Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Three Coaches Depart  (Read 26305 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 17:17:53 »

With all the injuries, and recurring injuries, last season perhaps a new fitness coach is needed.

It was mentioned on here a few times some players appeared unfit.
Not just unfit, we had a LOT of injuries last season, especially near the end of the season, something isn't quite right with our training it would seem.

Most of our injuries didn't seem to happen on the pitch but in training.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 19:37:57 »

Granted it looks a bit strange when coaches leave a league club for a non-league club.

However, it has been intimated (or rather confirmd) that there was discontent in the ranks at Swindon. The owner put his faith in one faction, so clearing out the other faction makes sense.

Has the owner backed the right side?

Don't know.
Think that's a massive leap to go from "Cooper had problems with some backroom staff" + "Some backroom staff have left to join Cooper" to an assumption of all out civil war. Cooper clearly didn't see eye to eye with Williams and ultimately was pushed out as a result, as Power rated Cooper over Williams. To then go on to assume that these three were part of some larger "faction" siding with Cooper is quite an assumption. To assume they've now been forced out as a result carries even less water. If they were, why didn't Power force them out with Cooper? Why wait until now? They've had a better offer from another club and have decided to move on, no need to try to make 2+2=5
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 21:34:15 »

Maybe too much of an assumption - I know absolutely nothing about whats going on or whether there were 'factions' or not. Maybe I chose the wrong words.

My thought process was running along the lines that if Williams and Power really wanted to keep them I assume they would have matched FGRs offer? Again, that's assuming FGR offered better terms than at STFC, which I assume would be the main reason to drop from a league to non-league club?  I've also got it in the back of my mind that Williams either said or was reported as saying that there would be a few 'tweaks' in the way things were done. Again, it may be a big assumption that this was linked to back room staff changes.

Maybe I'm doing too much thinking.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 21:44:57 »

Closed season does that Smiley Might just be as simple as Power would have been happy to keep them, but not fussed enough to match/better whatever FGR are offering. Or maybe there's a germ of truth in what you surmised, not as extreme as factions maybe, but perhaps Williams was happy to see some of the backroom staff go if he has his own appointments in mind for those positions. i.e. not forced out, but not desperate to keep either?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 22:01:52 »

Plus, one of them, Scott Lindsey, has gone from div 3 club U18 manager to div 5 first team assistant manager. That seems like professional progression to me, so not a controversial move. 
deltaincline

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 22:51:34 »

Steve Hale went because FGR offered him security.

Can not and will not reveal my sauce, but If any of you were in a job you loved, working for a L1 club and on reasonable money, you'd be fairly happy, yeah?

What if every time your short-term contract was due for renewal though your employer fucked you about, gave you no advance indication as to whether or not it was likely to be renewed again and then failed to come up with anything concrete until the absolute very last possible moment? Would you be happy with that? Would that make you feel secure or wanted?

Couple that with the prospect of working with someone he trusts, like Coops, on a longer term deal - albeit in non league football - it's a no-brainer for him.

Not saying we're doomed, but the fucking writing is on the wall. We treat people like shit. It's why anyone decent won't come here unless they're either desperate, or it's first chance or last chance saloon.

And that's just Steve Hale.

Serious question; what exactly has to happen at stfc for at least some of you to wake the fuck up?

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 22:59:41 »

Serious question; what exactly has to happen at stfc for at least some of you to wake the fuck up?

Zzz
deltaincline

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 23:21:55 »

Zzz

Great comeback.

No wonder this forum is dying.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 23:32:40 »

Touche..
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 23:48:15 »

Oh good, has he fucked off?

I wasn't expecting a rage quit so soon, nice one.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 00:11:14 »

What if every time your short-term contract was due for renewal though your employer fucked you about, gave you no advance indication as to whether or not it was likely to be renewed again and then failed to come up with anything concrete until the absolute very last possible moment? Would you be happy with that? Would that make you feel secure or wanted?

a contractors life is not a happy one
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 07:09:10 »

I for one will really miss Delta's positive posts especially after a game. They were like a breath of fresh air.
REDBUCK

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 07:22:34 »

I hope he returns even if just to find out whether it's Red, Brown or no sauce at all
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 07:50:12 »

He really is coming across as a bitter cunt isn't he? If things were as bad as he is making out why didn't he jump ship to Sheffield Wednesday when he had the chance?
I used to quite like Cooper - I always felt a tad embarrassed for him when Power used to tell him he had 'the best job in football'.

Obviously Cooper thought differently. He really ought to thank his lucky stars being in the right place at the right time when the manager's job became available. He would certainly have sunk without trace without that lucky break.

He should shut the fuck up now, though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 08:00:32 »

Well there you go, it was the lure of being GK coach and security that lured Hale away, perhaps he thinks he will look good in in a bomber jacket?

I wonder whether Belford will follow him, it seems more his level and a season on vegetarian pies would do him the world of good.

I know nothing of Hale apart from I always thought he came across as a bit of a tool on Twitter, seemed good at polishing diamonds? But there are plenty of GK coaches out there so we move on, although he will now no doubt be elevated to sainthood by many who seek any reason to get at Power along with 'Him' and the lower league Guardiola!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: