Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Windies v England  (Read 21644 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 19:54:47 »

More likely to than any other player.  Sheringham and Cole managed ok.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 20:55:57 »

Whatever's happened, you can't have someone like that back in the dressing room. Not unless the whole setup changes. Too many cross words have been said and bridges burnt. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.

If that's the way it is, why did the ECB chairman say the door was open leading Pietersen to cutting his IPL contract short?

Whilst I'm sure he doesn't need the money, Pietersen has lost a fair chunk of money for no reason at all.

If the ECB keep on digging the players won't need a plane to get to Australia for the next Ashes series down under.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 15:15:46 »

Really excellent piece on the ridiculous scheduling that has a lot to do with the retirements of Swann and perhaps Trott: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/may/05/jonathan-trott-early-retirement-england-cricket

As for Somerset Reg...can't disagree with much of what you've said. A lot of the problems are bad luck, especially Kieswetter and Compton leaving after we'd already sorted the overseas. I think Rehman will come into his own in the second half of the season, and Cooper and Allenby will be good in the one day stuff at least, but it's going to be a tough season. An innings and a 62 to Worcestershire, my word.

Well the mighty Cidermen managed to survive and even win a game....next season will see Div 1, consist of the Test ground counties and Somerset.

Been a terrible summer, with only an occasional bright spot.....namely the emergence of Abell; Leach finally getting a look in and the Overtons continuing to develop.

Tresco, for better or worse is carrying on, and has been getting runs, Hildreth is still class and Trego a good team man. Gregory had a good start to the season, but less form at the later end.

The Great Alphonso has gone....plenty of work to do in the winter. Need an effective overseas, a wicketkeeper who can bat and something solid for 3 or 5. A left arm swinger would also be desirable.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 15:29:53 »

Hildreth and Tres ended the season as 1st and 3rd highest run scorers in the division - although in Tres' case that was largely due to an unbelievable purple patch in the last month or so of the season. The real worry is that the players we brought in last winter- Cooper, Allenby, Rehman - were a disaster. Lots of exciting young players though with Gregory, Abell, the Overtons and now Leach and Hose emerging.

I think Ronchi might well be back as the overseas next season, then we need a middle order bat and we might well do alright.

Sussex went down on the last day after Hampshire pulled off a great escape - does Mex still post around here? I think he was a Sussex member.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 15:41:42 »

Hildreth and Tres ended the season as 1st and 3rd highest run scorers in the division - although in Tres' case that was largely due to an unbelievable purple patch in the last month or so of the season. The real worry is that the players we brought in last winter- Cooper, Allenby, Rehman - were a disaster. Lots of exciting young players though with Gregory, Abell, the Overtons and now Leach and Hose emerging.

I think Ronchi might well be back as the overseas next season, then we need a middle order bat and we might well do alright.

Sussex went down on the last day after Hampshire pulled off a great escape - does Mex still post around here? I think he was a Sussex member.

I wouldn't mind Ronchi, if he's not required by NZ, but prefer a fella who will give you a season. There was some talk of Chris Rogers....

Normally I'd prefer Hampshire over Sussex, but don't want to see Div 1 just become the preserve of Test ground counties, so wouldn't have minded if Sussex had stayed up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: