Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup final Germany v Argentina  (Read 182292 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:06:38 »

Lionel Messi is, without doubt, the best player I've seen in person.

He was unbelievable.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:08:38 »

Lionel Messi is, without doubt, the best player I've seen in person.

He was unbelievable.

Quite a specimen eh?  Wink

Cats are better than dogs FACT

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:11:10 »

Messi had the chance to show he was the best player in the world tonight and came up short.
Compare him to maradona for instance. Not even close.
He is arguably the best player in the world but this was set up for him and he didn't show it.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:13:29 »

Messi is up there with the best. I just don't think the Argies have developed a system or a team structure that gets the best out of him.  Maradona didn't and neither did Sabella.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:13:50 »

Is Messi allowed to be a bloody good player? Not as good as Maradona but still a bloody good player?

Agree with Jan, not over rated IMO. His club record speaks for itself and he had a massive influence on getting a reasonably average team to the final. Not sure who he's over rated by?!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:16:04 »

Of course he isn't overrated. His record speaks for itself.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:17:33 »

He genuinely is though. Gets fed chances on a plate at Barca. Not saying he's not world class, because he really is. But goes hiding in games, seems to be most important games too. Not better than Maradona..

Yeah all those champions league finals and el classicos he's scored in mean fuck all. You've referred to him as world class and overrated at the same time, have a word with yourself.

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:20:45 »

I reckon he did his hamstring start of the 2nd half
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:24:54 »

Yeah all those champions league finals and el classicos he's scored in mean fuck all. You've referred to him as world class and overrated at the same time, have a word with yourself.

World class but not best ever as people suggest - therefore over-rated.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:26:32 »

Deutschland um es in der nachspielzeit gewinnen

Thank you one and all  Naughty
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:31:18 »

My mind can't help but drift back to a Euro u 21 final 5 years ago. England got mullered by the Hun, but had been quite impressive in getting to the final.

Germany U21: Neuer, Beck, Howedes, Boateng, Boenisch, Hummels (Aogo 83), Johnson (Schwaab 68), Castro, Khedira, Ozil (Schmelzer 89), Wagner.
Subs Not Used: Fromlowitz, Ebert, Marin, Grote, Adlung, Ben-Hatira, Ede, Sippel.
Goals: Castro 23, Ozil 48, Wagner 79, 84.
Booked: Boenisch, Wagner.
England U21: Loach, Cranie (Gardner 80), Richards, Onuoha (Mancienne 46), Gibbs, Cattermole, Muamba (Rodwell 77), Noble, Milner, Walcott, Johnson.
Subs Not Used: Lewis, Taylor, Stearman, Tomkins, Driver, Rose.

6 Hun, on the original team sheet tonight.

James Milner the only one of ours to make the squad, although I suppose Theo would if he'd been fit.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:32:49 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 22:49:25 »

My mind can't help but drift back to a Euro u 21 final 5 years ago. England got mullered by the Hun, but had been quite impressive in getting to the final.

Germany U21: Neuer, Beck, Howedes, Boateng, Boenisch, Hummels (Aogo 83), Johnson (Schwaab 68), Castro, Khedira, Ozil (Schmelzer 89), Wagner.
Subs Not Used: Fromlowitz, Ebert, Marin, Grote, Adlung, Ben-Hatira, Ede, Sippel.
Goals: Castro 23, Ozil 48, Wagner 79, 84.
Booked: Boenisch, Wagner.
England U21: Loach, Cranie (Gardner 80), Richards, Onuoha (Mancienne 46), Gibbs, Cattermole, Muamba (Rodwell 77), Noble, Milner, Walcott, Johnson.
Subs Not Used: Lewis, Taylor, Stearman, Tomkins, Driver, Rose.

6 Hun, on the original team sheet tonight.

James Milner the only one of ours to make the squad, although I suppose Theo would if he'd been fit.

People keep going back to this...

It's hardly a shock is it? If Germany had better players 5 years ago - 5 years on those players are still going to better?

I'd be more interested to know how many league games those German players have averaged since compared with the English players.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, July 14, 2014, 06:28:19 »

I didn't realise till recently he collapsed on the day of the final, wasn't on the original team sheet as we was still in the hospital when the teams were announced.
Yeah, there were a lot of rumours that sponsor pressure forced Brazil to play him despite his fit.

All denied of course but whatever happened it caused Brazil not to turn up to the final .
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, July 14, 2014, 07:57:13 »

The best team of the whole four weeks won.....as much as it hurts me to say it.

Great goal and so glad it never went to penalties.

Jocks and Paddies with Hun and Jam rolls in the Euro qualifying group...they're fucked!

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, July 14, 2014, 08:42:52 »

For me the best 'team' in the tournament take home the spoils.

Messi showed glimpses of brilliance but, like Ronaldo, his club team is better than his International team and he never really looked like the Messi of Barcelona. I thought giving him the golden ball trophy was a bit of a piss-take and felt for him having to go up and collect it (Robben or James Rodriguez for me should have got it).

One of my friends was watching on Copacabana beach and said some of the Argentinians were throwing chairs at the celebrating Germans which is a shame but not altogether surprising.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: