Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 25945 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 19:09:10 »

I wanna know what the duck behind him is whispering into his ear.

*Edit. I think he's telling a joke: "I saw a duck in a pub last night leave his drink but, personally, I'd a downed that one"

See what I did there?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 23:25:30 »

I don't normally watch/have an interest in rugby but I stuck the last ten minutes of the Japan match on and bugger me but I was getting into it. Nothing quite like a field full of 20+stone blokes crying like they've won the whole tournament. Great stuff.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 23:26:41 »

Fowl
Skinny Pete

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 05:56:44 »

South Africa deserve to lose with a player whose first name is Bismarck FFS.

He was well and truly sunk!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 08:20:12 »

I just watched ITV's highlights. They managed to miss a Japan penalty, a Japan try (A TRY FFS!!) and there was no clock displaying the time left so you didn't actually realise that the winning try was right at the very death.
Just when I thought I couldn't hate ITV any more than I do, they've surpassed themselves.

Truly amazing result and performance, in spite of ITV's best attempts to balls it up.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 11:28:22 »

Its been brilliant so far, no real drubbings of anyone, and just as I thought Georgia beating Tonga might be the biggest shock Japan go and beat the Saffas - brilliant performance, and what a finish.

I went to Wembley yesterday for the NZ v Argentina game. All I can say is Wow. On the 3 previous times I've been to the new version, the atmosphere has been crap, full of whingy, pissed up twats. Yesterday showed me that it is possible to have a good atmosphere there, it was buzzing right from the start, mostly down to the Argies who never stopped singing the whole time. Great game, and although you always felt NZ had another gear to go into, it was close enough to feel a shock was possible until the last 10/15 minutes or so. Record attendance for a RWC match, so sorry to the purists amongst you, but I suspect we may see more egg chasing there in the future.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 15:10:11 »

Wembley stadium would happily host an under-7's Sack Race if the money was right.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 12:20:48 »

Enjoyed the USA Samoa game at the Amex on Sunday - the executive suite 1901 club being open for free to the sel ect few who asked  Smiley (Groucho: I wouldn't want to be a member of any club which accepted me as a member?).  My first trip to a football ground with padded seats that I've liked (the opposite to Stad MK) and a decent atmosphere too.  Would really, really love it if we could one day have a new Town Centre Stadium with the old floodlights preserved with a few new bulbs.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 21:36:25 »

Oh good lord. He's going with a midfield of Farrell, Burgess and Barritt against Wales. That is brave. Very brave, but a huge change to something England have never tried before for a crucial game.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 22:15:04 »

Wales rely on bulk, so if you can compete with them on that, you open up the backs - we out muscled them in Wales last time out.  With Joseph out I'd imagine Farrell is in to offer up a secure defensive line with Ford able to come on later with the legs tired.  Burgess just has something about him that seems to put the shitter up opposition players - tie in the midfield, make room for May, Watson and Brown.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 20:58:05 »

Bugger (not Dan)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
woolster

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:00:13 »

the taffs deserved it
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:04:02 »

Distraught  Hmmm
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:06:35 »

Absolutely stunning performance from the Welsh 2nd 15 😀 . That was one heck of a come back with half a team against the hosts.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, September 26, 2015, 21:17:07 »

Bovvered.  Still dont really get it.  They certainly seem to care about it more than us.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: