Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 244530 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 22:34:45 »

MK took 66 fans to Oldham tonight...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 22:38:14 »

They're going keep stringing us along, aren't they!?!

Wink
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 22:40:25 »

Fuck yeah!#

Cats are better than dogs FACT
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 09:57:12 »

I don't see us winning at Preston, (but absolute scenes if we do) so in my opinion we need to be ahead of them on points by the time that game comes around
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 10:05:30 »

I don't see us winning at Preston, (but absolute scenes if we do) so in my opinion we need to be ahead of them on points by the time that game comes around

The last time we won at Deepdale was 1986. Who knows... we're breaking loads of other records this season. We might as well break another one. Hopefully we've had our dip and they have one to come.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 10:26:14 »

We've got a slightly easier run in than Preston.

Current average league position of our remaining opponents is 12, whilst Preston's is 10.9.

5 of our 9 games are at home, Preston 4 out of 10.

Our home games are against far weaker opposition than Preston's, the opposite for away games.

I reckon we can take them.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 10:28:32 »

The Franchise took 66 customers to Oldham tonight...

Corrected for you.

The celebrations last night after the second goal showed what great team spirit we've got in the current lot. Wes ran the length of the field to join in, if was great to see

That alone won't be enough to take us up automatically of course, but will certainly help.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 10:30:32 »

Preston look to have really come into their own recently. I'm glad that the recent dip appears to have gone past and we are getting back to something like how we were earlier in the season but I think it might just be a little too late. I still maintain that to finish 3rd and keep the fight for auto going til the end would be a huge achievement.

Here's hoping for a Preston defeat this weekend!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 10:49:05 »

MK took 66 fans to Oldham tonight...

I think home:away fan ratio is the ultimate measure of plasticity, and Franchise must be very high on that scale. The ultimate modern consumers who will engage with football if it's in a nice shiny stadium within 5 miles of their home with easy parking and plastic food on site, but who won't wear out the tires on their well-polished Vauxhall Vectras or sacrifice a night's telly to engage with anything approaching a real football experience.

Also, they're probably embarrassed to be identified without the safety of 7000 like-minded sports-shoppers.

That table exists somewhere - someone care to locate it?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 11:01:55 »

Preston have had their dip. we need to hang on to their coat tails. then hope city beat them
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 11:16:15 »

Preston have had their dip. we need to hang on to their coat tails. then hope city beat them

Yeah they have. But they could very easily lose to Barnsley who are also in form, Fleetwood which is a derby(ish) so anything can happen, City and us. So... let's just hope at least one of those happens!

7 games in 22 days hopefully takes its toll, too.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 11:24:02 »

I still lean towards a Play-Offs finish but coming away from Doncaster with a win which was largely aided by Cooper just going for it shows reassuring intent.

It's all about April.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 11:25:52 »

The chances look like play offs are where it's headed... so hopefully we get a load of wins between now and then anyway. If we end up in 2nd; great. If not, we go into the play offs in form.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 12:06:27 »

I still lean towards a Play-Offs finish but coming away from Doncaster with a win which was largely aided by Cooper just going for it shows reassuring intent.

It's all about April.

could be exciting watching from now on, hopefully less cagey play and just going for it. anyone know how many points needed to guarantee playoffs? as soon as we hit that nothing to lose and everything to gain.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 12:09:52 »

could be exciting watching from now on, hopefully less cagey play and just going for it. anyone know how many points needed to guarantee playoffs? as soon as we hit that nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I'd say we're pretty much there looking at the distance between us and 7th, but that's being optimistic.

It's all guns blazing from here on out, I reckon.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: