Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 98547 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 23:50:30 »

So, this is it. The end of the phoney war, the end of the beginning, and the beginning of the end-game.

The Frog takes his fragile unbeaten thread-starting record on to Bramall Lane, along with himself in a few hours, to join the um, purple and black throngs and a skyful of red and white streamers to cheer our noble band of brothers and assorted mercenaries on to victory.

Sean Bean, Jessica Ennis, Joe Root, Chris Wilder (yup, apparently), the Human League, ABC, Heaven 17, Clock DVA, Cabaret Voltaire, Arctic Monkeys, Def Leppard, Jarvis Cocker… clear the stage for SWINDON TOWN FC.

We're mauve
We're black
We won't be coming back.
SWINDON TOWN. SWINDON TOWN.

PS. Remember to vote!

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 00:36:18 »

At work till at least 4:00, on a train at 9:25 via the polling station.

Fucking love the playoffs!

brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 05:43:46 »

Sheff utd will probably have Davis up front kicking and elbowing trying to get one of defenders sent off so we'll need a stronger referee than our last visit.As long as we play like we can then I can see us coming away with a lead,2-1 Gladwin and Stephens
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 06:06:28 »

Sheff utd will probably have Davis up front kicking and elbowing trying to get one of defenders sent off so we'll need a stronger referee than our last visit.As long as we play like we can then I can see us coming away with a lead,2-1 Gladwin and Stephens

Was he that fat knacker who should have been sent off last time?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 06:20:36 »

Think we'll get a draw. would take a one goal defeat though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 06:25:31 »

Not sure what's happened, was extremely nervous about this one, but I'm suddenly not. Suppose its because it only the first leg, and its likely going to be tight (don't quote me on that).

COYR
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:05:07 »

Met the team coach just after 6 pm on the A419 last night, so at least they were safely to bed by about 10 last night, are they training at the Wednesday ground this morning?
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:05:15 »

And the nerves begin.

Have a look at Sam's letter, makes for some good reading http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/05/the-play-offs-an-open-letter-to-swindon-town/
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:47:36 »

Twas Higdon
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:49:32 »

No,that was Higdon,Davis is a slimmer thug but thug nonetheless
kerry red

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:50:47 »

And the nerves begin.

Have a look at Sam's letter, makes for some good reading http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/05/the-play-offs-an-open-letter-to-swindon-town/

Wipes tear from eye
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:52:52 »

Already up and voted despite being on a late last night. London > Swindon > Warwick > Sheff and back in a day. Going to be a long one but worth it.
kerry red

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:55:51 »

I really should be going to this but the mates I go with are staying overnight in the hotel next to the ground.

Instead I'll make do with The Merlin, Mrs Audrey and a box of Kleenex for whichever way it may go!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 08:03:45 »

Way more nervous today than Brentford games, anyone else?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 08:06:52 »

Leaving here 1 or 2. Looking forward to this. Sheff Utd a proper football club, a proper stadium and proper fans who know what its like to be fucked over by the authorities a la Tevez. The love stops there, however, as we need to get through. Should be a great atmosphere between two recently underperforming teams. Its not only a case of which Swindon turns up but also which Sheff Utd turns up. It really is a game that is impossible to predict. Hopefully it will be decided on the pitch rather than the whim of a ref or lino. I have a real feeling Luongo is going to be the man and Gladwin not far behind him.
I'm going for 1-2 with Luongo and Gladwin scoring with 1200 Town in a crowd of 27500.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: