Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boxing  (Read 107384 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 13:51:19 »

I don't know a great deal about Boxing, but apparently Khan won't fight Brook as they just don't get on...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36250271
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 14:02:09 »

I don't know a great deal about Boxing, but apparently Khan won't fight Brook as they just don't get on...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36250271

I obviously know even less, because that sounds like a good reason why people might have a fight.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 14:08:39 »

Good on him.Why would you let someone be able to retire on a shitload of money you earnt them who has blatantly took the piss and dodged every decent fighter they can just to try get a fight with them
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 14:47:22 »

Khan to fight Garcia, if he wins, then he has a better bargaining position for a unification against Brook (Providing he comes through his mandatory) next summer in a big stadium.

This I wont fight him because we don't get on, its just talk to heat the fight up a little, all boxers do the same. Mayweather and Pacman were at it for years.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:03:28 »

Figures might be off then, I was just going off what I had seen reported, but he clearly would have made more fighting Brook at Wembley.

He still chose the harder fight for less money, which whatever way you look at it is stupid. Commendable as a fighter and I don't blame him, but the people managing his career need to have a long hard think about the decision making process.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 09:09:27 »

Figures might be off then, I was just going off what I had seen reported, but he clearly would have made more fighting Brook at Wembley.

He still chose the harder fight for less money, which whatever way you look at it is stupid. Commendable as a fighter and I don't blame him, but the people managing his career need to have a long hard think about the decision making process.

You keep saying that he would have made more money at Wembley without providing any evidence, while your own figures suggest he made more than Froch did for an arguably more saleable fight (lets be honest, Khan has never done as well in Britain as you might expect, and Brook isn't exactly a household name either). Canelo is the biggest PPV star in boxing with Mayweather retired, and Khan has clearly got a very nice pay day.

More to the point, 'managing his career' - the loss to Canelo has boosted his career, he's been called out by all sorts of decent fighters, and could still fight Brook if he wants to, which he clearly doesn't. A loss to Brook, whilst less likely, would more or less end his relevance on the international boxing stage.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 12:52:44 »

You keep saying that he would have made more money at Wembley without providing any evidence, while your own figures suggest he made more than Froch did for an arguably more saleable fight (lets be honest, Khan has never done as well in Britain as you might expect, and Brook isn't exactly a household name either). Canelo is the biggest PPV star in boxing with Mayweather retired, and Khan has clearly got a very nice pay day.

More to the point, 'managing his career' - the loss to Canelo has boosted his career, he's been called out by all sorts of decent fighters, and could still fight Brook if he wants to, which he clearly doesn't. A loss to Brook, whilst less likely, would more or less end his relevance on the international boxing stage.

For arguments sake, say he made more or at least a figure in the same ball park (lets be honest, none of us really know, it's all speculative articles from journalists). It's still a terrible career decision.

I don't think you're appreciating what a brutal KO like that does to a fighter physically both in terms of being more susceptible to KO's in the future and long term health. Brook represented a regular boxing match with a guy Khans size and stature.
Canelo is a much bigger guy and hits like a fucking truck whereas Khan is hardly known for his chin.  The fact Amir's trainer even admits he thought it was stupid to begin with and was then talked in to it tells you everything you need to know. Taking the fight was like playing football on a minefield and being surprised when your leg gets blown off.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 18:50:37 »

Golovkin v Brook Saturday, can't wait for it, what's everyone thinking?
I genuinely think Brook will do it, he looks in cracking shape, he is such an underestimated boxer too, I think we could be in for a massive surprise. He's going to have to box bear on perfectly but I think we can, and will.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 19:23:34 »

I genuinely think Brook will do it, he looks in cracking shape, he is such an underestimated boxer too, I think we could be in for a massive surprise. He's going to have to box bear on perfectly but I think we can, and will.
Not a chance
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 19:36:17 »

Fair play to Brook for taking the fight, but he's going to get brutalised. Same sort of thing as Canelo/Khan really.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 20:54:19 »

Brook has more chance than Khan did against Canelo, at approximately 0.00000001%. Seriously, many people don't understand how good Golovkin is, which is understandable as there are no bells or whistles attached. But take it from someone who knows, there has barely been a Middleweight in history who could hang with GGG, never mind a blown up Welterweight like Brook.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 20:58:27 »

Have you seen Golovkin?

Ok it's boxing so 1 punch and all that but this is a huge mismatch of a fight
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 07:31:26 »

I bet Eubank Jnr is starting to miss his 4 million that daddy cost him!

Fair play to Brook, he has a fighting chance, but is the underdog in this one
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 07:54:10 »

I hope Brook gets smashed to fucking bits
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 08:11:54 »

I hope Brook gets smashed to fucking bits
Any particular reason why?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: