Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 246734 times)
kerry red

« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:30:39 »

Or Franchise as they are known
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:38:58 »

There's no way of telling who will end the season in the automatics and play-offs.

What I hope doesn't happen is the usual suspects putting any non-promotion down to 'bottling'.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:41:54 »

You mean Preston  Smiley

I do know 3 of the 4 likely looking sides for auto, will be dreading the thought of PO's....that's us, 82ers and PNE.  82ers record in PO's is poor, PNE's the stuff of legend, and our recent record has left psychological scars.  I'd guess only Franchise wouldn't be too bothered about ending up there...not sure if that's a help or hinderance.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:51:23 »

I do know 3 of the 4 likely looking sides for auto, will be dreading the thought of PO's....that's us, 82ers and PNE.  82ers record in PO's is poor, PNE's the stuff of legend, and our recent record has left psychological scars.  I'd guess only Franchise wouldn't be too bothered about ending up there...not sure if that's a help or hinderance.

I would think the sides that have occupied the top 2 positions most of this season will be the ones that are the most scarred by missing out on the autos. These are the sides that usually fail in the PO's. If City miss out then I can't see them doing at all well. I'd quite fancy us at Wembley this time around (if the pitch is in good nick), but I'm not sure if we'd make it through the semis.

As you say, the team that puts together a late run of form and just scrapes into the POs usually do well.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 09:37:31 »

I get the feeling in March City are going to drop points they have a lot of fixtures plus a Wembley visit in the Tin Pot and the fixtures and Wembley will have an impact on them and if they get any injuries to Flint who seems to be their hero even though he still cant pass a ball they will be stuffed.

All the so called experts keep talking about City how good they are but we are a better footballing side than they are. watching their game against West Ham I was under the impression from City fans they played the ball from the back but all their keeper kept doing was launching it long to Smith. Smith leaves at the end of March who is also scoring all their goals so unless they get someone else in on an emergency loan I have this feeling they are going to slip up.
All these sports programmes also seem to have some obsession with the scouser idiot from MK as well as though he is some icon what is their obsession with him he's won nothing and has blown promotion about four seasons on the trot.
One thing we need to do is improve on games like last week where we should have been three up before they scored but if were not put chances away we need to at least grind out a draw as Sheffield united are not a good side they are just physical and direct similar to Preston so I hope when we play them away we have learnt from last week.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 09:39:25 »

Sky's obsession with MK derives from the fact that they are roughly the same age.

Never knowingly overstated.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 09:48:26 »

Smith leaves at the end of March

His loan finishes this month.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
kerry red

« Reply #157 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 09:49:10 »

1st March
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 09:49:48 »

1st March

Close enough !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 10:44:08 »

I get the feeling in March City are going to drop points they have a lot of fixtures plus a Wembley visit in the Tin Pot and the fixtures and Wembley will have an impact on them and if they get any injuries to Flint who seems to be their hero even though he still cant pass a ball they will be stuffed.

All the so called experts keep talking about City how good they are but we are a better footballing side than they are. watching their game against West Ham I was under the impression from City fans they played the ball from the back but all their keeper kept doing was launching it long to Smith. Smith leaves at the end of March who is also scoring all their goals so unless they get someone else in on an emergency loan I have this feeling they are going to slip up.
All these sports programmes also seem to have some obsession with the scouser idiot from MK as well as though he is some icon what is their obsession with him he's won nothing and has blown promotion about four seasons on the trot.
One thing we need to do is improve on games like last week where we should have been three up before they scored but if were not put chances away we need to at least grind out a draw as Sheffield united are not a good side they are just physical and direct similar to Preston so I hope when we play them away we have learnt from last week.

City can't play with the ball out from the back. Ayling and the other defender are decent but Flint is absolutely horse shit with the ball at his feet so it wouldn't work. Hence the tactic of launching to Smith to feed JET and Freeman. It seems to be working ok at the moment, lets see what happens when Smith goes back to Fulham.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #160 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 10:55:28 »

City can't play with the ball out from the back. Ayling and the other defender are decent but Flint is absolutely horse shit with the ball at his feet so it wouldn't work. Hence the tactic of launching to Smith to feed JET and Freeman. It seems to be working ok at the moment, lets see what happens when Smith goes back to Fulham.
The 82ers are saying Flint is their most improved player this season. Can't see it myself I think he has always been a cart horse.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 10:57:56 »

The 82ers are saying Flint is their most improved player this season. Can't see it myself I think he has always been a cart horse.

He's a reliable defender in the air and isn't too bad defending on the floor and is definitely a weapon from set pieces.

Against West Ham he kept trying to ping balls through to the forwards and they almost always went straight to the keeper.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:10:39 »

He's a reliable defender in the air and isn't too bad defending on the floor and is definitely a weapon from set pieces.

Against West Ham he kept trying to ping balls through to the forwards and they almost always went straight to the keeper.

Bless him, he thinks he's a footballer.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:31:46 »

In football terms, I absolutely loathe Aden Flint. But compared to last season, he's improved vastly (from what I've seen).

Bristol City are dull as dishwater to watch but let's face it, they're very good at winning. I just can't see them dipping below the automatic places. As a supporter of a fellow promotion challenger it's frustrating to see as they always look like they're there for the taking but only a few can quite manage it.

I think it'll be Play-Offs for Town but still loads of time to sink or swim.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:33:55 »

I still don't count Preston or Sheffield united out of the race for automatics just yet. it's impossible to predict.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: