Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brazil v Dutch  (Read 23117 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, July 12, 2014, 20:33:36 »

Why would PSG spend so much money on him if he wasn't an excellent defender?

They can write it off for tax purposes?
kerry red

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, July 12, 2014, 20:39:11 »

I've just had a 20 on Brazil to win at 10/1

Reckon the cloggies will get a man sent off soon
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 12, 2014, 20:51:03 »

My chilli pork scratchings from marks and spencer is more exciting than this game...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 12, 2014, 21:03:53 »

My chilli pork scratchings from marks and spencer is more exciting than this game...

Sounds like a great find!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 01:39:08 »

Nah that's just the amount of excitement sippo can handle

Things get better but they never get good
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:03:46 »

I wish the Brazilian fans would stop squealing like little girls every time something happens. It's a football match, not a bloody boy band concert FFS!

Their fans have been shit all tournament. Very Japanese like, as when they get near penalty area they just scream.

Completely out done by the visiting Argies, proper supporters.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:26:35 »

I was just thinking this recently. I thought the whole point of a Brazil World Cup was colour and excitement. Fans in the stands banging out samba rhythms, passion, fun, face-paint. Not everyone's cup of tea, but you get the picture.

Thing is, we've seen none of that this time around.  None of the legendary Brazilian passion for football.  The legend has taken a bit of a hammering.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:32:03 »

Robben falling over at EVERY tackle got right on my tits....in the end the ref got pissed off too and ignored a couple of fouls.  It was Donaldson all over again for me..

That was a deft penalty to Brazil.....Oscar was booked for diving and the cloggie Blind had to go off with a fucked knee.....if no contact, how did that happen?

Clems Army!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:33:14 »

Oscar is a diving little shit

I come from a land down-under
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:39:24 »

I was just thinking this recently. I thought the whole point of a Brazil World Cup was colour and excitement. Fans in the stands banging out samba rhythms, passion, fun, face-paint. Not everyone's cup of tea, but you get the picture.

Thing is, we've seen none of that this time around.  None of the legendary Brazilian passion for football.  The legend has taken a bit of a hammering.

I was chatting with a Brazilian on Twitter he thinks it's down to the wrong type of fan getting their hands on ticket. The prawn sandwich brigade, if you like, has been the Brazilian fan of this tournament, whereas the real fan has been left to support from afar.

Think in the last couple of games you can see the same with the Argies. Group matches they were chanting away, whereas in last couple of matches a different type of supporter has taken their place.
kerry red

Re:
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:39:29 »

A lot of that is down to the fact that hardly any of their team have ever actually played for a Brazilian club.

They feel no, or little, connection with the players.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 09:54:31 »

Next season, fans of lower league sides, who are shite, (hopefully not us) will be able to do the old "just like watching Brazil" chant
RedRag

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 10:13:34 »

Is it the cauldron that is the County Ground that makes some on here a bit sniffy?

Has anyone seen the Colombians and Mexicans and indeed the Argentinians in the earlier phases?

And what about what we might look on as the meaningless matches between minnows (eg Iran, England, Algeria etc) - the Brasileiros have been great for getting bums on seats and creating atmosphere with the pockets of actual supporters on hand.

This WC has compared favourably in my opinion to all recent WCs for atmosphere
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 10:18:18 »

Next season, fans of lower league sides, who are shite, (hopefully not us) will be able to do the old "just like watching Brazil" chant
Ha ha. I said that to a Barnsley fan yesterday when he reminded me they got beat 7-1 when they were in the premiership
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 10:29:35 »

Is it the cauldron that is the County Ground that makes some on here a bit sniffy?

Has anyone seen the Colombians and Mexicans and indeed the Argentinians in the earlier phases?

And what about what we might look on as the meaningless matches between minnows (eg Iran, England, Algeria etc) - the Brasileiros have been great for getting bums on seats and creating atmosphere with the pockets of actual supporters on hand.

This WC has compared favourably in my opinion to all recent WCs for atmosphere

We're talking about the atmosphere in Brazil matches here, well I was anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: