Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125890 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:46:04 »

Power can forget getting his hands on the Eady money to kit the new training ground out with.  They think he's a crook and have no intention of letting him near the money.

Care to elaborate?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:47:39 »

Power can forget getting his hands on the Eady money to kit the new training ground out with.  They think he's a crook and have no intention of letting him near the money.

I know I am going to get shot down for asking this but - on what basis/evidence do they think he is a crook, to be making such statements in the public domain they must have a basis for it - getting such things out and the details to back them up would obviously help reveal what the gentleman is really like (nad move this whole sorry debacle forward) instead of just supposition and twitterings on social media?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:47:58 »

It's not the first time I've heard that the Eady Estate don't trust Lee Power.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:56:14 »

To put some perspective on things I note that with pledges the Trust now estimate that the Red Army Fund will raise c.£10k a year, so that is less that 1/6th of what the club just spent on the floodlights - at that rate its going to be 50 years to pay for the roof on the bank? Nor knocking the Trust in the slightest but ultimately there seems little momentum for fan ownership or an involvement that would make Power have to listen to the fans?

The Red Army Fund, was not just for a roof on SB, but to do other things as well, like improve disabled facilities and community fan causes, which they have started on in the meantime.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 14:00:12 »

Power can forget getting his hands on the Eady money to kit the new training ground out with.  They think he's a crook and have no intention of letting him near the money.
This I would like to here more of. PM if you don't want to put it out there.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 14:04:50 »

I know I am going to get shot down for asking this but - on what basis/evidence do they think he is a crook, to be making such statements in the public domain they must have a basis for it - getting such things out and the details to back them up would obviously help reveal what the gentleman is really like (nad move this whole sorry debacle forward) instead of just supposition and twitterings on social media?

I very much doubt they've stated that in public. Just FCBs interpretation of why funds aren't being released?

I'd be amazed if the estates lawyers didn't want cast iron guarantees that the money would solely be provided for the good of the club. That's not the same as calling Power a crook, just a stipulation of use of the cash.

« Last Edit: Monday, January 18, 2016, 14:06:43 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 14:13:14 »

I very much doubt they've stated that in public. Just FCBs interpretation of why funds aren't being released?

I'd be amazed if the estates lawyers didn't want cast iron guarantees that the money would solely be provided for the good of the club. That's not the same as calling Power a crook, just a stipulation of use of the cash.

Well it has now been stated in public and is now on the interest for all to see.....

The estates caveats make perfect sense, but thinking about the terms of the will its going to be very hard to meet that criteria whilst the club remains in private hands, taking the training ground as an example, even if the ground was owned by Swindon Town Football Club Ltd, that is essentially a subsidiary of Seebeck, which is a subsidiary of Swinton Reds Ltd.... going to be a legal minefield to sort that out and put the protections in place.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 14:27:15 »

That's a bit moronic saying that with no backup. If it was me being slated/slandered. I'd  be asking the mods for claimants details. I'd be very careful of what you think is an anonymous comment!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 14:28:07 »

Well it has now been stated in public and is now on the interest for all to see.....

Link?

If you are talking about fan opinion on an internet opinion , that does not count as "being stated". If its come from Eady's estate fair enough.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 14:47:04 »

Link?

If you are talking about fan opinion on an internet opinion , that does not count as "being stated". If its come from Eady's estate fair enough.

I am being a little mischievous here but I am indeed talking about post #314 on this thread which states for posterity in full public view that 'Power can forget getting his hands on the Eady money to kit the new training ground out with.  They think he's a crook and have no intention of letting him near the money.'

It doesn't suggest that it is the posters opinion and could be construed by anyone stumbling across this as being based wholly on fact.

I am taking this to extremes  to illustrate a point here, but actually this just illustrates how this whole topic has just become polarised and weird, there would be nothing to stop someone from the Adver site for instance to now state on there that the estate think he is a crook as they have seen it mentioned on the net somewhere - hopefully someone would pick them up and ask for evidence/source (hopefully not getting the same shoeing that people get for asking likewise on here) and see if came  from here and thus everyone could move on but once its out there, its out there and always at the back of peoples mind.

Anyone would think I have got an important piece of work to finish that I don't want to!  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 14:57:52 »

I am being a little mischievous here but I am indeed talking about post #314 on this thread which states for posterity in full public view that 'Power can forget getting his hands on the Eady money to kit the new training ground out with.  They think he's a crook and have no intention of letting him near the money.'

It doesn't suggest that it is the posters opinion and could be construed by anyone stumbling across this as being based wholly on fact.
Well they could. But unless the poster is identified as authorised to speak on behalf of the estate, which I very much doubt, they'd have no basis for doing so whatever. All they could *reasonably* construe is that the poster claims that is the opinion of the estate. Any comeback would be on the poster, not the estate. Otherwise, you'd be liable for any bizarre claim anyone wanted to make about your opinions, irrespective of whether you even held them, much less had publicly stated them.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 15:03:20 »

Well they could. But unless the poster is identified as authorised to speak on behalf of the estate, which I very much doubt, they'd have no basis for doing so whatever. All they could *reasonably* construe is that the poster claims that is the opinion of the estate. Any comeback would be on the poster, not the estate. Otherwise, you'd be liable for any bizarre claim anyone wanted to make about your opinions, irrespective of whether you even held them, much less had publicly stated them.

Just a good thing we have Power rather than Oyston really.....
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 15:07:30 »

The estates caveats make perfect sense, but thinking about the terms of the will its going to be very hard to meet that criteria whilst the club remains in private hands, taking the training ground as an example, even if the ground was owned by Swindon Town Football Club Ltd, that is essentially a subsidiary of Seebeck, which is a subsidiary of Swinton Reds Ltd.... going to be a legal minefield to sort that out and put the protections in place.

Have to agree

Having the Eady estate (and not STFC) own the 50 year peppercorn lease would probably be a necessary minimum and even then not secure as Power otherwise controls both the Landlord and the Tenant.  Could even be a role for the Supporters' Trust if the Eady estate were to trust that entity in the longer term.

Nothing to do with Power personally but you cannot trust an entity like STFC, one minute controlled by Power and in the future by whom?

Is this training ground really THE BEST answer for the medium term of STFC for training and attracting new players at youth level and above or is it just a site that happens to adjoin land Power is acquiring for overriding personal investment purposes where getting a training ground use for part might help secure lucrative use for a complementary use on Power's retained part?

The objectives of the Eady estate will be defined in a "letter of wishes" and based on the long term interests of STFC as a professional community football club  (not the current owners).  The objectives of STFC and its various corporate owners are to benefit its shareholders - ultimately Power so far as we know or whoever buys (or inherits) from Power.

« Last Edit: Monday, January 18, 2016, 15:10:51 by RedRag » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 15:16:24 »

Have to agree

Having the Eady estate (and not STFC) own the 50 year peppercorn lease would probably be a necessary minimum and even then not secure as Power otherwise controls both the Landlord and the Tenant.  Could even be a role for the Supporters' Trust if the Eady estate were to trust that entity in the longer term.

Nothing to do with Power personally but you cannot trust an entity like STFC, one minute controlled by Power and in the future by whom?

Is this training ground really THE BEST answer for the medium term of STFC for training and attracting new players at youth level and above or is it just a site that happens to adjoin land Power is acquiring for overriding personal investment purposes where getting a training ground use for part might help secure lucrative use for a complementary use on Power's retained part?

The objectives of the Eady estate will be defined in a "letter of wishes" and based on the long term interests of STFC as a professional community football club  (not the current owners).  The objectives of STFC and its various corporate owners are to benefit its shareholders - ultimately Power so far as we know or whoever buys (or inherits) from Power.

I have no idea, what is clear on here is that you would struggle to find any town fans who could even agree what is best for the long term benefit of the club...

Ultimately in the next 50 years the club can and will change hands, the Trust may ebb and flow in diverse contrast to the fortunes of the club.... so what is still here in 50 years time who knows?

Except the good old TEF where everyone will still be arguing about the owners....

and discussing cheese.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 15:33:46 »

I'm confident I won't be around in 50 years time but I'm sure the next generation will indeed carry the torch and maintain the universal values of the TEF of moaning, discussing cheese and all the while maintaining the 80% bollocks threshold.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: