Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise at home  (Read 36242 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 14:06:37 »

Some lovely comments on here about this game and this thread Smiley

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=13830&sid=173b43a4fc841259ffd05f1dbb9d65e7

What a scummy pile of filth from a despicable club and fanbase.

We can't make it hostile....we will see about that!

136 years of history vs 11 years.

Yeah, maybe hostile was a bad choice of words. But Port Vale showed that when there was something different going on i.e. flags etc it made people louder.

This is a great idea in my opinion.

I remember going to a friend's birthday party when I was 7 years old and it was really boring - I couldn't wait until my mum and dad came to pick me up. Conversely, I had much fun at all the other parties I attended. The common denominator in the better events was balloons - something the boring party didn't have. Everyone knows balloons add to an atmosphere!!!!

At least if the game is really crap we can distract ourselves by playing keepie-uppies with the balloons in the stand, or try to gather them all up and tie them to someone as an experiment to see if they can get airborn. It'll be brilliantly funny if one of the balloons drifts on to the pitch whilst the game is going on because one of the players may step on it and scare himself when it goes bang haha.

I don't really care for flags though. They remind me of the time when I was 12 years old and our class was made to do orienteering:
I completely lost my bearings and ended up round the back of the school mound. Some of the older kids were smoking and asked me what I was doing there. I carefully explained I was doing an orienteering exercise but I'd lost my team. They pushed me over and laughed and said maybe it should be called disorienteering. I never wanted to go anywhere near that mound ever again.

I think it's no coincidence that there were a lot of flags about for the orienteering exercise and I encountered hostility like I'd never seen before, so definitely a good idea for the intimidation factor. Combine this with the balloons to get the party atmosphere and you have all the elements there for a good crowd.

Perhaps there could be someone at the front of the stand to conduct the singing? I remember in assembly at school the teachers did this and they pulled the singers putting in the most effort to the front of the assembly hall. Eventually there would be a small group at the front leading the rest. It's a really good idea because if one of your mates gets chosen you put in even more effort because you don't want to be second best.

I get it. Balloons and flags are for kids. Har har chortle chortle. You put some fucking effort into raising the atmosphere then.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #76 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 14:14:26 »

Chomp chomp
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 14:17:03 »

I'd be more worried about their vast travelling army of 250 to be honest

I come from a land down-under
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 14:24:28 »

Chomp chomp

I hate this whole 'fishing' or 'trolling' crap. It's just a lame excuse to be a cunt. "Yeah, I'm going to talk shit about something and generally act like a fool with the sole purpose of pissing someone off."

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
kerry red

« Reply #79 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 14:27:47 »

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 14:45:10 »

Oh dear.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 14:57:13 »

I'd be more worried about their vast travelling army of 250 to be honest
careful now, they are armed with brownie songs and quite possibly a drum.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 15:04:00 »

I hate this whole 'fishing' or 'trolling' crap. It's just a lame excuse to be a cunt. "Yeah, I'm going to talk shit about something and generally act like a fool with the sole purpose of pissing someone off."

I was worried Jay was working too hard, he has finally exploded!

However saw this and can we please arrange similar at the County Ground.... but with a bloody great steam engine!

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/dambusters
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #83 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 15:33:59 »

Quality idea. I'll arrange a bring and buy sale - perhaps at Gary Stanley's annual end of season barbecue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 15:44:45 »

Don't worry about the trolls Jay, they either don't attend or prefer the moaners.
Flashheart

« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 15:50:17 »

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 15:54:47 »

I can confirm that Si Pie never attends or tries to get an atmosphere going. Useless speccy prick.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 16:09:22 »

Cheesy

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 16:23:01 »

Honestly Jay, don’t worry about it. The Trust was getting grief on here a year ago, mainly from the same suspects. It’s your turn now, and whoever sticks their head above the parapet and tries to do something next will no doubt be on the receiving end too.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 16:24:58 »

Change your tampon mate, you're bunged up again.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: