Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Three Coaches Depart  (Read 26279 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 17:31:00 »

I don't understand why we're not acknowledging the fact that coaching is essentially a friends network. This was to be expected.

Also, Swindon Town aren't going to be the only L1/L2 side who are unable/unwilling to match FGR's wages.

Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 17:33:32 »

Why would number 1 be worrying?

Because we've had people in coaching roles who we admit aren't very good. In effect, we've been settling for mediocrity.
Slightly less worrying than the others, admittedly, especially at L1 level.

"Absolute Calamity!"
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 17:35:28 »

Why would number 1 be worrying?
Because without something to worry about that would worry some people.
Flashheart

« Reply #63 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 17:43:09 »

Because we've had people in coaching roles who we admit aren't very good. In effect, we've been settling for mediocrity.
Slightly less worrying than the others, admittedly, especially at L1 level.

I think you're scraping the barrel a bit there.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 19:12:27 »

Coaching does seem very friends/network-based, as qualifications only provide a banding, not a mark of excellence. It isn't a 'perfect' market though so there are those who are talented ones operating at lower levels. Also at clubs were they might be frustrated by the 'style' of those above.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 21:53:14 »

I think you're scraping the barrel a bit there.

Probably, to be fair.

I just find it a bit of a concern when non league teams offer our staff better contracts, and they leave.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 07:17:07 »

Granted it looks a bit strange when coaches leave a league club for a non-league club.

However, it has been intimated (or rather confirmd) that there was discontent in the ranks at Swindon. The owner put his faith in one faction, so clearing out the other faction makes sense.

Has the owner backed the right side?

Don't know.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 07:57:01 »

Coopers not a happy bunny over his time here is he. To be honest I have sympathy with him, but its probably best for his future employability if he keeps quieter

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14535846.Ex_boss_Cooper_claims_some_staff_worked__against__him_at_Town/?ref=mr&lp=1

“It’s important that your backroom staff work with you and I knew the guys that I’ve brought in were capable of doing the jobs that I needed and most importantly, they want to work with me and not against me, which is the problem I had at Swindon,” Cooper told BBC Gloucestershire.

“It’s a big thing for a manager, especially with your coach or assistant, that’s he’s got your back and every time you turn your back, he doesn’t try and stick a knife in it, which is a problem I’ve had in the past.”

You probably already heard this quote, if so, apologies.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 10:27:46 »

Who knifed who is the question, it was Williams who was told to stay away I thought!  Cooper is a loser and not helped his cause one iota.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 11:43:49 »

He really is coming across as a bitter cunt isn't he? If things were as bad as he is making out why didn't he jump ship to Sheffield Wednesday when he had the chance?
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 15:30:46 »

Granted it looks a bit strange when coaches leave a league club for a non-league club.

However, it has been intimated (or rather confirmd) that there was discontent in the ranks at Swindon. The owner put his faith in one faction, so clearing out the other faction makes sense.

Has the owner backed the right side?

Don't know.

So it's a similar situation to the one that got us relegated under Wilson, but with coaching factions rather than players? If so, getting rid of one faction is not only sensible, it's vital.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 15:39:27 »

Im a touch confused here, i thought these three staff members chose to leave, they havent been got rid of as such and are you saying that now a youth team manager, a goalkeeping coach and an academy fitness coach were the root of last seasons problems so now everything will be alright next season?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 15:50:04 »

With all the injuries, and recurring injuries, last season perhaps a new fitness coach is needed.

It was mentioned on here a few times some players appeared unfit.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 16:12:13 »

It was the academy fitness coach that has left not the first team one
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 16:47:25 »

Shame
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: