Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 101045 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 08:51:39 »

Sounds like a manager (with a stupid budget) and a team under real pressure to me. Lovely stuff.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 09:07:04 »

Stick their greasy chip butties up their arse.
To be fair, if you're going to stick a chip butty up your arse, you'd want it nice and greasy. And nice soft bread too, no baguettes or crusty rolls. Not that I'm suggesting anyone should do such a thing, just saying the greasy aspect might be quite handy in that particular circumstance.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 09:11:27 »

To be fair, if you're going to stick a chip butty up your arse, you'd want it nice and greasy. And nice soft bread too, no baguettes or crusty rolls. Not that I'm suggesting anyone should do such a thing, just saying the greasy aspect might be quite handy in that particular circumstance.

There's a man talking from experience Smiley
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 09:26:28 »

Stick their greasy gravy-covered chip butties up their arse.

*fixed for you.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 09:44:31 »

thanks and well done jay. the streamers and stuff were very good.  COYR

allez allez allez oh...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 10:01:13 »

thanks and well done jay. the streamers and stuff were very good.  COYR

allez allez allez oh...

Thanks. Got that and more for Monday night.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 10:03:34 »

http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/05/highlights-sheffield-united-1-swindon-town-2/

Nice Smiley
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 10:31:26 »

It will be vitally important to score first on Monday. Conceding first will obviously hand the momentum to SU.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 10:33:36 »

As long as Swindon don't try and defend the one goal lead for 90 minutes, I'll be content.

The Play-Off pendulum probably has a few more swings in it yet, we've seen some heavy defeats at the CG this season. This isn't over.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 10:57:44 »

First chance to post after the game, so here goes

I thought the atmosphere was brilliant, the streamers really set up the fans for the game, I think that as fans if we can get the tempo up at the start it keeps going, but if its sluggish it can stay that way too!  Although now that the bar has been set us lazy fans are going to expect this level of dedication and hard work from those committed few but definitely take a bow Jay Box.

With regards to the players I as impressed with Smithy thought he led the line well, did loads of donkey work that help the team, I thought Hylton grew into the game and showed promise.  I thought that Byrne didnt attack the byline enough, but he was always available, and took 2 or even 3 players out of the game by sucking them in which freed up more space for others, also he scored, won a penalty and crossed for the first goal!  My MOM though was Kasim who looked back to his best and just tidied up all game!

When the second goal went in the roof (well the netting above) almost came off through sheer relief and excitement, but I would have been disappointed if my lad hadnt at least got a hand to that shot though.

I thought the players celebrations at the end of the game was fairly muted, possibly because Branco wasn't there.

I am still a bit concerned because of our home form, but they will be forced to attack so I am hopeful that we can pick them off and if we get one I think we can really turn it on and get a morale boosting performance ahead of the big W    

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 12:46:47 »

The usual Iraqi made video of Kasims touches in that first leg

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #566 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 13:26:44 »

Yes, because if the boot had been on the other foot and they'd won 2-1 at the CG with a stoppage time winner the Sheffield Utd players wouldn't have celebrated at all would they??

Fuck off you bitter northern cunts.
Spot fucking on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 13:30:50 »

I think Jay has won as many plaudits from this as the players themselves. Not unwarranted either. Good job fella.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #568 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 13:36:45 »

I hate trash talk via the press. It just comes off as petty and desperate.

Stick this on the dressing room wall, or something like that.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-u/they-think-it-s-all-over-but-we-ll-see-about-that-clough-1-7252439
Another slight rehash with different wording from the Norvern Monkeys.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-town-are-warned-they-ve-written-the-blades-team-talk-1-7251992

TBF I didn't think we celebrated enough at the final whistle and as stated above Sky complimented us for not over celebrating.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
EldeneRed

« Reply #569 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 14:07:52 »

The way that Nigel Clough lost his composure in the latter part, and after the game; coupled with the calls for his head on Greasy Chip Butty fan forums really shows the amount of chaos around this Sheffield United team, in stark contrast to the always calm and collected (When he's not jumping around the technical area) Cooper. I think if we get an early goal and get Clough all red faced and whiney again, we can take them apart.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: