Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another new manager thread.  (Read 49135 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 18:14:48 »

We now have a pretty good idea of the sort of thing we're looking for, to me Chris Ramsey fits the bill.....available, realistic status and would seemingly would fit the Swindon Way.  Of course, we've no idea if he could get on with Power, Williams etc.

You forgot to mention he's a former player, something that has always served us well and resulted in success. As for getting on with power it shouldn't be that hard all he's got to do is read out the team sheet which gets faxed over from Switzerland on Saturday morning and all the rest is taken care of.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 18:19:35 »

Couldn't agree more, Bassam has left the Adver now, anyone notice? Thought not. Evidence would suggest Lee Power agrees with you as well.

"Dear Advr

I like to resing now please from my job with the Washington Gazette"

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 18:40:17 »

Andrew Steele-Davis seems to have an obsession with mentioning Ian Baraclough on Twitter. Any substance or just trying to make out he knows more than he actually does?
Think he was interviewed last time with Ling and Derry according to reports at the time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 18:47:51 »

Quote from: Sir red ken
We now have a pretty good idea of the sort of thing we're looking for, to me Chris Ramsey fits the bill.....available, realistic status and would seemingly would fit the Swindon Way.  Of course, we've no idea if he could get on with Power, Williams etc.
You forgot to mention he's a former player, something that has always served us well and resulted in success. As for getting on with power it shouldn't be that hard all he's got to do is read out the team sheet which gets faxed over from Switzerland on Saturday morning and all the rest is taken care of.

ignoring Jimmy Quinn and Iffy. but then we sold all our best players and,, oh..

Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 22:35:26 »

ignoring Jimmy Quinn and Iffy. but then we sold all our best players and,, oh..

Smiley

I deliberately didn't mention Rambo's ex player status, as all the previous incumbents of the post got us relegated. Lingy didn't hang about long enough to find out.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 22:37:52 »

Not sure about manager, but would love to find another right back like him. That's how we used to change the floodlight bulbs back them, give one to the oppo's left winger and he'd change it when Rambo kicked him up there!
willwalder

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 12:28:32 »

Think he was interviewed last time with Ling and Derry according to reports at the time.

I think those reports might have been wide of the mark
lambourn red

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 14:06:45 »

looking pretty likely that Williams will get the gig until the end of the season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35205581
Sir red ken

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 15:28:34 »

looking pretty likely that Williams will get the gig until the end of the season

Well if the appointment of ex players hasn't worked out to well for us, we can always look at the success achived by promoting the next guy up from the back room staff. That's always delivered.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 15:52:39 »

Right, let's attempt to make a pioneering statement to the World, given we have an opportunity to do so in light of the depression issue.

Appoint Stan Collymore, a guy who doesn't dance around subjects and I believe would thin out the ranks of under performers.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 15:55:27 »

Well if the appointment of ex players hasn't worked out to well for us, we can always look at the success achived by promoting the next guy up from the back room staff. That's always delivered.

It's a fair point, however whereas all our ex players pre Lingy got us relegated, only 2 of the 4 internals got us relegated.  

The exceptions, Ken Beamish who had the advantage of no relegation from Div 4, but did compensate by achieving our lowest ever league finish; and Andy King who actually kept us up one season. The other 2 culprits Les Allen and John Gorman.  Trolly and Iffy had the distinction of being both ex players and internals  Smiley

Should we be worried if Williams gets the gig....January's games will probably tell us.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 16:02:49 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 16:21:24 »

Yep looks pretty certain. I'm unsure how I feel about it, but at least I don't get an impending sense of doom Paul Hart style.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 16:28:20 »

We'll be fine mate. Has anyone considered Paolo Do Canio as a real fuck you to the FA.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 16:35:15 »

Almost as if Williams didn't want the job last time because of lack of players available! Now he has a good selection available he might be interested!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 16:42:24 »

Almost as if Williams didn't want the job last time because of lack of players available! Now he has a good selection available he might be interested!
Or maybe it was that Power knew wins were unlikely, given the injury crisis we were experiencing, and decided that he didn't want Williams in the firing line?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: