Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 2672 times)
Nils

« on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:37:25 »

Heaton - 5 - Let a silly goal in under his body other 2 goals were shite defending. Looks like he has the potential to be a good player.
Charlie CP - 6 - Solid. Didn't really get too involved in the game and didn't look to comfortable as a R/L back.
Jerel - 5 - Got out done for pace for one of the goals.
Reeves - 6 - Wore his heart on his sleeve as usual. Won his headers and put in tackles. Very unfortunate end to what could be his last game as a player.
Smith - 5 - Got out done for pace to many times.
Shakes - 5 - Glimpses of what he could do.
Whalley - 5 - Very ineffective. Think that he got subbed cos of a bug he was cmplaining about but really we had no option but to play him.
Pook - 6 - Damn good goal. Battled well.
Heaton - 4 - Bollocks. Send him back.
Roberts - 5 - Lazy and ineffective. When he tried to do something it went wrong and knocked his confidence. Don't play him with Thorpe ever.
Thorpe - 5 - Bad attitude. Don't think he is finding it easy to play football here.

SUBS

Fallon - 5 - Battledok but as soon as he came on we went 3-1 down and he didn't look to interested to be honest.
Nicolau - 4 - Not his fault for a low rating.Should never have been asked toplay in central midfield.
Cureton - 4 - Did nothing.

Overall we did nothing good. Took 40 mins to put together a meaningful attack. Got outdone by pace. They wanted to win more than us. We loked as though we thought that because that they are from a lower division that we would walk over them. And to be quite frank I cannot choose a MOM out of that shite.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:38:55 »

I'd give everyone a 4 except for Reeves, Fallon, Pook and Whalley. That was dire.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:41:25 »

I thought Shakes had quite a good game compared to the rest, showed his pace, skinned players several times and put in some good crosses

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:43:29 »

sorry I forgot Shakes as well, he was quite good.

It doesn't seem quite so bad on reflection, I think I convinced myself it was worse than it was.

thank fuck I didn't have to pay.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:45:04 »

Heaton made some cracking saves.

Heaton - 6
Platt - 5 - I thought he was good tonight, solid.
Reeves - 6. Gutted Sad
Ifil - 5 - He was alright until that one mistake.
Smith - 4. I must admit I like Smith, he's solid but he wasn't the best today.
Shakes - 5. This guy is gonna get better & better.
Whalley - 5. Didn't see much of him
Pook - 6. Terrific goal.
Heath - 4. Not sure what to make of him yet.
Roberts - 3.
Thorpe - 3.

Subs.
Nicolau - 4
Fallon - 4
Cureton 4. I think Cureton will get beter as we go on.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:45:19 »

lucky git!  :x

well, shakes is quality and should be starting every gam. thought he was prob one of the best players tonight by a long way. platt looked solid too. otherwise i didn't really notice anyone else.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 22:45:28 »

Heaton - 6 One class save, for a young goalkeeper a pretty steady start
Charlie CP - 6 - Again just as it was his debut, didn't do much wrong and made decent challenges when necessary
Jerel - 5 - At fault for 2nd goal and distribution poor, though battled fairly well
Reeves - 6 - Solid defending but distribution was erratic
Smith - 5 - Had a difficult task against a pacey full back, but tried hard and positional play was good
Shakes - 6 - tried hard and looks dangerous with his pace
Whalley - 4 - Poor, gave up too easily, especially one time when a Wycombe player outdone him for pace and he gave up
Pook - 5 - Good goal, tried hard but passing somewhat wayward
Heath 4 - Lazy and no final ball, not a good start
Roberts - 4- Also lazy, when he lost the ball never bothered trying to recover it. No running off the ball
Thorpe - 5 - Held the ball up OK, but never had a final ball either
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 04:43:12 »

Thorpe is getting a 5 :shock:
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 07:09:19 »

What a nightmare!!!

It all started when I nearly never made the start and had to run into the ground to catch the beginning ..just made it .

Then i got a call 10 mins in from the girl from the club shop to say she coudnt get over to my side due to town end being shut .. so I had to sit on my own  Sad

Next up was the chain smoking old git in front of me who smoked 200 fags in the game .. but blew them all over me ..

And to cap things off .. the lovey dovey teen couple who just snogged and giggled inanely the WHOLE MATCH totally pissed me off!!!

Anyway .. the match itself was a debacle with King changing players AND formations unnecssarily ... before reverting to a back 4 .. no wonder they didnt know what they supposed to do

The team Ratings

Heaton 6- looked steady and decent backup to Rhys but did show just how GOOD Evans is!
Smith 7 - good attitude .. looked very good at right back when he switched
Comyn-Platt 7 - also good attitude and deserves a go on Saturday
Reeves 6 - gave 100 percent but was a bit slow at times - sad end to his game - get well soon
Ifil 5 - all the good work he did was ruined on that 2nd goal he gave away ..
Heath 6 - did well until he was switched over to left side where he struggled - looked like he could be a prospect tho
Shakes 6 - tried very hard but didnt find the end product
Pook 6 - tried hard - good goal but slightly anonymous
Whalley 1 - for turning up .. truly awful - slower and worse then Hewlett ever was and that saying something
Thorpe ZERO - did he turn uP?Huh?? Get rid of him - wrong attitude
Roberts 1 - for turning up - bad attitude

Subs Nicolau 6 - tried hard out of position
Fallon 7 - gave his all in the short time left
Cureton 4 - crap again - had a good chance and skied it

King ZERO - got it totally wrong tactically - we were all over the place

Crying
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 07:44:02 »

Wycombe - 9

Thought they played very well actually. They were assured defensively, absolutely dominated midfield and were playing some very sweet balls out wide to their wingers who were nippy and skillfull (shakes-esque in fact!)

Fair play to them.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
fatbury

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 07:51:10 »

Yeah have to say well done to John Gorman .. always had lot of time and respect for him .. hope they draw a big game in the next round and get promoted  
McLovin

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 07:51:58 »

I must have been at a different game.

- Heaton was excellent, and his distribution showed Rhys that you can throw it out rather than punting it down the pitch all afternoon.

- Comyn Platt looked remarkably good in a bad defence

- Pook still isn't fit enough, his 'engine' seemed to cut out if he was chasing back someone a tad faster than him

- Heath looked ok. Got in to some good positions despite being asked to play in about 3 different areas.

- Whalley was average, not awful.

- Reeves cannot play against anyone with even an ounce of pace.

- Cureton/Thorpe: Small players need quick feet and a good first touch.  These two have showed me that neither of them have any concept of close control.

They are some of my observations.
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 07:56:14 »

I second that Brighton - we shouldn't take anything away from Wycombe - they looked a very good side.  If they can keep all their players fit then they should walk away with that division!

Despite that - we were found wanting.  Impressed by Shakes & Comyn-Platt, Heaton did ok (although I felt he could have come out and claimed the ball for their 2nd goal) and Heath looked unfit, slightly fat and most of the time, uninterested.  I'll give him time to change my opinion though.

On the whole, not a great game, lets just hope we can learn something from it!
JMH75

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 08:13:48 »

Heaton 7- Not at fault for any of the goals, look quite assured and confident. Will help keep Rhys on his toes.
Smith 6 - Looked good and bad at times, agree with the comments about him playing at right back. Kept trying even at 3-1
Comyn-Platt 7 - One of the few plus points, agree with Fatbury that he deserves a start on Saturday
Reeves 3 - He's a legend, but was short of pace and left too much of the work to Ifil, should have possibly covered Ifil for goal 2, Gutted about the injury though.
Ifil 5 - Worked tirelessly and played well for the majority of the game except for a couple of lapses, one of which cost us a goal.
Heath 4 - Looked really good for a 10min spell. Thinks he's a good prospect but not on the left.
Shakes 7 - Though he played well, looks a great signing. Often got into good positions and had no options from midfield or attack.
Pook 6 - Good goal, will be very good. Tried really hard, but think that he's being called upon too regularly at the moment.
Whalley 4 - Looked unfit, touch was poor. Lack of fitness meant that Pook had to cover a lot of ground. Think that he's ill in his defence.
Thorpe 4 - Tried hard for the first 20-30mins then lost heart. Didn't have a good game but had no support whatsoever from midfield. If you 4ft 0 long balls from defence aren’t good.
Roberts 4 - Same as Thorpe really, needs to have a confidence boost of playing upfront with our starting 11 and not just used in reserve games otherwise he looses interest.

Subs - Unfair to rate, game was over.

King -  Would like to dish blame on him, but to be fair what option did he have with our thread bare squad. Was let down by his players.

----------------------

I'm back!

-----------------------
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:45:34 »

saw some guy moan at kingy? why? npt kingys fault the players couldn't defend a corner, or jerel let the man get behind him and score..kingy hasn't got a bloody controller. last night the players really did let him down.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: