Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 132

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 70115 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:01:23 »

When the out campaign is backed by Farage, Boris, Putin & Trump there surely is reason to be suspicious
They also shout the loudest which influences some people....not myself though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:18:13 »

I reckon If the vote had been Sunday it would have been an out vote. Not so sure now with that clown Farage and his poster, certainly making me have a rethink, and do some more research.

That's good you are thinking, this is not a vote that should be taken on "gut feeling" but on facts, they are all out there. This will not fuck me up as I am older but I feel sorry for all those under eighteen year olds who have no say in this matter and are the ones who will be affected most.
Panda Paws

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:22:48 »

I'm voting remain because I'm not a lunatic or a fantasist. Pretty much every one I know on a business and social level are also voting remain.

My (future) in laws and a couple of acquaintances from outside London are swaying towards leave for completely predictable, fantasist or untrue reasons (too much bureaucracy, something about the old dear's recycling bins, bloody immigrants - especially the Turks when they join too).

Obvious age split and geographical split in my small straw poll of this. Old people and those not in professional jobs in London want out. The young want to remain. Not sure why that split is there, whether it holds true elsewhere?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:27:34 by Panda Paws » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:34:30 »

I'm currently going to vote remain. The reasoning from that side seems more logical and I don't want interest rates to rise as I have a tracker mortgage. I also don't see leaving as a magic wand to end immigration which I think many out voters seem to think it will be. Quite the opposite in fact.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:37:38 »

Don`t understand why it has become our responsibility to decide I know nothing about the plus points or the minus points - I think it is totally irresponsible of this government to ask us to vote on such a huge decision - I have also read that even if I do vote out the House of Commons can decide not to validate the decision as 70% of MPs don`t want to leave - what the f..k is going on in this country - will ever stop raining / will England ever be a team that you would pay money to watch - I haven`t got a bloody clue....

Bathtime
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:38:48 »

When the out campaign is backed by Farage, Boris, Putin & Trump there surely is reason to be suspicious

And Katie Hopkins, Marine Le Pen, Britain First, Bernie Ecclestone, Rupert Murdoch, George Galloway, Norman Tebbit, Kelvin McKenzie and Toby Young.

Quite the rogues gallery that.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:38:59 »

Ironic that the basic building block of democracy (the ballot box) is being used to rubber stamp the continuance of an unelected, unanswerable, impossible to remove political elite.

Shameful
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:40:04 »

"BUT THEY ARENT ELECTED"

is among the stupidest fucking arguments for leaving. But whatever floats your boat, you're going to lose.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:41:08 »

I'm currently going to vote remain. The reasoning from that side seems more logical and I don't want interest rates to rise as I have a tracker mortgage. I also don't see leaving as a magic wand to end immigration which I think many out voters seem to think it will be. Quite the opposite in fact.

Outers have entirely failed to address the key issue that every non-EU European state who's brokered trading agreements with the EU has been made to accept free movement across their borders as a cornerstone of any agreement.

So how they intend to defend their mantra of taking back border control remains a mystery. Like most of a post-Brexit world.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:43:29 »

Ironic that the basic building block of democracy (the ballot box) is being used to rubber stamp the continuance of an unelected, unanswerable, impossible to remove political elite.

Shameful

I agree.....the House of Lords should go.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:43:48 »

I agree.....the House of Lords should go.

Ha...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:44:01 »

"BUT THEY ARENT ELECTED"

is among the stupidest fucking arguments for leaving. But whatever floats your boat, you're going to lose.
Then why bother with any sort of election. It's obvious most people will vote remain cos they have been scared shitless not because they believe in the EU project.

Spineless fuckers
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:44:03 »

"BUT THEY ARENT ELECTED"

Particularly when made by prominent leave backers like Lord Digby Jones, Lord Michael Ashcroft, Lord Nigel Lawson or Lord Norman Lamont...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:49:08 »

"Make Britain great again"  Zzz

Any outer I've spoken to seems have this reasoning, dreaming back to halcyon days of their youth when country apparently had no problems. Then they roll out the immigration issue not realising that an out vote will probably make no difference to that.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:49:33 »

Then why bother with any sort of election. It's obvious most people will vote remain cos they have been scared shitless not because they believe in the EU project.

Spineless fuckers

I don't think anyone's pretending the EU is perfect. But we're a lot better off in it than we are out of it, and our referendum seems to have started making waves in Belgium... Enough that change may be possible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: