Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 244526 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #165 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:40:07 »

It is going to be a tight finish, don't even rule out Bradford, Rochdale, Peterborough and Oldham yet as it won't take much to put a small run of games together 16 or 17 points behind us at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:40:51 »

I watched Flint quite closely against Gillingham. He's still the same player he was here, great in the air, good at getting his massive feet in the way but on the ball he's useless. If it wasn't for him being covered by the other two CB's he would not be as effective. As it happens, the other 2 are very good players and it allows him to the do the basics well.
kerry red

« Reply #167 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:47:27 »

It is going to be a tight finish, don't even rule out Bradford, Rochdale, Peterborough and Oldham yet as it won't take much to put a small run of games together 16 or 17 points behind us at the moment.

I reckon the also rans are total shite - and will remain so.

It's any 2 from 3 and I don't think I will be able to control my bladder if City dip out!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:55:23 »

I reckon the also rans are total shite - and will remain so.

It's any 2 from 3 and I don't think I will be able to control my bladder if City dip out!

God forbid. Give us a derby next year. No local rivalry compares to my hatred of MK.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #169 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:58:27 »

God forbid. Give us a derby next year. No local rivalry compares to my hatred of MK.
Tomorrow is one day I truly want the 82ers to win and win by thrashing them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #170 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 12:02:27 »

Hows about Reading next year?

It would be mighty memorable if they blow it. They are, almost to a man,  convinced they are there already.

If they get well and truly stuffed tomorrow it'll be like  the flat-earthers finding out the world is round.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 12:06:20 »

Nope. My life will not be complete until Franchise go bust. As a west Wiltshireman, I always enjoyed the Brizzle rivalry more than The Thames Valley Irrelevances.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 12:25:45 »

Nope. My life will not be complete until Franchise go bust. As a west Wiltshireman, I always enjoyed the Brizzle rivalry more than The Thames Valley Irrelevances.

I grew up watching us play Reading regularly, just as there climb to the top was beginning to take off under Madjeski (sp). Loved the 3-1, i think? at the MadStad.
kerry red

« Reply #173 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 12:29:42 »

Jo Kuffour's finest hour
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 12:57:07 »

Amen to that.

It must be great being a Slave Trader fan at the moment - cup final, good FA Cup run, only lost three league games so far, stadium being redeveloped. It was great to beat them at the CG but I fear Town will have to beat them again and beat Franchise to have a chance of taking a top two place.

There are going to be a lot of changes in league position between now and the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if come 5pm tomorrow if Town are 2nd and the Slavers 3rd.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:32:02 »

Tomorrow is one day I truly want the 82ers to win and win by thrashing them.

Agree, I'd rather City won tomorrow. If we were to go up, I'd rather we went up with them than Franchise.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:46:48 »

Agree, I'd rather City won tomorrow. If we were to go up, I'd rather we went up with them than Franchise.

I'd favour a 0-0 draw that hopefully allows us to gain 2 points on both of them, preferably accompanied by multiple red cards, fractures and rioting leading to heavy points deductions. Oh, and if possible, both chairmen being found to have bet on their sides to lose.

And maybe an earthquake that destroys the Toilet Bowl.

That is all.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:59:13 »

Well, that too.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 16:08:24 »

I'd favour a 0-0 draw that hopefully allows us to gain 2 points on both of them, preferably accompanied by multiple red cards, fractures and rioting leading to heavy points deductions. Oh, and if possible, both chairmen being found to have bet on their sides to lose.

And maybe an earthquake that destroys the Toilet Bowl.

That is all.

Me too. I'd rather we fought for the two automatic spaces, not just one.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 18:07:53 »

Two issues being commented on. The result and actual promotion. For me, 0-0, as mentioned two points for us to gain should we beat the Tykes. City to go up with us on the basis of interesting local rivalry and bums on seats, we need every penny we can lay our hands on next season and with that scenario in mind. Would he great if it was Town, slave traders, Reading, Fulham, Brentford, Charlton, Millwall (nah, fuck 'em, hope they get relegated), Brighton, Cardiff, Birmingham, Wolves, Watford not forgetting Bournemouth, all within easy distance, should things work out.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: