Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans Phone-in  (Read 24649 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:15:09 »

TBH, I would think people would prefer to question Power than Lingy. Things on the pitch most people understand and accept, it's the club people want to know more about not the team.

IMHO, of course.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:19:54 »

Power that evil evil man.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:21:08 »

TBH, I would think people would prefer to question Power than Lingy.

Can you think of a question that has not already been asked, and answered?

If so note it down for the next opportunity to ask such a question.... and then ask it.
Talk Talk

« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:24:01 »

IMHO, of course.

I'm not sure that acronym works for you, Audrey. Humble?

Can anybody suggest a better one?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:24:49 »

I always thought it meant "In My Honest Opinion" IMHO
Talk Talk

« Reply #35 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:27:05 »

I always thought it meant "In My Honest Opinion" IMHO

That's even worse for Audrey..?

Grin
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:29:04 »

Surely the mods that be should change the acronym IMHO (and the equally annoying IMO) to I'm A Homo just for shits and giggles.
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:35:14 »

"In my Homo opinion"

I could probably do that but playing about with mod buttons whilst drunk often does not end well.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:45:04 »

TBH, I would think people would prefer to question Power than Lingy. Things on the pitch most people understand and accept, it's the club people want to know more about not the team.

IMHO, of course.
And what exactly is it you want to question? The club has bought a training ground, sorted the floodlights, last season they even sorted the PA system in the DRS. These are all things that not even Fitton and co achieved so demonstrate Power does spend money when and where it is required....
On the pitch people moan about the recruitment but low and behold suddenly now our players are returning to fitness we are winning games again, so maybe just maybe  the recruitment wasn't actually as bad as some make out...

Until I see a winding up order in the Gazette or evidence of financial wrongdoings somewhere then I'm willing to give Power the benefit of the doubt. So far during his time here from the outside it looks like the club is stable and building for the future, I even find his no bullshit approach with the media refreshing!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:47:08 »

I'm intrigued. Which questions would people like to have been asked by Hodgetts and/or callers during this call in?

Just listened, seemed a fair enough hour to me. Quite enjoyed it.

My comment was aimed at SH not pushing Power for straight answers when he gives vague and flippant answers. I'm not surprised though, a combination of Advergate and the commentary going to Brunel Radio last time BBC Wilts showed some balls means he's in a tricky position.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #40 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:52:04 »

I was surmising as to why no fans phoned in - not that I wanted questions answered.

You're right, everything has been asked -not all answered - so the phone-in has probably served its purpose.

If there is just one question I would like to know the answer to is who actually owns the training ground. And if not the club,  then does the club pay the owner a rent for a specified term.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:53:08 »

You'd need Power for that one Audry, this was a football based Ling one.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:56:04 »

Exactly my point. Maybe fans would rather ask about the club than the team
Talk Talk

« Reply #43 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 22:00:14 »

And what exactly is it you want to question? The club has bought a training ground, sorted the floodlights, last season they even sorted the PA system in the DRS. These are all things that not even Fitton and co achieved so demonstrate Power does spend money when and where it is required....
On the pitch people moan about the recruitment but low and behold suddenly now our players are returning to fitness we are winning games again, so maybe just maybe  the recruitment wasn't actually as bad as some make out...

Until I see a winding up order in the Gazette or evidence of financial wrongdoings somewhere then I'm willing to give Power the benefit of the doubt. So far during his time here from the outside it looks like the club is stable and building for the future, I even find his no bullshit approach with the media refreshing!

Far too reasonable and valid.

Stoppit

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 22:00:24 »

Meh. These phone ins are always a load of bollocks. Who gives a shit....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: