Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BTCC 2015  (Read 15909 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 10:46:04 »

I know. It just sounded as if the rules ought to be tightened to make a better spectacle.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 10:46:22 »

Cheesy

over-stewarding and extra rules would be crap, I like the BTCC for how open it is, the access you get to the teams and all that jazz! Don't want it to head towards F1 territory!

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 11:11:42 »

Well if there aren't any rules, you can't complain about underhand tactics then!

It's sort of like Rollercar if I understand correctly.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 11:38:57 »

Yeah, Leggett is right.

There are rules, they are just perceived differently depending on what end of them you are.  The series doesn't need any tightening up and made more clinical, it works as it is, they just maybe need to make it clearer at what point certain things become unacceptable, but this is always going to be open to an individuals opinion, so it's difficult to enforce.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:33:07 »

Aaaanyways, the silly season had already started before the last race, Jeff Smith and Martin Depper are getting three spanking new Civic Type Rs for next season, lots of speculation over who will drive the third (as you'd expect, that's an in-demand car!)

Neal and Shedds confirmed at Honda again next year.

Plato and Turkington signed multi-years deals with BMR so expect to see them there again next year, not sure what they'll be driving yey. Team owner Said they're looking at a couple or options.

Rob Austin building two new cars. Dan Welch also building two new cars.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 11, 2016, 23:58:23 »

Bumped into a certain Mr Rob Austin on iracing (A racing simulator), racing around Brands Hatch GP in Kia Optimas (The only Touring Car-esque thing on the sim at the minute, they've scanned the Civic and BMW but have yet to release them...) and for 9 laps I was less than a second off him which I'm very happy with, got tangled up with a back marker into Paddock Hill bend so dropped 5 seconds back, but still very happy indeed with my pace!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: