Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 93356 times)
kerry red

« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 11:13:15 »

Lots of records have been broken this year...

City beating us for the first time in 12 years
We actually scored and won away at Orient, Notts County and Doncaster
We've had a 20+ goals striker since Paynter in 2009/10

There are probably more than that but why not add ending our losing streak at Wembley to the list? We have players capable of putting in top performances like the first half of the season. Let's do it. Let's go up from wembley and give us a day out to remember.
Does 2 constitute a streak?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 11:13:56 »

We are doing it the right way, which is good, but on the other hand I wouldn't complain if we doing it the Bristol City/Bournemouth way. All though long term isn't ideal, but I bet most fans would love to see us in their position.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 11:29:02 »

FUCK YEAH!

Fuck yeah!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 11:36:01 »

Wouldn't mind a JET on our subs bench, be lucky to field a full bench on Saturday!

Emmanuel-Thomas would be good on any League One sides bench. Their rise coincides with the dropping/being less reliant on him. The ultimate luxury player.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 11:38:25 »

Please can Preston win the league?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 11:43:00 »

Well, I enjoyed (if you can enjoy a 3.0 defeat) that much more than Saturday's limp wristed effort. City showed why they're at the top: well organised, resilient and some good individual players. Our midfield was immense for most of the game, unfortunately the same couldn't be said of the defence or attack.

If we play at that tempo in our remaining games and do some work on the training ground around tightening the defence, we should be ok going into the playoffs. What happens then is anyone's guess.

I agree with this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 11:52:47 »

Well I have had a few days to think about our last 2 games without knee jerk reaction which can come straight after a game.

MK Dongs game, defensively poor with Branco making mistakes, we played the wrong formation for a home game with 5 centre backs and one striker...not at home for me. MK basically scored every time we made a defensive mistake.

Shitheads 82ers yesterday....we murdered them in possession and made them look a very ordinary side for 90% of the game.....but possession does not win and lose games, goals win games, we didn't really look like scoring despite having 500 shots against shitty to their 3, they still scored every chance they had pretty much...thats the biggest difference between the sides.

They are competent at best as a team, they defend well and attack fast, without Freeman they would be a toothless damp squib as an attacking force, Agard is a whingy moaner who is on about the same wages as out whole team are on!

Flint....yes he is an utter cunt, I don't blame him saying what he did because he knows a lot of our fans hate him for how he left etc etc but that was quite unprofessional but I know why he did it. It will come back and bite his arse, he may relish it or he may buckle under the pressure...we will see and probably soon because IMO he will get found out badly in the Championship.

Our overall performance was fairly good but we made 3 fuck ups and got punished, we made loads of chances and failed to score, we do miss Louis more than I thought we might so we need to just get back to basics this weekend and without Branco playing I think we will look a more solid unit at the back.

Branco scares me and should not be in our starting line up at the moment for me, end of subject.

Yes we won't be going up in the autos but we could still make it through the play offs because it will be down to who performs best on the day of the match, we have the ability to beat anyone in this league but we need to believe as a team like we did earlier in the season.

Oh and the shitty fans were really quiet all game until their 2nd went in, poor atmosphere for such a massive club.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:01:18 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:01:34 »

Have to agree with both halfs of that Sippo. And I'd far rather we were doing it the way we are now than when we were the ones throwing unsustainable amounts of cash about.

Except in Bristol's case, it may not be unsustainable. They're not a Bournemouth or a Wigan, artificially elevated by their owner's injection of cash. Lansdown's a Walker or Hayward or Madejski figure, building a great ground and maybe finally defibrillating the comatose giant of England's 6th(?) city, which should - and could - be capable of 25-30k crowds. It might just work - he's certainly shown the required patience.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:11:13 »

Exactly, its only unsustainable if Lansdown gets bored/goes bust. Even then he's not the type to sell to a Jed is he, he's emotionally invested as much as financially.

I'd love an owner like him. But we haven't got one, so we have to do we what we are doing.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:15:11 »

Playoff final, I can see Branco scoring the winner!!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:21:58 »

Playoff final, I can see Branco being suspended.

The most shocking thing for me was that he never even looked for the ball at corners. Only focused on wrestling Flint. How does a footballer even manage to do that?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:43:46 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:22:24 »

Playoff final, I can see Branco scoring the winner!!

Well he hasn't scored an own goal yet I guess.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:23:51 »

Oh, and the other thing I forgot to mention - arriving late, I got shepherded through the first turnstiles that came up in the Atyeo stand - which of course was the home side of it, as I discovered when I tried to inform a gentleman that he was in my seat and became dimly aware of the fact that he, and a lot of his row, appeared to be wearing City shirts. Luckily, I wasn't in a Town top, and realised my mistake before he and his friends did.

But still, you'd think those automated ticket scanners would recognise that I had a ticket for another section. Welcome to hell indeed.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:34:37 »

Haha. "Hell" was a lot less intimidating than i was expecting.

It sold me a pretty nice hot dog and I saw a few strange people waving their arms about. There was one bloke (sounded a bit like Worzel Gummidge) running around shouting something about inbreds and roundabouts as we left "hell". No idea what that was about but he seemed to be enjoying himself!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 12:37:24 »

The chap in an old yellow City away shirt?

He certainly didn't appear to be a member of 'good stock'.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: