stick together as a group because were mates, not because hes handy in a ruck.

We are plastic casuals if you like. But organised fights are shit.  

And we know the City are after us after that LDV game. Ive never seen 25 lads celebrate a goal like it. Just mental. Then in the league game everyone went back to the Town End, leaving just 5 of us to get fronted up by about 90 of them (I didnt give it the biggun that night, haha, and there were City meatheads sat next to us).
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 18:39:54 »

Sorry, did they say £15?

£23 mate!!!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 18:55:54 »

£15 in town end and stratton, he probally thought it was £15 everywhere.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 18:57:45 »

I'd say Yeovil is a family club but we can't be far of??

We're not exactly Cardiff, Stoke or Millwall are we!
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 19:03:07 »

By the looks of things City are getting their homework in early for the friday night fixture.  :shock:  And by the looks of things we will be doing another Lord Lucan escape back to fortress County Hotel at the final whistle! If thats been shut by OB then I might as well get myself on BUPA right now.

But we will front them up again. Im not having those brizzle bastards take the piss on our patch. You watch, 30 of us will be down there, and we will embaress the 1000's of City with our passion and commitment to the club. Usually City chant for the first 5 mins and then give up until half time. We'll sing Red Army for a half hour if we want to. Course we'd get ripped to bits if in was 1981 and they could invade the pitch. But they cant, its 2005, we can wind them up, take the piss, embaress them, out sing them and get away with it. AND THEY CANT STAND IT!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 19:13:40 »

You nutters  Soapy Tit Wank
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 19:14:11 »

And long may it continue...... :advercool:
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore